Obscure TV shows you remember

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Lidsville ever shown here? It was a take off from HR Pufnstuf from the early 70s. It was mandatory watching on a Saturday morning in my college dorm common area.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

this one had its day and finished long before i was even born. but i remember seeing re-runs of it as a kid. the people who actually have seen it have fond memories but it's aged terribly.

I'm certain I saw this on channel 7 when I was 7-8

I remember their Thomas and the Tank Engine with the stuttering steam train being the first time I heard campaigner on live TV.

I called my dad a "fat c*nt-troller" for years after seeing Ernest the Engine lol

Does anyone else remember the quiz show 'The Rich List' which aired in the late 2000s and was hosted by Andrew O'Keefe?

On the show two contestants would work together to name various items on a list, for example Australian Prime Ministers, landlocked countries, American states or Kings and Queens of England, and the more they could name, the more money they could win.

I really liked the show and it ran several years. Sometimes though I would get frustrated and yell at my TV if contestants fell at the first hurdle or bombed out with stupid answers. I even thought about applying to be a contestant, but before I could it was cancelled and nobody seems to remember the show today.

Match Mates, a lame kids gameshow from the early 80’s with a theme tune I’ve never been able to get out of my head.

The host, David Waters, played a fruit loop homicidal prison officer in Prisoner who was beheaded by Cass Parker with a shovel (!).

I've had that theme as a earworm for about three days now and I'm not thanking you for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember some obscure failed Australian police dramas from years ago - like Young Lions from 2002 and The Strip from 2008 - but this one I don't remember at all.
Was from 2010 I believe. It was one of Kate Richie's first roles after her departure from Home and Away, so it received a bit of promotion at the time. But it tanked.

I've had that theme as a earworm for about three days now and I'm not thanking you for it.

Heh heh, I was hoping someone would play the clip. Why should I suffer alone?
Years from now I’ll be in a hospital bed, singing this over and over, and some kind nurse will be merciful enough to pull the plug.

Heh heh, I was hoping someone would play the clip. Why should I suffer alone?
Years from now I’ll be in a hospital bed, singing this over and over, and some kind nurse will be merciful enough to pull the plug.
That show for some reason and the 81 Ashes, I cried when I found out we'd lost at Headingly reminds me of my first winter in Adelaide and our first colour tele.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back