O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

How Peder and Dale Whelan both didn't get selected in the squad will forever have me baffled.

Both unavailable I believe.

Not so 'baffling' I guess. It's part of the issue of interleague footy every year and I'd suggest in almost every league. We all want the 'best' team on the park, but if those 'best' players are not interested in playing, then they are not worth having. Some leagues do/have in the past forced players to play by suspending those who pull out.
I don't have the answer to the problem, but I'll go as far as to say the O&M couldn't have done much more than it did in the lead up to last weekends match. Let's move on, we lost!

Bloody terrible result for the league as a whole

I really dont like the idea that the MPNFL had 620 players to pick from though, not exactly fair

sounds like sour grapes to me, it is obvious that the o & m is getting weaker and cant compete with melb metro teams or actafl . times are changing

give the Raiders some form of chance, but Lavi will get it done I would have thought.

Also fellas, O&M updates all day today on Twitter @JakeBourke.

I'll be at Bunton Park but should have all the other scores.

Didn't albury have 10 players out of it's first choice team..... Hopefully they drift out in the market a bit because there is very little chance of them losing in September with everyone playing

why is you people just dont give credit where credit is due,albury only had 4 out and the same with yarra. Good work yarra i hope you can keep it up,by the way i'm not from yarra either go doggies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hoppers have just struggled to play 4 quarters each week. I think they have won every 1st quarter of the year and have been in front at half time and in the third quarter for a lot of games. I dont think its fitness just that a lot of their players start playing a different brand of football once in front rather than the game style that put them there.
Will be interesting to see how they bounce back against the Rovers down there.

Haha at yarra playing the song 5 minutes early I'm sure albury will remember that later in the season. They have drifted to 1.70 get on them or maybe wait to after this week they did have 9 or 10 out right unless you are better than the news source

Bush, Mclay, Caroll, Duck, Robinson, Koehler, J Andrew, Wallace, Cross were the outs not to mention L Daly going down in the first quarter. Some pretty handy players missing.. Should make for an interesting week for Albury against Wang this Saturday though.

The Hoppers have just struggled to play 4 quarters each week. I think they have won every 1st quarter of the year and have been in front at half time and in the third quarter for a lot of games. I dont think its fitness just that a lot of their players start playing a different brand of football once in front rather than the game style that put them there.
Will be interesting to see how they bounce back against the Rovers down there.

The coaching appointment there was an interesting one.When things get tough like they are at the moment down at hopper land you need to play for the coach.Are they doing that considering he has no history at the club and because of his age he may not interact with the players socially in the way that say a Matt McDonald would.(Reckon forming bonds through having similar interests and being at similar stages of your life are very important).I don't know the answers to the questions just pondering from afar.Do they reappoint him for next year? If not what was the purpose of his appointment for this year?Are there any guys there that had an interest in the top job-if so would they have been a better fit for this year?

why is you people just dont give credit where credit is due,albury only had 4 out and the same with yarra. Good work yarra i hope you can keep it up,by the way i'm not from yarra either go doggies

just curious as to who yarra had out?? i know for a fact albury had carrol, bush, robinson, wallace, duck, mcclay, koehler, milne, will andrews, jack andrews, cross, drummond and hillary, plus prob a few more out... let me know if i have missed any tigers supporters. cheers

Tyler Bonat, Luke Ednie & Craig Whinray were all missing.

Those three plus two more A graders, who haven't played many games (one of them obviously none at all) who the Pigeons are very confident of having in their side come finals time.

Craig Ednie obviously being the first one, but the other interesting one is Sean Johns, the Murray Bushrangers skipper.

Bushies won't be in the finals this year so expect Yarra to play him enough times to qualify for finals (having said that, expect Albury to try and do the same with Sam Milne, though Milne's state commitments might make that hard)

As for the Albury blokes you listed I'd only count Carroll, Bush, Duck, Koehler, Milne (when available) and maybe Cross as definite starters.

No point counting McClay, he's been cooked for two years and is effectively finished. Won't play again this year.

Obviously there are a few kids you've mentioned there who come in and out of the side and a couple of others who you named haven't and won't play in the senior side this season if Albury can help it.

Fair to say Ednie is the wildcard, if he comes back, it's game on.

Tyler Bonat, Luke Ednie & Craig Whinray were all missing.

Those three plus two more A graders, who haven't played many games (one of them obviously none at all) who the Pigeons are very confident of having in their side come finals time.

Craig Ednie obviously being the first one, but the other interesting one is Sean Johns, the Murray Bushrangers skipper.

Bushies won't be in the finals this year so expect Yarra to play him enough times to qualify for finals (having said that, expect Albury to try and do the same with Sam Milne, though Milne's state commitments might make that hard)

As for the Albury blokes you listed I'd only count Carroll, Bush, Duck, Koehler, Milne (when available) and maybe Cross as definite starters.

No point counting McClay, he's been cooked for two years and is effectively finished. Won't play again this year.

Obviously there are a few kids you've mentioned there who come in and out of the side and a couple of others who you named haven't and won't play in the senior side this season if Albury can help it.

Fair to say Ednie is the wildcard, if he comes back, it's game on.

Excellent summary Bourkey but lets get on with it.

As Paul Spargo was at pains to tell everyone after the game it was 21 players against 21 players on the day, no excuses, beaten by a better side on the day. Well put Paul.

For some of the Albury supporters it must have come as a shock that they can lose a game and excuses not be made. Worry about the next 10 home and away games and then the finals and see what happens, its about who is on the ground on any given day and not excuses.

The coaching appointment there was an interesting one.When things get tough like they are at the moment down at hopper land you need to play for the coach.Are they doing that considering he has no history at the club and because of his age he may not interact with the players socially in the way that say a Matt McDonald would.(Reckon forming bonds through having similar interests and being at similar stages of your life are very important).I don't know the answers to the questions just pondering from afar.Do they reappoint him for next year? If not what was the purpose of his appointment for this year?Are there any guys there that had an interest in the top job-if so would they have been a better fit for this year?

Interesting appointment, why? The appointee has a succesful coaching record and what relevance does history at the club have.

Some great coaching records in the O&M have certainly been from inside the club, Spargo & Sanson, but Gieshan, Whitehead (at North Albury), Peter Tossol when first appointed at Corowa Rutherglen were all outside appointments.

Perhaps we need to look beyond the coach and what the real problems at the Hoppers maybe.

Is their list any good? Probably not.
Does player power run the club? Possibly was when Lambert was moved on. Some of the key activists still in place!!!!
Should the players stop sooking and get on with the job of playing to instruction? Yes
Should some of the younger ones get off the drink on Friday nights? Yes.
Would McDonald be the awnser? He certainly let it be known early in the year that he would be coaching next year.
Is age relevant? No it's about communication and although the appointee is older than other coaches many including Spargo, Sanson, Caruso, Lambert and Magro are hardly spring chickens.

Time for the players to get behind the appointed coach and have a crack if they have the character to stand up and be counted.

Interesting appointment, why? The appointee has a succesful coaching record and what relevance does history at the club have.

Some great coaching records in the O&M have certainly been from inside the club, Spargo & Sanson, but Gieshan, Whitehead (at North Albury), Peter Tossol when first appointed at Corowa Rutherglen were all outside appointments.

Perhaps we need to look beyond the coach and what the real problems at the Hoppers maybe.

Is their list any good? Probably not.
Does player power run the club? Possibly was when Lambert was moved on. Some of the key activists still in place!!!!
Should the players stop sooking and get on with the job of playing to instruction? Yes
Should some of the younger ones get off the drink on Friday nights? Yes.
Would McDonald be the awnser? He certainly let it be known early in the year that he would be coaching next year.
Is age relevant? No it's about communication and although the appointee is older than other coaches many including Spargo, Sanson, Caruso, Lambert and Magro are hardly spring chickens.

Time for the players to get behind the appointed coach and have a crack if they have the character to stand up and be counted.
Just reckon the before mentioned coaches would have the ability to interact socially a bit better being around 40 rather than approx 60.Anyway-certainly have heard a couple of the statements you mentioned so it will be interesting times there in more ways than one in the next couple of months.Speaking of the Hoppers -see an ex hopper who returned "home" was given his marching orders...(to Melbourne-shouldn't take too many guesses)

G'day punters of the ss&a o+m league, i'm involved with Seymour in the G.V(no.1)league but take great intrest in your little part of the world as i have close ties with one of our own triple premiership heroes, Brendan Liddell from Wang Magpies. Was a bit dissapointed to see that they got beat by as much as they did y/day but i guess thats why Albury are where they are. My mate "Sparra" Liddell is yet to make a impact as i know he fighting his way back from injury and as i read in the Border Mail (of which i get delivered from Shepp to Seymour,gr8 little paper!) that the bloke Whelan was out, he seems to be somewhat of a focal point for them. In closing can someone please give me some info about the text msg service that you guys (o+m) run that send scores for every game from every round, cheers !

G'day punters of the ss&a o+m league, i'm involved with Seymour in the G.V(no.1)league but take great intrest in your little part of the world as i have close ties with one of our own triple premiership heroes, Brendan Liddell from Wang Magpies. Was a bit dissapointed to see that they got beat by as much as they did y/day but i guess thats why Albury are where they are. My mate "Sparra" Liddell is yet to make a impact as i know he fighting his way back from injury and as i read in the Border Mail (of which i get delivered from Shepp to Seymour,gr8 little paper!) that the bloke Whelan was out, he seems to be somewhat of a focal point for them. In closing can someone please give me some info about the text msg service that you guys (o+m) run that send scores for every game from every round, cheers !

It's REDTXT.
Your best option would be to ring (02) 6025 0622- O&M House - and get them to give you the opt-in number for it, can't remember what it is atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back