O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody hoping for an Albury drop-off anytime soon, think again.

They've set themselves up beautifully, they've got a healthy junior program and not only do they have the financial support, they have a buttload of people who actually want to play at the club regardless of money.

They've got 100's of kids wanting a game in their juniors.

Whether you like it or not, it's now up to the other club's to lift themselves up to Albury's level, because they aren't going to drop off any time soon.

Anybody hoping for an Albury drop-off anytime soon, think again.

They've set themselves up beautifully, they've got a healthy junior program and not only do they have the financial support, they have a buttload of people who actually want to play at the club regardless of money.

They've got 100's of kids wanting a game in their juniors.

Whether you like it or not, it's now up to the other club's to lift themselves up to Albury's level, because they aren't going to drop off any time soon.
Valid points there Bourky but what happens to that kid whose played all his juniors at the club and can't crack a game because they've signed another hired gun. He then gets offered $$$ to go bush and the club loses them for good. Look at Corowa, paid imports serious $$$ for the last decade but barely have a decent junior left at the club as they end up at Wahgunyah, Rutherglen, CDHBU etc. Its great to have plenty of juniors coming through the ranks but at the end of the day it should be the senior side that get's the ultimate benefit not losing them to Hume or Tallangatta league clubs.:thumbsu:

Valid points there Bourky but what happens to that kid whose played all his juniors at the club and can't crack a game because they've signed another hired gun. He then gets offered $$$ to go bush and the club loses them for good. Look at Corowa, paid imports serious $$$ for the last decade but barely have a decent junior left at the club as they end up at Wahgunyah, Rutherglen, CDHBU etc. Its great to have plenty of juniors coming through the ranks but at the end of the day it should be the senior side that get's the ultimate benefit not losing them to Hume or Tallangatta league clubs.:thumbsu:

Theres already examples of this happening

Todd Wallace played with the Albury thirds last year and didnt even bother, went straight to Myrtleford

Can the Faiders beat the mighty grasshopers this week? I say not.
If they do maybe it will br time to put my blaaber mouth in retirment
Go the green n gold

:) You werent one of many north supporters leaving at 3qtr time were you?? Dan Leslie got his arse handed to him by a north has been by the way. best centre half back in the league cant beat ayden brown 1-1 even if you do weights in your sleep. :)

Long dreads and a head band with zinc = ****!

Can the Faiders beat the mighty grasshopers this week? I say not.
If they do maybe it will br time to put my blaaber mouth in retirment
Go the green n gold
Well Blah Blah.... I think it is time you stopped your Blabbering... Are you going to stop bagging the raiders now..

Fantastic game to watch and a great outcome. The young raiders stood up again and along with a couple of older leaders pulled it off.

Great game boys.

Well Blah Blah.... I think it is time you stopped your Blabbering... Are you going to stop bagging the raiders now..

Fantastic game to watch and a great outcome. The young raiders stood up again and along with a couple of older leaders pulled it off.

Great game boys.

Credit where credit is due. Am now off their case. :(

Raiders can crow as much as they want about the weekend but unless they back it up over the next few weeks with some competitive results against good opposition it means jack ****.

Until they start showing some consistency I still think that North Albury will get that final spot in the five.

The Raiders are the most frustrating team in the O&M at the moment IMO, it must do Lambo's head in.

How does a side go from losing against both Corowa-Rutherglen and Wodonga (who in all likeliness will finish 9th and 10th) to smashing the Hoppers?

(don't hit me with the "we're a young side so expect inconsistency" dribble either)

play like millionaires one week then like absolute **** the next.

However, Marty Thompson :thumbsu:

what a game from the little fella.

Credit where credit is due. Am now off their case. :(

GOOD !
I heard it was a great win with Meyer, Heta and a few younger blokes finally finding their way. And of course Marty Thompson.:thumbsu:

Hopefully the boys can stick with Albury this week for a while and have a real go and maybe show it's not a one "Tiger" race. :thumbsu:

Hopefully the boys can stick with Albury this week for a while and have a real go and maybe show it's not a one "Tiger" race. :thumbsu:[/quote]

You Serious!!!! what have you been smoking!!!!

Hopefully the boys can stick with Albury this week for a while and have a real go and maybe show it's not a one "Tiger" race. :thumbsu:

You Serious!!!! what have you been smoking!!!![/quote]

Hopefully the boys can stick with Albury this week for a while and have a real go and maybe show it's not a one "Tiger" race.

Where is is no hope, then all hope is lost. :footy:

You Serious!!!! what have you been smoking!!!!

Hopefully the boys can stick with Albury this week for a while and have a real go and maybe show it's not a one "Tiger" race.

Where is is no hope, then all hope is lost. :footy:[/quote]

Yeah for a while one quarter is not bad... Viking boy...

Keep smoking.

How did Joel Smith go at the weekend for Yarra and is there any news on Ednie if he going back to the Pidgeons?:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday All.
Whats everyones thoughts on the Interleague side ? Any predictions for the game ?

As always I will leave you with something, Luke Garland is BERRY excited for tomorrows game !

more to the point why are mpnfl even considered to be in the bush,suburbs of melbourne arent particularly rural

Because the majority of teams play in teams not located within metro Melbourne.

The MPNFL formed only in 1987. Previous to that, most of the teams played in Gippsland leagues. It's only in the last decade or 20 years that places like Pakeham or Cranbourne have been remotely close to Melbourne. It's not the leagues fault that Melbourne keeps expanding outwards at a rapid rate.

Just accept the loss.

The MPNFL stretches as far as Dromana, there are three different divisions. The Casey Cardinia Division is probably the most debatable as to whether it is in Melbourne. It has teams like Pakenham, Cranbourne etc. The Nepean and Peninsula Divisions cover areas like Frankston, Mornington, Sorrento etc so I guess these two divisions probably should fall under the VCFL (which they do). The Casey Cardinia Division has only been in the MPNFL for a few years and hasn't really been embraced.

Overall Saturday's game was quality, both teams really had a crack and in the end if Ash Eames hadn't have been there for the MPNFL the O and M would have won. Are there no good big blokes in the O and M at the moment? or did they just not play? Dan Leslie kept getting the ball kicked on his head and spoiled 95 per cent of the time. Is big Matt Flower still playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back