Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

The best NGI moment ever was in the 2014 prelim final at the MCG when none of the fans expected it or knew it'd be played, however out of nowhere the music started it's super slow and soft intro and our travelling fans went ballistic. The Hawks fans had no idea why all the 20k Port supporters had all suddenly stood up and started clapping. Then just to build it up even more the players didn't emerge until the 2nd verse was complete, as if they did it for a bit of theatre (though I'm sure they didn't). That was the peak of NGI.

Since then with our decline as a team I think it's been a bit harder to really celebrate our players and give them a warm welcome onto the field given how ambivalent we all are to this team at the moment that does seem to give up to easy. We all still do it though, and NGI is still part of it all and I love it, but the 'intro' to NGI and the vibe around the team has definitely made it not feel as special as it once did.
How come it's taken me 3 years to hear of this story?

How come it's taken me 3 years to hear of this story?
If you weren't there you missed out on a great day. Regardless of the result :(

Same and I was there, can't recall it I can recall us taking over the city with the march to the G.
You can't remember them playing it? It was brilliant. I was behind the goals with the 3-4 bays of Port fans there and we were all up and about immediately when the song started playing. Could also see the couple other bays of Port fans on the wing get up and clap as well.

If you weren't there you missed out on a great day. Regardless of the result :(

You can't remember them playing it? It was brilliant. I was behind the goals with the 3-4 bays of Port fans there and we were all up and about immediately when the song started playing. Could also see the couple other bays of Port fans on the wing get up and clap as well.
Yeah I was second level to the left of the port cheer squad you know we took over the G when Hawks fans I knew said we drowned their own fans out. Is there a video anywhere of the never give in.

Yeah I was second level to the left of the port cheer squad you know we took over the G when Hawks fans I knew said we drowned their own fans out. Is there a video anywhere of the never give in.
Not sure mate, as I said it was a surprise when it came on so there might not have been anyone ready and recording.

The best NGI moment ever was in the 2014 prelim final at the MCG when none of the fans expected it or knew it'd be played, however out of nowhere the music started it's super slow and soft intro and our travelling fans went ballistic. The Hawks fans had no idea why all the 20k Port supporters had all suddenly stood up and started clapping. Then just to build it up even more the players didn't emerge until the 2nd verse was complete, as if they did it for a bit of theatre (though I'm sure they didn't). That was the peak of NGI.

Since then with our decline as a team I think it's been a bit harder to really celebrate our players and give them a warm welcome onto the field given how ambivalent we all are to this team at the moment that does seem to give up to easy. We all still do it though, and NGI is still part of it all and I love it, but the 'intro' to NGI and the vibe around the team has definitely made it not feel as special as it once did.

Happened at the semi final in Perth the week before as well, albeit with a smaller contingent of Port fans present to participate :)

It's not like we can stop other supporters from doing it.

"YOU VIL SITZ WEN VE DO DA SCARFENWAVING UND SINGENSONGING. NEIN EXZEPTIONS!!"

Genuinely lolled for a few minutes. I also know for a fact that all night at work Im going to be thinking of this and lolling at random moments.

What can I say, Im a simple man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not like we can stop other supporters from doing it.

"YOU VIL SITZ WEN VE DO DA SCARFENWAVING UND SINGENSONGING. NEIN EXZEPTIONS!!"
If you'd written that lampooning Chinese accented English that would have been racist. ;)

Has this just had an influence on recruiting Jack Watts? I seriously think it has. When players think of playing for us, they think about the opportunity to be involved in NTUA.

Watts said he got goosebumps at AO when we did NTUA when they played here.

"What a shit idea this is, you stole Liverpools thing!"

*3 years later*

"We need our own song that is better than Port Powersers!"

When I used the forum search to find this thread, I had to wade through stacks of oppo board threads asking "what can be our version of ntua" - they can deny it and trash it all they want but their jealousy is obvious.

See today:

2017-10-17 19.09.11.png

When I used the forum search to find this thread, I had to wade through stacks of oppo board threads asking "what can be our version of ntua" - they can deny it and trash it all they want but their jealousy is obvious.

See today:

View attachment 429382
Why is Graham Cornes's face in black and white?

See today:

View attachment 429382

Lol this would fail so hard. It would be totally contrived, mean absolutely nothing and their limp dick crowd would put zero energy into it.

At best, it'll be your dad having a really awkward go at karaoke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back