Preview Official: 2nd Elimination Final: Richmond vs North Melbourne, Sunday 13 September 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw that we've named this juggernaut on the extended bench.

MORRIS%20Steven.png

Don't even bother turning up, North fans.
Serious question Who is that?

The final 3 outs will be: Mullet, Nahas, and McDonald
Captain Obvious, I know.
I don't know, I think Nahas might make the cut, he was pretty good last week. From the bench Mullet and McDonald for sure maybe Basti if Thomas doesn't get up. TBH I thought Garner would be out for Thomas, where's that late change market??

• 3 Ryan Bastinac
  • 6 Lachlan Hansen
  • 12 Lindsay Thomas
  • 21 Luke McDonald
  • 28 Robin Nahas
  • 41 Aaron Mullett
  • 43 Sam Gibson

In my opinion, both sides are under equal amounts of pressure. Its an EF and in the case of the Tigers they haven't won a final since 2001.

Both coaches 6 years in going into the last year of their contract.

If DH loses, 0 out of 3 from finals with 70k members after blood. Younger list.

If BS loses, 2 from 5 in finals and 40k members wanting change. Older list.

I don't know, I think Nahas might make the cut, he was pretty good last week. From the bench Mullet and McDonald for sure maybe Basti if Thomas doesn't get up. TBH I thought Garner would be out for Thomas, where's that late change market??

• 3 Ryan Bastinac
  • 6 Lachlan Hansen
  • 12 Lindsay Thomas
  • 21 Luke McDonald
  • 28 Robin Nahas
  • 41 Aaron Mullett
  • 43 Sam Gibson
We know Gibson will play, Hansen showed enough last week what he can do. Basty will be the sub, a proven sub at that. Lindsay is a match winner in his own right, and will replace Nahas in a goal kicking/ tackling pressure role. Leaves McDonald and Mullet to miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former Richmond star Nathan Brown says North Melbourne should target Tyrone Vickery in Sunday's elimination final against the Tigers.

Brown said on Sports Today the big forward was crucial to Richmond's chances of getting the finals monkey off the back, but was still prone to taking his eye off the ball when ruffled.

"I think he (Vickery) is the glue up there at the moment," Brown explained on 3AW.

"Jack Riewoldt is playing great football and has really matured but Tyrone Vickery is the key to that forward line at the moment.

"If they can get under his guard… He can take his focus off.

"If I was the Kangaroos, I'd certainly be getting into Vickery."

We know Gibson will play, Hansen showed enough last week what he can do. Basty will be the sub, a proven sub at that. Lindsay is a match winner in his own right, and will replace Nahas in a goal kicking/ tackling pressure role. Leaves McDonald and Mullet to miss.

He did but he also leaked a few goals directly from him dropping his marks. I reckon they will be targeting Lachie if he plays.

Glad they have been cautious with Sugar, but so disappointed for him - did everything last week he needed to do, except survive the game uninjured.

LT back if he is fit makes sense - was great last year's first two finals and is one of our genuine match-winners. I don't see Mullett as best 22 at the moment, although he may be a handy emergency, and unfortunately Luke isn't back to best 22 form either (although, like Turner, I reckon he'd be a better player in the seniors than in the VFL), so I would also got with omitting those two and swapping Nahas for LT.

Former Richmond star Nathan Brown says North Melbourne should target Tyrone Vickery in Sunday's elimination final against the Tigers.

Brown said on Sports Today the big forward was crucial to Richmond's chances of getting the finals monkey off the back, but was still prone to taking his eye off the ball when ruffled.

"I think he (Vickery) is the glue up there at the moment," Brown explained on 3AW.

"Jack Riewoldt is playing great football and has really matured but Tyrone Vickery is the key to that forward line at the moment.

"If they can get under his guard… He can take his focus off.

"If I was the Kangaroos, I'd certainly be getting into Vickery."

His last 3 games vs NM were 0.2, 1.1, 3.1. Not expecting much from him with our experienced backline.

Last edited:
My tip is Waite to have a big one.

If he does and helps us over the line, massive justification for his recruitment.

I think he's already been a success.

Played 20 games in his opening season, kicked 35 goals and ranked Top 20 in the AFL for contested marks (11th), marks inside 50 (15th), and goal assists (20th). He's also done this in a side that plays three key forwards.

I've personally been stoked with his output, but yes a big final from him would be emphatic.

I think he's already been a success.

Played 20 games in his opening season, kicked 35 goals and ranked Top 20 in the AFL for contested marks (11th), marks inside 50 (15th), and goal assists (20th). He's also done this in a side that plays three key forwards.

I've personally been stoked with his output, but yes a big final from him would be emphatic.
Agree. Didn't mean to imply that he hasn't been a success to this point.

I'll admit, probably pulled the trigger too early in the season and claimed he was a waste of space.

Happy to eat my words now after his second half if the season.

Its probably a reminder that it takes a bit if time to settle in after changing clubs. To be fair we do play very different style to the blues.
Since the gold coast game Waite has been very very good. Seems to have clicked for him.

May it continue now that the real stuff starts.

my number one concern is, knowing Hardwick to be the dog he was as a player the only reason he is thinking of playing Conca, is to slap Goldie in the face and put him off his game;), or king hit some bloke as he is running to the bench.:mad:
Most stupid post of the day idiotic to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back