Coach Off Season changes 2024/25

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if there's any chance of talking Stevie Johnson to come over for a stint of ass coaching. Currently coaching for a second successive premiership with Yarrawonga, 10 years since their last one.

Joel Corey might be able to start the ball rolling.

Wouldn't say no. I don't mind Simpson though

I wonder if there's any chance of talking Stevie Johnson to come over for a stint of ass coaching. Currently coaching for a second successive premiership with Yarrawonga, 10 years since their last one.

Don’t mind it. Why’s he not in the AFL system currently is my only question.

Wouldn't say no. I don't mind Simpson though
I thought Simpson was being considered more for the type of role Bob Murphy filled. Simpson towards the end there became quite an advocate for player support when it came to dealing with social media and the like.

I really doubt he would move into an assistant coaching role.

Don’t mind it. Why’s he not in the AFL system currently is my only question.
I think Covid cutbacks would be at least some of the reason. Coaching his own team is good grounding too, even if in a rural league. Sometimes could even pay as much if not more as an AFL assistant coach role.

Alllllll I'm gonna say about that is - user name checks out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Off Season changes 2024/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back