List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

Yes..we should be looking at bringing in our 25' 1st rounder to pair up to go after either a top rated mid (phillipou) or to get in ahead of a potential welsh bid and take a top rated mid like a draper possibly. I would rather do that and at the same time dangle a huge contract extension to young Curtin. Go after a specific free agent like hayward as well that won't cost the earth.

If by the end of trade and draft period next year we ended with

Phillipou
Welsh
Hayward
Project ruck at the back end of the draft or rookie.

And have tied up Curtin to a 5 year contract extension

We are set in my opinion

Totally agree with all of this except the project ruck. I think it’s pretty clear now that we are locked into trading for someone with a few years in the system that’s close to ready to go

Have left it too long now to rely on a draftee developing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn't be too sure about that at all re Goad this year. It may be the case now but it appeared before we got wind Curtin could be gettable Goad was very much in our reckoning and I personally believe he'd have been taken with our 2nd if available.
I think the last two years we've come close to grabbing one, but now that we haven't it probably puts us on the path to trading for one in a year or two.

I'll just leave this here :D

As I have often said, ROB is an average mid range ruckman - not elite, but not terrible.

The issue is he is unlikely to ever be elite.

He's fine when he is marking the ball, but if he isn't, he is a liability.

Needs more consistency.

Last edited:
As I have often said, ROB is an average mid range ruckman - not elite, but not terrible.

The issue is he is unlikely to ever be elite.

He's fine when he is marking the ball, but if he isn't, he is a liability.

Needs more consistency.
Having an elite ruckman is not necessary to winning a premiership.

Collingwood 2023, Geelong 2022, Richmond 2017 & 19-20, West Coast 2018, Western Bulldongs 2016, Hawthorn 2013-15. I could go on.

None of these teams had an elite ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having an elite ruckman is not necessary to winning a premiership.

Collingwood 2023, Geelong 2022, Richmond 2017 & 19-20, West Coast 2018, Western Bulldongs 2016, Hawthorn 2013-15. I could go on.

None of these teams had an elite ruck.

It helps if they tap to their teams advantage though.

It helps if they tap to their teams advantage though.
To be fair, looking at Cameron and Cox’s HTA stats this year, they’re pretty much on the same level as ROB

But the Pies midfield is obviously ahead of ours, so they had less need for a ruck to do a lot of heavy lifting

To be fair, looking at Cameron and Cox’s HTA stats this year, they’re pretty much on the same level as ROB

But the Pies midfield is obviously ahead of ours, so they had less need for a ruck to do a lot of heavy lifting
God help the comp if they tapped it down their throats

Hope we can trump them like we did with GC and Rankine.

Yes..offer a big long term deal to him. If he really wants to be at a club where he will be on the rise, Adelaide has the list profile to satisfy that a lot more than St Kilda. We play in front of much larger crowds and he would be based at home if he came. Sell it in whatever way needed to entice him here!!

Hope we can trump them like we did with GC and Rankine.

Yes..offer a big long term deal to him. If he really wants to be at a club where he will be on the rise, Adelaide has the list profile to satisfy that a lot more than St Kilda. We play in front of much larger crowds and he would be based at home if he came. Sell it in whatever way needed to entice him here!!
What would he cost? A 1st rounder?

What happens if Oliver is in the mix? Surely his value has to have diminished, especially given his contract size and issues.

Both perhaps, using our 2024 1st and F1.

What would he cost? A 1st rounder?

What happens if Oliver is in the mix? Surely his value has to have diminished, especially given his contract size and issues.

Both perhaps, using our 2024 1st and F1.
If Oliver is in the right condition to play and he was open to coming, then if there was a way of getting both without having to give up one of our own young stars, make it happen, although the how is anyone's guess..and then somehow ensure that we have enough back ended picks for Welsh and maybe Michalanney too.

No doubt St Kilda would be asking for 2 1sts for Phillipou if he did want to leave, Melbourne would also want something substantial even if they were prepared to allow him to leave. It is likely we could only go after 1 of them.

You do have quite a large Xmas stocking
fd99bdc4-4c07-44d0-aefb-9c755a60f4a4_text.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back