Official Cameron White Thread

Is this inclusion of Cameron White in the One Day team a good or bad thing?

• good

Votes: 146 71.6%
  • bad

Votes: 58 28.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Good to see White get a fair go...Not!

YOTC said:
How many balls does Kumble send down the leg side?

Hogg is now a great spin bowler, always taking wickets, rarely conceeding 50 runs, a great flipper and wrong un.

In England he avgd 17.90 with the ball, and his worst bowling perfomance was 1/52

In NZL he didnt do so well, avg of 47, but in Australia he averaged 23.46 and was dropped for a couple of games (one after taking 3/45).

If any of you think White is an Improvement on Hogg in the bowling department, you are flipping nuts. Oh yeah, Hogg also avg 30.00 with the bat in Aus.

In Hogg's last 35 matches he has averaged 24.88 with the ball taking 50 wickets and 25.54 with the bat.

Not Bad for someone who bats down at no.8.
You have to admire the way Hogg plays, always gives 100% and is a great team man. But it's unwise to compare Hogg and White when one is 34 and the other 22. Both have many similarities. They started out as batsmen and developed their spinners as they established themselves in their teams.

I'm sure if you look at George's early career stats they probably wouldn't be too flash (even if you made allowance for the fact he bowled on Perth pitches). White, at 22, has the potential to be both a better batsman and yes, as hard as it is to believe now, bowler, than Hogg.

Still, Hogg is unfairly maligned. I remember in a game last season where there was talk of Hogg being dropped for White because of his shocking domestic season (where he averaged about 60), then he came out the next match and picked up 5/32. He is certainly underrated, but you need to allow for the fact that if you wrote off Hogg at 22, he wouldn't be in the position he is now.

White is sh*te

I think it was Tubby Taylor who said "White would be a good leg spinner if he had a leg break." I dont see this bloke as the future of Aus cricket and if he is we are in trouble.

Bomber Bears said:
White is sh*te

I think it was Tubby Taylor who said "White would be a good leg spinner if he had a leg break." I dont see this bloke as the future of Aus cricket and if he is we are in trouble.

true that he is crap and shouldnt be even considered for a game

apollo_creed said:
A one length bowler.

No weapons.

B-Grade.

Sorry MVFC but if you think he looked good then you probably go weak at the knees for 2/10 chicks.

yeh agree.. half the time down leg side... gilchrist had a ******** of a time getting it there all the time

Re: Ponting & Craig White

White wont bowl, they will be all out in a minute, Afridi will either make runs or go out 2nd ball, doesnt leave much more.

why bother playing him? give him a go for gods sake! 3 overs for 22 runs in 3 matches, whats the point playing him then?
bring hopes and white on now, we've got the match. stop bowlin lee and watson.

Im sorry but man management is atrocious for a guy to play three games and not get a bowl.

Ponting has alot to answer for.

If I was White I would be livid.

The Fonz said:
Im sorry but man management is atrocious for a guy to play three games and not get a bowl.

Ponting has alot to answer for.

If I was White I would be livid.

Well, the match results speak for themselves- but agreed- if you're going to have him in the team and can play him, why not put him on? Nobody in any position of authority will question Ponting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 - 0 boys, didnt need white he should be happy he got a game !!
take your medal and be happy

A disgrace. Stuart Clark comes on and gets 2 cheap wickets with crap bowling to improve the NSWelshman's average, but a developing bowler in Cameron White doesn't get a bowl.

As a bowler, White needs all the help he can get, and he needs to get some cheap wickets at international level.

I think he should have gotten more of the ball considering we were clear winners.

johnnyhoward said:
A disgrace. Stuart Clark comes on and gets 2 cheap wickets with crap bowling to improve the NSWelshman's average, but a developing bowler in Cameron White doesn't get a bowl.

As a bowler, White needs all the help he can get, and he needs to get some cheap wickets at international level.

Watching him bowl in that second match made me wonder if he was even going to keep making it to the other end of the pitch - couldn't see him picking up those cheap wickets, unfortunately.

GoSydneySwans said:
Watching him bowl in that second match made me wonder if he was even going to keep making it to the other end of the pitch - couldn't see him picking up those cheap wickets, unfortunately.
He had Flintoff plumb and it wasnt given out, he wasnt going for "cheap" wickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back