Official 2012 Trade Period Discussion (#2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Tippett deal certainly isn't "holding everything else up for the week", in fact pretty much every rumoured trade has already happened before the end of the 2nd week.

Well the signing of the contract is confirmed and Cats will announce details of the trade within an hour, after reaching agreement today.
whatever

Well aren't you a positive, fun sole.
Whatever.............

That is your opinion. Two year deal, 28 year old, not v large coin (I think < $350k was reported).
That'll be not dissimilar to what Byrnes conned out of the Dees

28 years old is young under free agency. You do realise that if you are under 26 you can't even be a free agent, right?

Rivers and Moloney are both significantly better than Byrnes, and although Moloney had a down year he is still a decent player. I'd say 2nd round and 3rd round would be what they get.

28 years old is young under free agency. You do realise that if you are under 26 you can't even be a free agent, right?

Rivers and Moloney are both significantly better than Byrnes, and although Moloney had a down year he is still a decent player. I'd say 2nd round and 3rd round would be what they get.
At the most.
But contract length and remuneration are very important when assessing value. So the Byrnes contract will be roughly = Rivers.

At the most.
But contract length and remuneration are very important when assessing value. So the Byrnes contract will be roughly = Rivers.

Rivers is probably the best free agent out of this period aside from Goddard, probably him or Pearce. Surely his 5th position and 2nd position in the BnF awards would have some bearing compared to Byrnes 2 games this year. Sure, they may be on similar coin, but the AFL would have to look into it a little more than just money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rivers is probably the best free agent out of this period aside from Goddard, probably him or Pearce. Surely his 5th position and 2nd position in the BnF awards would have some bearing compared to Byrnes 2 games this year. Sure, they may be on similar coin, but the AFL would have to look into it a little more than just money.
You'd think so, yes. But as we saw with Scully, the contract sum is very important when determining compo, and these compo picks won't be anywhere near as generous.
Just saying.

You'd think so, yes. But as we saw with Scully, the contract sum is very important when determining compo, and these compo picks won't be anywhere near as generous.
Just saying.

Trust me, as a St Kilda fan I know these compo picks are no where near as generous, but these are probably Melbourne's best 2 players from 2011, a 2nd and 3rd round is not exactly generous.

The quality of the player has nothing to do with the compensation according to the afl website.
Compo.JPG
IMO Rivers and Byrnes will most likely cancel each other out, while Moloney will gain Melbourne a second round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back