Mega Thread Official 2012 Trade period discussion thread - 8th-26th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I question whether he'll make it at any club
He'll be right, not a good fit at the Dees. Our player management remains a joke - as it is when you have the likes of Neeld and Craig looking after them.

Love Brisbane not thinking Martin is worth 33; as long as we don't fall for it.

He'll be right, not a good fit at the Dees. Our player management remains a joke - as it is when you have the likes of Neeld and Craig looking after them.

Love Brisbane not thinking Martin is worth 33; as long as we don't fall for it.

They don't think it because he's not

Would be high way robbery if we got 33 for Martin IMO

What good signs were these? When he fluffed that kick against Collingwood? Or generally went missing when it counted?
He makes stupid mistakes like that, and the one against Richmond last year - but he did average over 16 touches in 9 games this year.

If Martin for 33 is highway robbery, than Dawes for 20 is a bank heist.

And Tom Hickey for pick 13 is.......knocking off Fort Knox?
Something like that.

My point is that Martin has proven his worth as a tall who can play KPB, KPF and in the Ruck over the journey so far. He's athletic and can take a really good grab. He's worth far more to us than tap and hope Jamar.

I don't get this. He's a skilled young ruckman/forward who will only get better with age, most players around the pick 33 mark over the past few years would be around the same quality of Martin. People seriously overrate draft picks.

Something like that.

My point is that Martin has proven his worth as a tall who can play KPB, KPF and in the Ruck over the journey so far. He's athletic and can take a really good grab. He's worth far more to us than tap and hope Jamar.

I'm not going to get into the Martin's worth debate again, but you are severely overrating him

I know the FD doesn't agree with your assessment

West Coast wants to secure Melbourne wingman Cale Morton

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/wes...gman-cale-morton/story-e6frf9io-1226502678376
Crazy_7774d2_321395.gif
high-5.jpg

I don't get this. He's a skilled young ruckman/forward who will only get better with age, most players around the pick 33 mark over the past few years would be around the same quality of Martin. People seriously overrate draft picks.

The flip side people seriously overrate certain players

I'm not looking at it for the draft pick, I'm looking at it for the potential on trade

The flip side people seriously overrate certain players

I'm not looking at it for the draft pick, I'm looking at it for the potential on trade

the currency of the pick is only worth the players that would be available for said pick in the draft.

No it's the player that can be drafted from that pick. The player you trade for is an exchange for the player in the draft you have to weigh up whether the player you are trading will be worth the player you would get from the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it's the player that can be drafted from that pick. The player you trade for is an exchange for the player in the draft you have to weigh up whether the player you are trading will be worth the player you would get from the draft.

Well that's just debating semantics.

Net result for us is Martin for whoever we land in a trade as far as I'm concerned

I think Neeld has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to go to the draft (Pick 4 the exception)

Well that's just debating semantics.

Net result for us is Martin for whoever we land in a trade as far as I'm concerned

I think Neeld has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to go to the draft (Pick 4 the exception)

Fair enough. I'm just saying that if we got 33 all we have to trade is the player that can be drafted from that pick. I've found some people find it hard to make that connection. Especially on Big footy.

Fair enough. I'm just saying that if we got 33 all we have to trade is the player that can be drafted from that pick. I've found some people find it hard to make that connection. Especially on Big footy.

Essentially what you say is correct, but they have currency in trade and are often traded multiple times

It needs to be looked at in isolation - what i bought to each club who had the pick

Hypothetical example

Lions give Melbourne 33 for Martin - Pick 33 gave the Lions Martin
Melbourne trade 33 to North for Pedersen - Pick 33 gave us Pedersen
North trade 33 to Port for Jacobs - Pick 33 gave North Jacobs

Port utilise pick 33 in the draft

*Purely hypothetical the above

When a club trades a player for a pick with the view to ontrading that pick, the currency landscape changes slightly, especially if that club is then going to ontrade it again

Essentially what you say is correct, but they have currency in trade and are often traded multiple times

It needs to be looked at in isolation - what i bought to each club who had the pick

Hypothetical example

Lions give Melbourne 33 for Martin - Pick 33 gave the Lions Martin
Melbourne trade 33 to North for Pedersen - Pick 33 gave us Pedersen
North trade 33 to Port for Jacobs - Pick 33 gave North Jacobs

Port utilise pick 33 in the draft

*Purely hypothetical the above

When a club trades a player for a pick with the view to ontrading that pick, the currency landscape changes slightly, especially if that club is then going to ontrade it again

Of course they have currency in the trade but their currency is only worth the player that could be available to that pick.

PLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

WEST COAST

TAKE HIM. I AM BACK ON BOARD THE NEELD TRAIN IF HE MANAGES TO GET RID OF!

Then yeah, makes fk all sense
Martin probably looked at Neeld funny during training, or sat at the wrong desk in his office or whatever gets talented players sacked and keeps battlers around these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back