Official Cole Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Bombers put in their offer for Cole.

Bombers 2003 said:
And of course,the Shaws/Clokes are future premiership players/Brownlow medallists?

At least one of them is. Did you notice that kid playing his first game on Anzac Day who looked like he'd been there for about 10 years? That's the one I'm talking about.

Re: Cole

whats the deal though? if nothing happens at trade week will he be leaving via the PSD or will he be with us again next year? because i don't know if hes contracted or not..

FIGJAM said:
Chip Le Grand...if that is his real name...reckons it'll be a Pick 23 trade.
/QUOTE]
I'm sure that's his name and there used to be a Homer Le Grand in the history department at Melbourne Uni.I think he's at Victoria University these days.

Here we go!, the Bombers offer Mark Bolton AND Ted Richards for Richmond's pick 8, laughable. When he can't find any takers for Bolton Sheeds will say "Nobody wanted you Mark, show em they were wrong" without mentioning it was his own club that was trying to ******** him off. As for a deal for Richie pick 23 is in the ball park however Essendon will continue to play chicken with us until the Friday deadline. It reminds me of the tractor duel in Footloose with Sheeds playing the role of Kevin Bacon.

Re: Cole to Bombers for pick 23?

FIGJAM said:
My thoughts are that we've got too many Cole threads, so please keep it all in this one.

Fair enough, but there is that much B** S*** on most of them I thought I would ask a serious question in the hope i might get an inteligent and serious reply back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney give up pick 19 for Richards.
Essendon give pick 19 to us for Cole.
Analysis: We get what we want, a first rounder, Essendon get what they want in Cole, and Sydney get a dud in Richards, aw well back to the drawing board.

Robert Shaw openly admited that therere looking for draft pick 19 from Swans for Richards he also stated that Cole is better credentialed then Richards as a player using that logic,and the fact that the roos want a first rounder for Motlop how has been plagued with injuries its more then logical asking a first rounder for Cole.A first rounder or nothing.Why would we take Saddington in a 3 way deal when his in his late 20s much older then Cole.

swap cole for richards!!
it makes sense, essendon probably get the better out of it, but really who gives a royal razoo. we get rid of richie, and gain a semi-developed young guy who we can play down back and develop him into our CHB for when wakes goes in 1-2 years. honestly we need someone to take over down back soon and a young kid in the draft wont be ready to hold down chb quick enough.
richards could be a gun IMO!!

pocketrocket#24 said:
swap cole for richards!!
it makes sense, essendon probably get the better out of it, but really who gives a royal razoo. we get rid of richie, and gain a semi-developed young guy who we can play down back and develop him into our CHB for when wakes goes in 1-2 years. honestly we need someone to take over down back soon and a young kid in the draft wont be ready to hold down chb quick enough.
richards could be a gun IMO!!
Dude, start at the top of the thread and work your way down, all will be revealed.

pieman1 said:
Dude, start at the top of the thread and work your way down, all will be revealed.

ok, i already have, and i fail to understand why u wanted me to. ur the only one to really mention richards, let alone as him being a dud.
i dont get it.

nature boy said:
Robert Shaw openly admited that therere looking for draft pick 19 from Swans for Richards he also stated that Cole is better credentialed then Richards as a player using that logic,and the fact that the roos want a first rounder for Motlop how has been plagued with injuries its more then logical asking a first rounder for Cole.A first rounder or nothing.Why would we take Saddington in a 3 way deal when his in his late 20s much older then Cole.

Richards has better credentials than Cole? What the hell has Richards ever done?

Re: Cole

PieLebo87 said:
whats the deal though? if nothing happens at trade week will he be leaving via the PSD or will he be with us again next year? because i don't know if hes contracted or not..

He is uncontracted, simply because the contract the club has put on the table is an unreasonable one. If they want him as much as they say they do, then they will put their money where their mouth is.
However, I am inclined to think that they are not so keen, as they did not really go to great lengths to negotiate and they are now prepared to let him go without a fight.

pick 23 does sound fair however, why does collingwood get hammered for wanting a first round pick, when hawthorn want 2 first round picks for hay who is as much a dud as cole is? he was AA three years ago BIG DEAL. Woey won a brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Cole Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back