Official 2012 NMFC Membership Tally Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 2012 NMFC Membership Tally

Nothing sinister, but for our own clubs morale, it would be bloody excellent to go past a melbourne based club. Will be an interesting little sub plot this year.

Nothing sinister, but for our own clubs morale, it would be bloody excellent to go past a melbourne based club. Will be an interesting little sub plot this year.

It is actually only in the last few years the Dogs have got ahead of us in the membership stakes. They are traditionally the smallest club (in every way).

As they enter a decline and we're on the up, we should pass them again.

It is actually only in the last few years the Dogs have got ahead of us in the membership stakes. They are traditionally the smallest club (in every way).

I do agree with you, after a period of such lofty heights as the bulldogs, plus the removal of draw cards like Akka, BJ and Hall, and the fact said heights went largely unrewarded, that there will infact be a small decline in memberships for the dogs. But lets not kid ourselves, they have cast the net far and wide in the west, and seem to have a few programs in place to ensure a long term positive shift in memberships out there.

I feel we're still a fair way off gaining a substantial improvement in Melbourne numbers over them, or anyone else at this stage. I am also unsure of the idea of continually playing doggies at Ballarat in the NAB. And am not 100% sold that should an AFL ground get built, that they won't be muscling in on us out there. I can't see how 'North' Melbourne will gain a greater foothold than the so called 'Western' Bulldogs, who's marketing strategy is solely focused on all things west of melbourne. While the perception of ours remains largely that of the wandering Kangaroo.

Apart from sustained onfield success, which is nigh on impossible, how exactly is our long term future assured out there, while their's isn't?

I do agree with you, after a period of such lofty heights as the bulldogs, plus the removal of draw cards like Akka, BJ and Hall, and the fact said heights went largely unrewarded, that there will infact be a small decline in memberships for the dogs. But lets not kid ourselves, they have cast the net far and wide in the west, and seem to have a few programs in place to ensure a long term positive shift in memberships out there.

I feel we're still a fair way off gaining a substantial improvement in Melbourne numbers over them, or anyone else at this stage. I am also unsure of the idea of continually playing doggies at Ballarat in the NAB. And am not 100% sold that should an AFL ground get built, that they won't be muscling in on us out there. I can't see how 'North' Melbourne will gain a greater foothold than the so called 'Western' Bulldogs, who's marketing strategy is solely focused on all things west of melbourne. While the perception of ours remains largely that of the wandering Kangaroo.

Apart from sustained onfield success, which is nigh on impossible, how exactly is our long term future assured out there, while their's isn't?

Regarding Ballarat, i believe we have a heads of agreement with the council to be the main team of the ground.

Agree and have thought as much every time I read a BF post or media article ripping North out of existence or relocating NMFC at every opportunity.

Bulldogs passed 30K after two prelims, several years of finals, a brownlow, top draft picks, top scheduling and getting Barry Hall.

NMFC is the football equivalent of Michael Clarke.

Agree and have thought as much every time I read a BF post or media article ripping North out of existence or relocating NMFC at every opportunity.

Bulldogs passed 30K after two prelims, several years of finals, a brownlow, top draft picks, top scheduling and getting Barry Hall.

NMFC is the football equivalent of Michael Clarke.

I eagerly await us leading the other sides, and subsequent triple premiership. :thumbsu:

Bulldogs passed 30K after two prelims, several years of finals, a brownlow, top draft picks, top scheduling

Here is a truer indicator.

1998 was the last season both clubs finished top 4.

North membership: 20, 196
WB membership: 20, 064

How did the clubs follow up?

North membership: 22, 156
WB membership: 20, 491

In 2004 the WB membership dipped under 20,000. Our membership has never dipped under 20,000 since it reached that figure.

..........and getting Barry Hall.

A trade they claimed was worth a million dollars for the club. I wonder where they'll be finding that million now?

Here is a truer indicator.

A trade they claimed was worth a million dollars for the club. I wonder where they'll be finding that million now?

Dogs are really a barometer of where we are at and how much danger we are in from the AFL.

As for the million they did record a net profit of $877K including Whitten Oval Receipts of $755K to 31/10/2011.

Slightly off topic but our members/supporters are at 311K for debt reduction so while I do not expect a Melbourne like demolition I do hope to see us pass $755K by 31/10/2012.

I recieved my members package (cap and scarf, etc.)
It says the membership card won't be mailed out until February.
I didn't reserve seating (going alone) so hopefully i'll still get a decent seat.

I recieved my members package (cap and scarf, etc.)
It says the membership card won't be mailed out until February.
I didn't reserve seating (going alone) so hopefully i'll still get a decent seat.

I thought all membership extras like caps etc had to pick up at a merchandise tent during the NAB cup or at Aegis Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought all membership extras like caps etc had to pick up at a merchandise tent during the NAB cup or at Aegis Park.

I'm not to sure, mine arrived in the mail this morning.
However i'm a tassie member so maybe it's a different process?

Just got my pack in the mail. (live in Tassie)

Got Spitta on my card, prefer the Hat from last year but this ones still not too shabby.

Not a bad little pack.

LANYARDDDDDD! They put a decentish one in the pack, not those ones that break in 3 weeks, happy with that.

I'm not to sure, mine arrived in the mail this morning.
However i'm a tassie member so maybe it's a different process?

Interstate members and country members are sent their extras in mail packs. The club doesnt expect those living outside melbourne to travel to melbourne for their extras.

Just got my pack in the mail. (live in Tassie)

Got Spitta on my card, prefer the Hat from last year but this ones still not too shabby.

Not a bad little pack.

LANYARDDDDDD! They put a decentish one in the pack, not those ones that break in 3 weeks, happy with that.

I assume you reserved seating, did you get good seats?
I really like the cap and scarfe :thumbsu:

I assume you reserved seating, did you get good seats?
I really like the cap and scarfe :thumbsu:

Nah didnt reserve seating, will next year though. Am going with a non-north supporter to games this year so wanted to sit with him.

Interstate members and country members are sent their extras in mail packs. The club doesnt expect those living outside melbourne to travel to melbourne for their extras.

Not so. I live in the country and received my membership card but still have to travel to a game to pick up my hat, etc.

17,035 as at 6/1/12

Over 2000 up on this time last year is a very good place to be. Hopefully it is an indication of an increase in new memberships across the board and not just a reflection of an increase in Troo Roos.

I suspect that Melbourne based membership will stay relatively stable until we start playing finals footy and that any increase in 2012 will come from Tassie membership numbers. With that in mind 34k this year would be a strong start to the next phase of the clubs development. Play finals in 2012 off the back of strong performances and 36-37k in 2013 is feasible.

Got my interstate pack in the mail Friday.
Stickers are great this year & I love the little calendar with the members name put in (banner in the crowd, Brad Scott's white board, sky writing). My brother is a Freo supporter, who also lives in Adelaide & he was very jealous of our membership packs in comparison to theirs.

Got our membership packs last Friday but what are the little calendars that marklovesbeer is talking about? We didn't get any of those. I'm not worried about it, just wondering what they are.

Where are the bulldogs at? It'd be nice to be up around 18, 18.5, or 19 by end of month.

We are on 17,035

They are on 18,703.

I believe the trend is that they slow down fairly dramatically from here on where we have a good bump in February. I reckon we'll get them easy.

(In other news, we are on 4 flags, including three won in the era of colour television. They have one that is the subject of a detailed tapestry that now hangs in the Louvre.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back