Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

Dante really copping it for a bloke that had no prep at all into his first game. Only injected 10 mins into the first quarter as he said he didnt have time to think or to be nervous and therefore as expected ran around like a headless chook. Saturday night footy stand alone game at the biggest and most prestigious stadium against one of the biggest vic clubs.

Against a 31 year old, 75 game ruckman. Who, i still find funny that people are blaming Dante for Philips ruck smashes in the last quarter when burgoyne was already on the ground and Dante subbed off.

Sure he didnt have 40 hitouts 12 marks and kick 5 goals but what i did see is one bone crunching holding the ball in the middle (followed by a shocking handball but thats okay) which showed the aggression that he likely got picked for. If anything probably the coaches fault for leaving scooter in too late if he had any inkling of injury
He's not 'copping it', nobody is writing him off. The only comments on his game have been that he isn't ready for the level, which you even admit in your post.

Then there was the Merrett one on Marshall late in the game where not 5 seconds before he was tackled and shoveled it out, but the second one was called a throw. Consistency is all you ask.
Yeah I picked up on this and had a chuckle because it was blatantly obvious

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watched the last two minutes again. Commentator blew the occasion.. "it's a long long ball.. it'll need further investigation"

Would have been screaming his nuts off if the teams were swapped.
Witness old mate Darce getting all gravelly voiced as Essendon took the lead.

Just watched the last two minutes again. Commentator blew the occasion.. "it's a long long ball.. it'll need further investigation"

Would have been screaming his nuts off if the teams were swapped.
I actually prefer the commentating that way compared to the BT / Anthony Hudson constant screaming making the moment more about them than the action itself.

You can spin someone 360 and they drop it and it not be HTB, but a player can be tackled without prior and have the ball underneath them, unable to get it out (like Ollie) and they'll pay it.
Absolute morons. Most football fans will agree that HTB is the biggest problem with officiating and has been for years. It's unbelievable they still can't get it right.
I saw boaky tackle someone right in front of goals and he just dropped it

PLAY ON

like **** me

How has Burton gone from gun to absolute potato? He is dead set a liability at the moment.

And Bonner fk me how that guy keeps getting picked is beyond me. Duursma comes back and I hope we never see Bonner again. Makes Ryan Lonnie look like SPP
burton needs a spell but he’ll be fine

bonner will either do something really good or he’ll cost us a goal.

Just on our percentage. Of the current top eight:

Port Adelaide has played 9 games against the top eight for 7 wins (77.8%). 7 of their 13 wins have been against quality opposition (53.8%).

Collingwood has played 7 games against the top eight for 5 wins (71.4%). 5 our their 13 wins have been against quality opposition (38.5%).

Brisbane has played 7 games against the top eight for 4 wins (57.1%). 4 out of their 11 wins have been against quality opposition (36.4%)

Adelaide have played 6 games against the top eight for 3 wins (50%). 3 out of their 8 wins have been against quality opposition (37.5%)

Melbourne has played 5 games against the top eight for 2 wins (40%). 2 out of their 9 wins (10 if they beat GWS) have been against quality opposition (22.2%/20% if they beat GWS)

The Western Bulldogs have played 6 games against the top eight for 2 wins (33.3%). 2 out of their 9 wins have been against quality opposition (22.2%)

St Kilda have played 6 games against the top eight for 2 wins (33.3%). 2 out of their 9 wins (they won't lose to WCE) have been against quality opposition (22.2%)

Essendon have played 6 games against the top eight for 1 win (16.7%). 1 of their 8 wins have been against quality opposition (12.5%)

Bring in Rioli, Duursma, Jones and most importantly Lycett into that team and we win comfortably.
What is the definition of quality opposition? And is top 8 the top 8 today or whether they were top 8 when we played them?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the win and run.

Essendon have improved a lot and were ready for this game. They stretched our press and rebounded quickly and easily. They took advantage of their ruck dominance and made the most of our sloppy play and mistakes. Lot of passengers for both sides really and port was beaten in most stats. We struggled to move it out of defensive fifty and couldn’t keep it in our forward fifty.

Houston, Rozee and Farrell were huge. Butters was solid. Dixon started well but dropped off. Williams built into the game. Alir did to.

I actually prefer the commentating that way compared to the BT / Anthony Hudson constant screaming making the moment more about them than the action itself.

It's acceptable to lose your shit when it's a 50m kick after the siren. That actually succeeding happens probably about once a decade. Some things call for going off your tit and that was one

And Bonner fk me how that guy keeps getting picked is beyond me. Duursma comes back and I hope we never see Bonner again. Makes Ryan Lonnie look like SPP

Your obsession with Bonner is unhealthy dude. He wasn't even close to worst on ground last night.

For someone getting sand in his 'gina about people getting emotional in game day threads, it's also a tad hypocritical.

I missed the game and just saw the end score late last night and was slightly disappointed with the score initially but I hadn’t realised that Lycett was pulled out at the eleventh hour and a baby ruck thrown to the wolves with little mental preparation.
So now taking all that into consideration, and that we were a slightly less experienced team playing at the MCG I am thinking that win was well done.
Sheesh though, Lycett is a concern, hope we can keep him on the field for finals.
Well done Port …. and Houston, just wow.

The commentators were awful last night. Nearly as biased as the umpires. The energy of the calls swung with the momentum of the game.

The Daisy chick actually said "the only thing that's going to hurt us" at one stage when 'analyzing' match-ups. Obviously "us" was Essendon. She also called Jed McEntee Ned McEntee lol. Although funny, if it's your job to know the names of every player on the field the least you could do is know the name of every player on the field.

I'd love for someone to actually highlight exactly what Bonner does or doesn't do that attracts the persistent criticism which he receives. Often its just 'I think he's soft' with zero evidence or reasoning to back that claim up.

He is an unremarkable but otherwise reliable depth player. He will go out once there is a better option but for now he's the best we have got in that position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back