Official Channel 9 complaints thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: How bad Channel 9's efforts were today

At least Chappell doesn't suck up to the incumbent Aussie cricketers and selectors.

Lawry > Grieg > Nicholas > Chappell > Benaud > (Smith/Holding/whoever the flyin is) > Taylor > > > > > Slater > Healy

At least Chappell doesn't suck up to the incumbent Aussie cricketers and selectors.

Lawry > Grieg > Nicholas > Chappell > Benaud > (Smith/Holding/whoever the flyin is) > Taylor > > > > > Slater > Healy

Lawry >>> Chappell Benaud Smith > Taylor Grieg >>> Nicholas Slater Healy

Lawry: Makes the game exciting, although can be biased and overly excited for australia, still gives due credit to the opposition. Always something is happening when on. Great to listen to.

Chappell: I think he often makes a lot of very good points, good knowledge of the game even if he can rabble a little.
Benaud: Still one of the classic voices of the game.
Smith: Some balance thank god.

Taylor: Does ok
Grieg: States the obvious, and can often get things horribly wrong. But his voice again has a long association with the cricket summer and still fits.

Nicholas: Awful. He just get out of bed with his hair? Random cliche comments, embarrassing.
Slater: Awful. Don't like his voice. Tries too hard, especially when something happens.
Healy: Awful. Don't like his voice. Tries too hard. Biased.

Nicholas started off pretty well and I thought he could be a good replacement for Benaud. Now he's just as jingoistic as the rest of them (does he even go back and commentate in England any more?).

I thought the problem was radio was 2-3 seconds behind the TV coverage. Good to hear this isn't the case.

It's ahead, which can be quite handy. I had the TV on with the radio commentary going today, and was doing stuff on the computer while the game was on (reading BigFooty mainly!)

If something interesting happens you hear it on the radio commentary, then have time to turn and look at the TV just as the bowler runs in!

I heard in SEN today that C7 was a chance at cricket coverage rights in the future, even next summer maybe. Not sure how serious it was as I caught it half way through.

Give me anything over channel 7 having sport. More megawall shit and they'd probably appoint Joanna Griggs as captain of the commentary team..

The Australian media also must take a long hard look at their role in this problem. It is beyond belief that we are still hearing commentators saying 'no-one saw it coming'. If you read the myriad of message boards around the world, genuine cricket lovers with a strong understanding of the game have been predicting this precise problem for the past three years. Rather than admitting that the occasional victory over the past few years was merely papering over the ever widening cracks, the media instead would talk about the resurgence of the side. It is understandable that journalists have pressure from above to produce positive articles, however, they have failed to realistically portray the weaknesses that were rapidly emerging.

If the media had done their job and actually reported the slide of the team more accurately, more pressure may have been placed upon Cricket Australia to actually try and fix the problems. Instead, there is a now a huge crisis that could have been averted with proper planning. One possible problem is the inundation of the media with former cricketers, rather than trained journalists and good writers. A player might have played the game at the highest level and be good at it, that does not always make him a good reporter. However, the main issue with the media having so many former players is that they are often nervous about being too critical of people they know well and are friendly with. There can be an advantage in having the 'inside' perspective from a former player who has been there, however, this needs to be complemented by an appropriately analytical comment from a "real" journalist.

the coverage has been on the wane for sometime, but this summer already seems to have dropped to a new level. healy is simply pathetic, i actually cannot stand listening to him anymore and im really warming to this idea of muting the commentary and syncing the audio with ABC on radio

whilst there's countless moments to choose from with healy, his effort yesterday took the cake for me. i cant quite recall the name of the kiwi batsman who copped the blow to his wrist earlier? he spent some time off the ground with the injury. and healy proceeded to question his courage essentially, asking 'doesnt he want to be a part of this game?' etc. but then he chimed in with 'surely he wasn't born in australia?'. that's actually quite offensive, insinuating that no australian would spend time off the ground attending to an injury. laughable stuff from the pathetic healy. he then rambled on to talk about the times when players needed to take a number 2 during play and that summed it up really.

im looking forward to listening to the likes of harsha on ABC during the indian series

Haha, great work, Jed.

Not only did you correctly predict the Kiwi win before the start of the game, you've come through with the goods here as well.

:thumbsu:

I cannot take the credit for this.

But I am now making this the official channel 9 whine thread for the summer.

Not Channel 9 but Inside Cricket is absolutely pathetic. Leading the show with Australia's pathetic capitul... no sorry it's all about flipping Warney and this abortion of a T20 comp.

whilst there's countless moments to choose from with healy, his effort yesterday took the cake for me. i cant quite recall the name of the kiwi batsman who copped the blow to his wrist earlier? he spent some time off the ground with the injury. and healy proceeded to question his courage essentially, asking 'doesnt he want to be a part of this game?' etc. but then he chimed in with 'surely he wasn't born in australia?'. that's actually quite offensive, insinuating that no australian would spend time off the ground attending to an injury. laughable stuff from the pathetic healy.

Obviously there was no jest to these comments at all :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I imagining it or has the camera work this series been shithouse ?
Maybe with Nine so far up the crapper they've employed work expeirence cameramen.

Check with Tony Greig, I think he mentioned something about the cameras in passing at some point during the match.

There is no complaint we can make that is as serious as the one radio sport NZ are levelling at channel 9 this evening.... Deliberately mis laying the DRS matting to rig the LBW decisions in Australia's favour.

... the home broadcaster does this sort of thing unsupervised?

I don't really think the general print media have been too bad, though the gushing after the first test win over new zealand was a bit much.

The Channel 9 commentary team is part of the whole sucking up to the establishment by making everything out to be great, and devoid of proper critical opinion. (in most cases)

I think they are sanitised by the powers that be to be biased and jazz things up (generally treat the public like idiots), which you don't get watching Foxtel.

Nine's problem is virtually all their commentators are there because they used to play for Australia or Kerry Packer had a boner for them a million years ago, not because they're any good at being commentators.

Imagine if AFL commentary was based on that garbage?

inb4aflcommentaryisalsoshit

Give me anything over channel 7 having sport. More megawall shit and they'd probably appoint Joanna Griggs as captain of the commentary team..

I heard in SEN today that C7 was a chance at cricket coverage rights in the future, even next summer maybe. Not sure how serious it was as I caught it half way through.

i think 9 have the rights for another summer after this one

To be honest atm I only like the West Indian commentators. All the other commentators (Aus, Eng, SA, Ind) are openly biased.

There is no complaint we can make that is as serious as the one radio sport NZ are levelling at channel 9 this evening.... Deliberately mis laying the DRS matting to rig the LBW decisions in Australia's favour.

Just goes to show the intelligence of some people.

How absurd. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Channel 9 complaints thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back