Official 2012 Trade Period Discussion (#2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin D'Cops

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2011
Nov 24, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Old thread is here.

Last few posts in the old thread were:
Hard to say? Delaney can only play on gorillas but is very effective on them any other type of forward he is useless as **** on a bull and you don't want the ball in his hands.

If Brown is beter than that, go Brown. Hardly seen Brown play lately to make the comparison.
HS reckons Dogs will give a first and second rounder for Dawes! :eek:

What would Geelong want for Motlop?

What would Geelong want for Motlop?
probably more than you would ever want to pay. Highly rated at the club with big future.

If you threw a ridiculous offer - 3x round 1 picks - then of course we would listen - but in reality where the unicorns are a bit more scarce, i'd say would never happen. Plus he is contracted. Way too much like hard work.

GO Catters.

NOT FOR SALE!

Does anyone have any idea what the GWS are planning to do with Jed Anderson ??? Will they keep him or try on-trading him for a draft pick improvement ??? If it is the latter then would we be a chance of going

#11 for Anderson + #13 ??? The GWS don't have any other picks in the 2nd or 3rd rd's ATM, so we could throw in a player such as Curnow/Ellard if they wanted a sweetener.

They have done similar trades in the past, such as Morris + #15 for #14 and Milera + Saad + #25 for #20. I just don't know if a 2 spot upgrade, in the early teens, would be enough to get Anderson

Knightmares write up
GWS - NT Zone:
Jed Anderson (NT – Mid/Util)
Height: 178cm, Weight: 75kg, DOB: 16/02/1994
Recruited from: Darwin
Style:
Player comparison: Toby Greene
Range: 10-35 (GWS can sign through zone selection – likely)
Profile: Anderson is a really high level contested ball winner. Absolute bull with his attack on the ball. During the 2011 U18 Champs was the best from NT and really displayed his talent as a bottom age player and backed it up with another standout effort in 2012. Has some versatility to play through the midfield, up forward or down back. Skill level very good and decision making in congestion in particular stands out. Quickness is above average but what athletically stands out with Anderson is his evasiveness and side step which has impressed. Also like his strong marking ability forward of centre which has impressed with his nice leap and ability to mark the ball in the air, 1v1 and also take a strong contested grab which at his size is impressive. Looks likely to go to GWS through a Zone Selection you’d think.
Why:​

It would mean we only take x2 kids in the draft (unless if we can free up a spot) but he would prob be better than any 3rd rd kid available.

I'm expecting they'll keep Anderson unless they can upgrade 13 (probably to be 14 after the Goddard compo) to something in the single digits, i.e. 5 through 9. It depends how highly they rate him internally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Dogs give up what's been speculated for Dawes it'll be pretty funny

Collingwood are doing very well.

Sold Wellingham for overs and could replace him for free with Young.

If rumours are true they could sell Dawes for massive overs and they have already replaced him for free with Lynch.

Lucky Pies. :thumbsdown: :(:mad:

Looks like it's a 3 team race for Dawes (Carlton, Melbourne, Bulldogs) - his preference is Carlton but they've got the least to offer, reckon he'll go to either Melbourne or the Dogs today

coryne From what I understand, as of the beginning of this week, GWS had not spoken to Anderson for quite a period of time.

While I imagine they plan on keeping him, they would be open to the idea of trading him. I really hope the Suns can get him still, somehow. Seems unlikely though.

Would happily upgrade one of their picks (12 or 13) to 9 for Anderson. Doubt they want to deal with us though. :(
Yep I agree. I would gladly take a trade of pick 9 for Anderson and pick 12.

In the end it would be Vlastuin & Anderson for pick 9.

Yeah but a bloke with a stuffed up back, will only make things worse!

Melb will only go after Gumbleton if they cant get Dawes, As we need another Key forward.

Im sure if u had to put up with playing Rance at FF and Grimes at CHF for half the year like Melb did with Garland and Rivers, Gumbleton even with all his inj would be upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back