Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm he doesn't rate prestia and rates Hayden young over Cumming. Also doesn't rate kangaroos Young. Anyone else notice anything of value from a quick skim over? He also doesn't rate gaff🤔

Hmm he doesn't rate prestia and rates Hayden young over Cumming. Also doesn't rate kangaroos Young. Anyone else notice anything of value from a quick skim over? He also doesn't rate gaff🤔

I can understand those sentiments but surprised by the Gaff info. Would’ve thought reduced rotations would bring him into calculations a little more as being a value premium.

Seems most of the Bigfooty hype players he touches on seem value this year so good to know we’re all on the right track. A few of note that haven’t been touched on a great deal in here;
Witherden
Duggan - watch and see for his mid role
Luke Ryan
Docherty
Stewart
Sholl
Rozee / Butters

Like Young
Wasn’t keen on Bailey for now at least
Young should be value this year. Defence is absolutely loaded.

I can understand those sentiments but surprised by the Gaff info. Would’ve thought reduced rotations would bring him into calculations a little more as being a value premium.

Seems most of the Bigfooty hype players he touches on seem value this year so good to know we’re all on the right track. A few of note that haven’t been touched on a great deal in here;
Witherden
Duggan - watch and see for his mid role
Luke Ryan
Docherty
Stewart
Sholl
Rozee / Butters

Young should be value this year. Defence is absolutely loaded.
Duggans midfield role and witherden go hand in hand I reckon. If yeo misses the first month or so dugs will play in the middle and witherden will be best 22

Sounds like he also rates daniher over jezza

Duggans midfield role and witherden go hand in hand I reckon. If yeo misses the first month or so dugs will play in the middle and witherden will be best 22
Hoping Duggan keeps a mid role even when Yeo comes back. Definitely a watch but probably too risky a pick. Witherden the safer option if he lines up round 1

I found the part about cunnington nearly being too cheap to refuse interesting too

I found the part about cunnington nearly being too cheap to refuse interesting too
At the moment I’ve got him because he should be able to produce 90+ numbers at that price but back injuries are always something to worry about

At the moment I’ve got him because he should be able to produce 90+ numbers at that price but back injuries are always something to worry about
Yeab definitely been considering... flawless pre season is needed to sway me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too keen on Gaff myself either. Whilst the reduced interchange definitely benefits him I did notice last year Eagles seemed hell bent for whatever reason on not hitting him up when working into space. Also like always prone to a tag, as an owner the games he received some attention for scores of 66, 52, 51, 44 were extremely hard to watch.

Not too keen on Gaff myself either. Whilst the reduced interchange definitely benefits him I did notice last year Eagles seemed hell bent for whatever reason on not hitting him up when working into space. Also like always prone to a tag, as an owner the games he received some attention for scores of 66, 52, 51, 44 were extremely hard to watch.
Tagging Shuey from 22 touches down to 12 (or Yeo) is far more damaging than shutting Gaff down.
Not that Gaffs touches aren't a very useful link, but they're not the team lifting, grab the game by the balls type touches that Shuey & Yeo get.
Take note taggers, leave Gaff alone.
(I have Gaff M2) :)

Flyin Ryan just got better & better last year. Wonder if we'll see a few stints through the middle with Duggan/Ryan/Yeo/Shuey...
Nice dynamic.

2020 we started to see midfields going head to head and the tagger shutting down the seagull half backs we all love in our fantasy sides. Showing how much drive is generated off half back through accumulators / good ball users.

You know what you’re going to get from Gaff. Including finals he went 14/18 100+, that’s elite. Durable as hell. Sign me up for 22 games and a 108-112. As safe a midfield premium as you can get. Not an exciting pick perhaps, but you’ll get what you pay for . Other than those tagged games last season, don’t think he dropped below 80 in the two seasons prior

Been thinking more and more lately about my M6 between Cunnington, Hately, T Green and Heppell.

I've got them as;

Cunnington 87
Heppell 85
Hately 80
Tom Green 80 ????

Want to see confirmation of Heppell's position (and fitness) but Cunnington seems like the best option. Could be an easy way to get to Brad Crouch after his suspension. Tom Green could be anything, depending on his tank and role. Big watch for me.

omg not this again
Me: 'Horse is a liar, anyone who believes anything he says is stupid. He is where fantasy prospects go to die.'

Horse: 'Yeah Mills will probably play more midfield time.'

Also me: download.jpg

Maybe a glitch and short lived?
Would suggest paying anyway for the charity donation :)
In previous years, wasn't it 100% of the proceeds going to Starlight? This year it said only $5.

Not knocking Selby or anything; still a very charitable thing to do and he has done so for many years. Just was a bit surprised to see it lowered. Maybe I'm mistaken and it was always $5?

Last edited:
In previous years, wasn't it 100% of the proceeds going to Starlight? This year it said only $5.

Not knocking Selby or anything; still a very super charitable thing to do and he has done so for many years. Just was a bit surprised to see it lowered. Maybe I'm mistaken and it was always $5?

Good point. Definitely donate to Starlight nonetheless !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back