Official List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else a bit disappointed we didn't get Thomson and now he's moving to Richmond?

With Edwards getting an extension, the pressure is really on players like Goodwin, Massie, McLeod and Doughty. I hope it's not Doughty.

Anyone else a bit disappointed we didn't get Thomson and now he's moving to Richmond?

With Edwards getting an extension, the pressure is really on players like Goodwin, Massie, McLeod and Doughty. I hope it's not Doughty.

Not considering the price they paid for him, we would have to have given our 2nd round pick or somehow acquire something better than #40ish. I'm not particularly keen on Thomson anyway, but I think this was a good trade between Port & Richmond.

Nope not one little bit, glad we didn't try and get him.

Guess we will find out early next week who will stay and who is going.

My tip is Campbell, Jericho & Doughty to be delisted.

Petrenko to be upgraded.

Other 3 rookies to get another year.

This gives us 5 picks in the national draft and 2 picks in the rookie draft.

Would be happy to put money on this.

without doubt the easiest money ive ever made :)

I have difficulty imagining Doughty going after they've made a song and dance all year about how he's "playing on the edge" and basically implying that he is playing to keep his spot. If he does that, they make a big deal out of it, and then he gets cut anyway it sends a pretty poor message to the rest of the playing group.

I'd be surprised if he got a contract for more than a year, though.

I totally agree. The kid couldn't have done any more, he had a ripper season. I just think that the club feels he is easier to replace than say Massie.

I think the arguement will be Massie can play a little taller.

Just got a feeling that this will happen and trying to prepare Adelaide that lightning strikes twice. If it happens there will be a thousand posts saying it is a disgrace, Cornsey will get on his soap box and I think Rucci aleady has his article written.

Don't they usually wait until Monday?

From memory all the delistings were announced Friday mid afternoon last year. What I do remember is that Drummond went into uncontrollable meltdown about Pfeiffer. :p

I may be wrong but I cant recall that being the case in previous years. The date that is, not Drum.

matt rendell said on 5aa this week he was going to terang to interview a young kid from geelong falcons---are crows looking at luke rounds as a late round draft pick? apparently super quick small defender/ on baller who ran a 2.93 seconds 20m sprint when tested by falcons in march this year--fastest result for all falcons at that time including patrick dangerfield!!

Apparently he was also one of the quickest at the state screening.

Since we haven't been involved in any trades i see us delisting 3 player from the main list (on top of the retirees). By the looks of it Jericho (who knows), Campbell and one of Massie/Doughty/Shirley. But by all reports on BF the latter two have singed onto new contracts so it will most probably be Massie.

With that we upgrade Petrenko and retain Moss and one of Curnow/Martin. Therefore that leaves us with 5 picks in this years ND and 4 picks in the rookie draft as we are able to have 6 rookies from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since we haven't been involved in any trades i see us delisting 3 player from the main list (on top of the retirees). By the looks of it Jericho (who knows), Campbell and one of Massie/Doughty/Shirley. But by all reports on BF the latter two have singed onto new contracts so it will most probably be Massie.

With that we upgrade Petrenko and retain Moss and one of Curnow/Martin. Therefore that leaves us with 5 picks in this years ND and 4 picks in the rookie draft as we are able to have 6 rookies from memory.

Doughty and Shirley were offered and have signed new contracts in the last few weeks.

So if it is one of those three it will be Massie. If it's not Massie it has to be Gallman.

Ch 10 says Gallman will stay - if they're right the 3 delists will be as you've got it

Jericho, Campbell, Massie.

He signed a performance based contract yesterday.
Jericho's definitely gone;
if Crows decide not to participate in the PSD, then probably only 1 other player will be delisted (between Campbell and Massie)...IMO, Massie will stay if that's the case...or both could go if someone of interest lands in the PSD.

Cheers for that Macca23, so it is certain that Doughty and Shirley both received new contracts. I suppose re-signing both of them was warranted, considering the season they had, but in all honesty since we're also keeping Edwards and Goodwin (both who can play Doughty's role next year) i thought the club would have freed up a bit more room to give some of the younger guys a solid run in the 22 for next season (Danger, Otten, Cook, Douglas, Gallman, Moss and any other mids from the draft).

Personally i think the need for Massie in the squad is more important (With Bassett gone) then Doughty and Shirley. I know NC is not a fan of throwing the guys in the deep end so to speak but out of those who i've listed they will all be doing thier 2nd pre-season at minimum at AFL level and would be very well suited to playing those negating roles to aid their development quicker then racking up 20+ posessions at SANFL as is the case with Otten.

Goodwins contract status?

Could be retireing???

very long shot and stab in the dark and not neccesarily what I like.

Just thorwing darts blindfolded

I tend to agree with most

the Norwood trio in Jericho, Campbell and Massie will be delisted

this will give us five selections at the National Draft

I do not believe we will take any players in the PSD

Not considering the price they paid for him, we would have to have given our 2nd round pick or somehow acquire something better than #40ish. I'm not particularly keen on Thomson anyway, but I think this was a good trade between Port & Richmond.

In hinds sight i may have been mistaken. Prismall turned out to be far better value. Would've been nice to pick him up instead!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back