Official Game Day Thread: Round 20 Fremantle vs The Who??

Remove this Banner Ad

You could see our guys didnt give a rats arse,in the overall context of this season who cares,it all means zilch.

And it's those players who are out of contract who will regret their attitude during this game in a few weeks as well. There won't be enough parachutes to go around when they get thrown out of the plane.

Come on guys that was Melbournes grand final,they set themselves the last month to win this one and had to,to keep their 3 members thinking they might rejoin next year..You could see our guys didnt give a rats arse,in the overall context of this season who cares,it all means zilch.

I just watched the game time shifted. I normally pride myself in my calmness on these boards and I'm here to say that I'm severely p***d off. :mad::(:mad:

Of course Melbourne where going to be up for this game, it's why in one of the two tipping comps I'm in I tipped them. But that effort from freo was horrid - worse performance of the season for mine, even worse than Adelaide and Saints because at least with those they were elite teams playing extremely well. Melbourne were good, don't get me wrong, but they weren't that good and we just let them into the game and then lay down when it was time to start the fight.

As for the team not giving a rats arse, well frankly that's exactly right and not good enough - and the players (the ones that matter) will be hurting don't worry about that, they won't think it means zilch, and if it does, then they deserve to be shipped off elsewhere.

BTW, not having a go at you Salim, just using your post as a spring board for a vent. :thumbsu:

Look, before you go slitting your wrists it was so obvious Melbourne were going to win before the ball was bounced.

Firstly, they had to disprove the tanking theory by winning and this was their last chance. They won't beat Carlton or the Saints. Secondly, it's a young, interstate side at the MCG in wet conditions and Thirdly, Jim Stynes was again out of wherever and watching at the ground. To me, as an outsider, it was always set up for a Melbourne win, which is why I tipped them.

It doesn't reflect badly on your team and future. Sure some players didn't seem to give a rats, fortunately Hill, deBoer, Suban, Mayne and Broughton did. As well as others probably, just using the young guys names because they are your future and they look like they give a ...., about their efforts.
Let's see what they do against Essendon and hopefully have an upset win.:thumbsu:

Without giving a full report on who played where, when, on whom and what I was thinking at the time during the game. I had one reoccurring thought. IE. Melbourne want to win and our Club is letting them.
Sad thing is I feel lt numb about the result.

Firstly, they had to disprove the tanking theory by winning and this was their last chance. They won't beat Carlton or the Saints. Secondly, it's a young, interstate side at the MCG in wet conditions and Thirdly, Jim Stynes was again out of wherever and watching at the ground. To me, as an outsider, it was always set up for a Melbourne win, which is why I tipped them.

I agree entirely. I thought the fact that we were favourites for that game was skewey, so don't get me wrong I'm not surprised at the result. What got me is that it seemed that the team that ran out there weren't ready for it. It was just so inept especially in the general pressure department and I would like to have seen Feo come back at some point and make a fist of it. Of course, conditions didn't suit them to say the least etc. .... I don't know, I just expected better that's all.

It doesn't reflect badly on your team and future. Sure some players didn't seem to give a rats, fortunately Hill, deBoer, Suban, Mayne and Broughton did. As well as others probably, just using the young guys names because they are your future and they look like they give a ...., about their efforts.
Let's see what they do against Essendon and hopefully have an upset win.:thumbsu:

That will be interesting because (again) the bombers are going to have it all to play for and the Freo boys are going to be feeling it bad after this loss - again I'm not so sure about the win, but we better put in a show or it's going to be a sour end to the season with Geelong at Skilled the following week.

Freo by 23.
I base my decision on this:

Family Court Ruling - Victoria

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday
when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge
initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child
custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained
to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him
more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When
the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried
out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning
that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the
judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who
should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child
welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the
Fremantle Dockers football team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Edited for accuracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Game Day Thread: Round 20 Fremantle vs The Who??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back