O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.

The coaching combo will come from those three blokes.

could be all of them, could be two of them, could be one of them.

maybe they look at the Yarra prototype? Maher/Daly/both as a playing coach like Barnes and Stevens playing Kennedy's role?

speaking of Yarra, anybody read Sammy Keenan's week at a time in the BM today? if so, what did you think?

Best one so far.Others have been a wank.Wodonga's coach spoke of his perfect life and God-then acted like the devil the next weekend.

Best one so far.Others have been a wank.Wodonga's coach spoke of his perfect life and God-then acted like the devil the next weekend.

I second this, they have all been an absolute wank. But atleast Sam's had a few funny bits. But seriously who cares about what people do every minute of every day 7am I woke up. 8am Went to work. 12pm Lunch..... If it were famous sports stars I still wouldn't care let alone a few footballers, a netballer and a basketballer. Waste of paper space.

Well Bourkey....... you did ask !
Who are you doing next ? An umpire ? A week in the life of Kenny Wright, or one of those little Monopoly men.

I actually like them. Yesterday's was good and I thought Breda O'Kane's was good but Hollands and Payne were pretty crap. 'Not everybody reads every page of the paper so if you don't like them you don't have to read them.

I liked big keenans week ,funny he didn't take it to serious but at least he told us what it like to train out of melbourne, i dont think theyare going to win any awards, but i would like to hear about your lives boring boring boring and then get on big footy

I see after 14 seasons in the top job at Lavington, tim sanson has announced that he wont be going on next year, love him or hate him, he has been sensational for lavy an the o and m...

I see after 14 seasons in the top job at Lavington, tim sanson has announced that he wont be going on next year, love him or hate him, he has been sensational for lavy an the o and m...
Which club is the more promising for a new coach. Albury, with an aging but cashed up list or Lavi, with a younger list with more potential for improvement from it's younger players???

Can anyone in the O&M tell me what strip Benalla had back in the day??? I think 1996 was there last year in that comp? I see Myrtleford are the Saints, so was there two teams with saints colours?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

benalla were the demons off memory, and i think they wore predominatly red jumpers

they were the demons. that's why wodonga demons became raiders when they joined the OM.

heard that sanson told lavi it would be his last year back in feb.so I bet lavi have been looking hard for a coach.wouldn't be surpised if they have already signed one. with them doing so well it will make it alot easier to get a coach.:thumbsu:

I've been thinking long and hard since Monday's paper about who would take on the role at Lavi, and this is what I have come up with.
After reading talk back with Johno today, it seemed a little clearer.
I know for a fact Andrew Dess's (ex player) old man is in a partnership with Anthony Stevens, and through this link Lavington spoke with Corey Jones from Nth Melbourne, last year, and perhaps the year before. I know Corey went to his home club, but a gut feel tells me this is the man with Kangaroos connections and as Corey is a builder by trade, Lavi's major sponsor is a builder.

I will throw one at you from left field and it's not as far fetched as you may think
Kosi will retire from the AFL and will be back in town and will coach Lavi. My source at St Kilda when asked weather Kosi will retire said he would not be surprised.

I will throw one at you from left field and it's not as far fetched as you may think
Kosi will retire from the AFL and will be back in town and will coach Lavi. My source at St Kilda when asked weather Kosi will retire said he would not be surprised.

Word at the Hall of Fame last night was that they were flying to Adelaide today to speak to the prospective coach.

Kosi is very close with Stevo and a few of the other boys.

That would be Billy Neeley, hes looking to get back to border. Played at Lavi 2 years ago..
Must be short of cash is he?:rolleyes: I heard he wasn't that a popular bloke with many of the club's supporters/sponsors when basically he took the money and went home after their games, he'd probably feel more at home with Albury if thats the case.:D Might be getting a bit steep to pay him, Timber was rumoured to be the lowest paid coach in the league for the last 5-6 years.

Timba has been a great coach and leader at Lavy one of the best.

Talking about coaches Corey has done a good job at raiders with the kids he has this year.
Reading the last Talkback Tuesday with David Johnston there was a comment which I agree with made by Red N Blue... He said corey was a great coach, but needs to recylce Dad & Dave who sit in the box with him. I agree, he should have someone with some new Ideas to assist him in his job. A change would be good... Out with the OLD and in with someone with some new fresh ideas..

Must be short of cash is he?:rolleyes: I heard he wasn't that a popular bloke with many of the club's supporters/sponsors when basically he took the money and went home after their games, he'd probably feel more at home with Albury if thats the case.:D Might be getting a bit steep to pay him, Timber was rumoured to be the lowest paid coach in the league for the last 5-6 years.

Wasn't he traveling from Adelaide at weekends? Considering that its a 10 hour drive each way and at least 6 hours each way via plane/train - I can understand why he'd be so keen to get away after games.:eek:

Wasn't he traveling from Adelaide at weekends? Considering that its a 10 hour drive each way and at least 6 hours each way via plane/train - I can understand why he'd be so keen to get away after games.:eek:

Billy is a champ, would be good to see him in the Lavi colour again. Its just a pitty he lived so far away.

On another note, Corey Jone's name came up with in a few Lavi Boys over the weekend. He did play for Ballarat in the VFL when not playing for the Roos..

Remove this Banner Ad

O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back