Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our pre game needs a tune up.
It was fine until they decided to try and improve it from 2014. Just needs to go back in 2018 back to the March from the Mall and across the bridge. GDV back where it belongs. No NOVA idiot telling us what to do with NTUA. It's what naturally worked and they unnecessarily embellished it.

Though it will all seem more lively if the team starts turning up at home against decent opponents, so the crowd doesn't feel flat before it even starts.

I love Not Giving In. NTUA continues to be cringe worthy though. A lame gimmick for a club that shouldn't need one. Just ugh.
Wow, well there's always one I guess.

NTUA is outstanding. A fan led natural movement and display of passion for our club and what we've endured. It was legitimately the highlight of the entire WC game. It doesn't have even one ounce of gimmic about it.

17 other clubs dream of being able to have something so symbolic that their entire supporter base would join in.

Never give in has no symbolic resonance with the fanbase - the players just go out and play and couldn't give a fat rat's clacker about it - dump asap.

NTUA was outstanding against WC - keep at all costs and dim the music down in the last 20 seconds every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not giving in was a 2013 thing.

It rings utterly hollow now.
I remember in 2013/14 our last quarters were so awesome. It was like an unstoppable wave of momentum.

It gave the players and supporters a lot of belief. What the hell happened?

Not giving in was a 2013 thing.

It rings utterly hollow now.
We dont give in, we just bloody start late some times and cant ****ing execute our kicks on goal properly.

If there is a song called Not Kicking Straight, then maybe that should be adopted.

Saturday's coordination by far one of the best renditions of NTUA. Jarrod not telling people to stand up and raise their scarves, the fade out towards the end..spine tingling. Jarrod must of heard the feedback about him;
The club would have passed it on. I doubt I was the only one who got back to Ben, for the fan engagement, changes were wanted there. Hats off to Ben and the club for listening and implementing it. If only on-field was as easy.

I love NGI!

It has attitude and is a part of the club ethos, it is aspirational as it is instuctive. Far better than running out to Power to Win.

The club would have passed it on. I doubt I was the only one who got back to Ben, for the fan engagement, changes were wanted there. Hats off to Ben and the club for listening and implementing it. If only on-field was as easy.
Yeh, was in my email to him along with turn the music down/off for NTUA. Pity my selections and fwd structure suggestions didn't get over the line :oops:

Should we, as a fan base, just start singing NTUA prior to the bounce in the '17 SNAFL GF?
Its relevant, but would be seen as artificial and not a Maggies thing. Mind you if we had started doing it a Alberton first home game in 2014 it would have been just as appropriate as the first home game at AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back