Racing October Daily Punt- A cup , A plate and trip up Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

Did LOL at these oddds

So basically a maiden with a 1.05 favourite. On the tote some guy puts around 5000 bucks on an outsider to place to drive up the place dividends of the favourite. Favourite paid 1.10 for the win and 3.70 for a place. 3rd paid 64.80 for a place snd 4.80 fixed

I’m very curious how this plays out online. I reckon the guy went too far and probably ended up with the online bêts being voided? Surely Sportsbet and co ain’t paying that out ?

The only way you can turn a profit out of that (potentially) is get on someone like a Sportsbet who pay the tote dividend as the bets placed through the corps don't directly have an impact on the tote pools, the problem here is that they only offer middle tote, he'd have got 1.00 the place.

It wouldn't have worked for him.

Did LOL at these oddds

So basically a maiden with a 1.05 favourite. On the tote some guy puts around 5000 bucks on an outsider to place to drive up the place dividends of the favourite. Favourite paid 1.10 for the win and 3.70 for a place. 3rd paid 64.80 for a place snd 4.80 fixed

I’m very curious how this plays out online. I reckon the guy went too far and probably ended up with the online bêts being voided? Surely Sportsbet and co ain’t paying that out ?
The 6 in this race is an absolute fence crasher, looks like the 8 was actually a really good bet for the place but got turned sideways at the first turn. Don't think they intended to manipulate the tote. But yeah damn if 2 guys do that on different totes then the payouts with other bookies on midi div becomes quite lucrative. Problem is with the races being so obscure it's very easy for the bookies to investigate and either ban or sue.

Scone R5, Sharp Shock; maybe just a watch? He's already eligible for The Big Dance having won the Coonamble Cup.

It's a very interesting training path Northam has gone for. 1600 back to 1100, there's been a bit of money around for him but none of it is mine. Perhaps a tick over run? He's also going to be carrying a bit of weight, if Richie Callandar goes missing in the pre-race just check the jockey room, he might be throwing the silks on.

Any interest in Saint George? Gets a dry track.

Bar Plates (Front) FIRST TIME, Bar Plates (Hind) FIRST TIME, Synthetic Hoof Filler FIRST TIME.

Has had feet trouble? If you're looking for excuses. Doesn't really make me want to dive in.

Could show up, who knows.

trying to find anything today, no luck so far, but apparently CUMBOOGLE is an actual name for a horse ...
Absolute shit house meeting tonight. Only bet i'm having is on The King Of Albury's horse in the last. If Craig gets her out of the machine she should lead all the way and piss in.

Moonee Valley Saturday

R2#6 Winnasedge: SP'd fave Grand Final day and probably wasn't suited staying at the 1000m. Got the job done up to 1100m next start. 1200m looks perfect this stage of the prep and fancy him at a nice price rather than Bosustow coming back in trip. Worked well Tuesday here.

R3#7 Certain Rise: Shit in last start after bumping into Lofty Arch on debut, form already franked. Has bundles of upside and options from draw.

R6#4 Politely Dun: little concerned his is deep first prep, but has already ticked the 2000m box which is massive for me. Bred in the purple. Will be saving on #7 Opening Address. Another that worked well here Tuesday. Didn't have a whole lot of luck last start and was only 3.5 off Statuatrio on debut, that horse finished close up at Caulfield last Wednesday behind Treasurethemoment.

R7#5 I Am Unstoppable. I'm ignoring first up, looks shit on paper, but top weight, 1000m not grand final day. This horse is an entire and no doubt in my mind Maher had this race and possibly the Champions Sprint in mind. Has options from draw, looks a nice price. #8 Baraqiel the danger for me and will be saving. Smashed War Machine fresh and handles MV very well Doesn't have to lead, but expect he'll be in the firing line somewhere. Happy to pot the fave there. had every chance last start and cannot see it leading here with Celui drawn 2. it goes real quick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ciaron Maher

In Love Hearts GIF by The Valentines

Moonee Valley Cup winners record in the Melbourne Cup: 88 starters for 4 wins:

Kingston Rule - 1990
Wodalla - 1953
Blue Spec - 1905
Clean Sweep - 1900

It’s not the winner of the MV Gold Cup you need to look for. It’s the placegetters. Especially whoever comes 4th….

Melbourne Cup winners to contest the MV Cup:

Prince of Penzance (2nd, 2015)
Brew (2nd, 2000)
Kingston Rule (1st, 1990)
Tawrrific (3rd, 1989)
What a Nuisance (4th, 1985)
Beldale Ball (4th, 1980)
Think Big (8th, 1974)
Piping Lane (3rd, 1972)
Polo Prince (4th, 1964)
Gatum Gatum (4th, 1963)
Hi Jinx (2nd, 1960)
Baystone (4th, 1958)
Wodalla (1st, 1953)
Rainbird (5th, 1945)
Colonus (12th, 1942)
Rivette (3rd,1939)
Backwood (6th, 1924)
Blue Spec (1st, 1905)
Clean Sweep (1st,1900)

Horses in bold did the Moonee Valley Cup / Melbourne Cup double.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing October Daily Punt- A cup , A plate and trip up Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back