Nov 3, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Crows wives in catfight
October 08, 2006 12:15am

TENSIONS between the Crows' "first ladies" spilled over into confrontation after Friday night's club champion dinner at the Convention Centre.

It is understood the "big chill" between Mandy Edwards, wife of Tyson, and Rachael McLeod, wife of Andrew, reached boiling point at the Swish bar at the Stamford Plaza where the revellers had kicked on.

The acrimony between the women is linked to McLeod's feud with his one-time close friend and Crows No 1 member Lleyton Hewitt.

Witnesses said a drink was thrown after the pair exchanged harsh words as they yelled and argued. Normally, the two women are at pains to avoid each other.

Some of the players stepped in to calm things down, witnesses said.

"It just ruined the night," a witness said. "It's (the feud) out of control."

Another witness said an unidentified member of the Crows group appeared to become sick.

"There were a few tears as well; about three girls in the group were crying," the witness said.

The big night out followed formalities at the Convention Centre, where Simon Goodwin won his third Malcolm Blight Medal.

The after-party finished about 4am, when staff at Swish invited the revellers to "wrap it up" so they could close.

The altercation pushes relations between the Edwards and McLeod camps to its lowest ebb.

It's known the angst between Mandy and Rachael was simmering at the Brownlow Medal count in Melbourne, where the seating had to be rearranged at the last minute to keep them apart.

But the pair might have to face each other again today, with most of the club invited to the opening of the new Sky Bar beer garden at the Alma Hotel – owned by Mark Ricciuto and Goodwin.

Edwards has previously acknowledged that he and McLeod have had club mediation to sort out their differences.

However, it is understood the relationship is all business and they have not been friendly for some time.

The chilly atmosphere between the two couples stems from their divided loyalties over tennis superstar Hewitt and his actress wife Bec Cartwright.

The Edwardses are very much part of the Hewitts' inner circle, being godparents to their young daughter Mia and with Tyson chosen to be a groomsman at the lavish wedding.

In contrast, the McLeods are completely estranged from the Hewitts.

McLeod, who once lived with Hewitt in his West Lakes mansion before his bust-up with Australia's No 1 tennis player, has said they no longer speak.

Rachael McLeod is known to have been close friends with Hewitt's former fiancee, Kim Clijsters.

Must be a slow news day today in Adelaide

Re: Missus Verus Missus

I think its time these 2 ladies had a good hard look at themselves and consider what effect their actions have on their husbands' career.

I am sick and tired of 2 primadonnas throwing **** at the club with their actions of something minor and that quite frankly has nothing to with them :mad:

Stiffy_18 said:
I think its time these 2 ladies had a good hard look at themselves and consider what effect their actions have on their husbands' career.

I am sick and tired of 2 primadonnas throwing **** at the club with their actions of something minor and that quite frankly has nothing to with them :mad:

Agreed... :thumbsu:

hotspeedo50 said:
Edwards has previously acknowledged that he and McLeod have had club mediation to sort out their differences.

However, it is understood the relationship is all business and they have not been friendly for some time.

If this is true it must be sorted and quickly and if it is true maybe the tennis dud is the problem get rid of him

However it is the mail just another Crow bashing media outlet so pass the salt and i will put a pinch on it

Stiffy_18 said:

Absolutely spot on.

And this thread needs to stay, don't bury your heads in the sand guys.

In my opinion, if this continues, it's potentially the most dangerous thing in the Club's near future - it's got the capacity to split the club down the middle.

Somebody needs to tell these two women, that, with all due respect, nobody cares about them, and if they're going to behave like this then they won't be invited to club functions in the future.

Captain Kouta said:
According to the Sunday Mail, "Staff Reporters".

What a gutless piece of journalism.

Put your name on it or leave it on the back of the toilet door.

Made up crap from another crow bagging media outlet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jo172 said:
Anyone else reckon our mate Rooch wrote this?
Who wrote it is irrelevant. What is important is that the club needs to sort this our ASAP because these sorft of bitchfests can only split the club in two. We don't need this crap from 2 primadonnas that like to keep the tabs on other people's business and then go at each other when ever the opportunity arises.

I feel sorry for McLeod and Edwards. This puts them in extremely difficult situations. Both are professional enough and both have shown this year that they don't let that sort of thing get to them on the field. They both combine well on the field and will pass the ball to each other when the chance arises. The boys are professional enough to put this thing aside its about time their wives put their primadonna egos aside and leave each other alone. If they can't do that then they are simply not allowed at the club. If the 2 boys have a problem with that stance then show them the door.

The last thing we need as a club is some egoistical, gossipping primadonas to split the club in half. As much as they might not like, its not about them. I think it takes a little bit of common sense, dignity and human values to stay out of each others ways if they can't get along. If they can't do that then its time not to allow them at the club. Simple as that.

Stiffy_18 said:
Who wrote it is irrelevant. What is important is that the club needs to sort this our ASAP because these sorft of bitchfests can only split the club in two. We don't need this crap from 2 primadonnas that like to keep the tabs on other people's business and then go at each other when ever the opportunity arises.

I feel sorry for McLeod and Edwards. This puts them in extremely difficult situations. Both are professional enough and both have shown this year that they don't let that sort of thing get to them on the field. They both combine well on the field and will pass the ball to each other when the chance arises. The boys are professional enough to put this thing aside its about time their wives put their primadonna egos aside and leave each other alone. If they can't do that then they are simply not allowed at the club. If the 2 boys have a problem with that stance then show them the door.

The last thing we need as a club is some egoistical, gossipping primadonas to split the club in half. As much as they might not like, its not about them. I think it takes a little bit of common sense, dignity and human values to stay out of each others ways if they can't get along. If they can't do that then its time not to allow them at the club. Simple as that.

Stole my thunder in every respect Stiffy. We can't just ignore it and it doesn't matter who wrote the article - it happened.

The part I've highlighted is the key though. They are nobodies in the overall scheme of things, yet they have the power to damage the club.

Wrap your egos up girls We don't give a shyte about you. We tolerate you because of who your husbands are.

At least have the decency to make that a pleasant experience for everyone rather than embarrassing yourselves like two drunken female barflies having a non-stop catfight!! :rolleyes: .

macca23 said:
Stole my thunder in every respect Stiffy. We can't just ignore it and it doesn't matter who wrote the article - it happened.

Exactly.

Can't believe the attitude of the people on this thread who've fobbed it off as 'gutter journalism' or a Rooch conspiracy theory.

Two of our most senior key players - both of them club legends - are all but estranged (fact) because their wives are regularly at each other's throats because of the foibles of the club's #1 ticket holder.

"Delete thread" ain't gonna cut it if this sh#t keeps up.

I'll get shot down for this but......

Do we Consider Trading one of them while they still have significant trade value ?

i think rachel mcleod has to take the majority of the blame, she is the b1tch who ruined maccas friendship with hewitt.
she also hung sh1t on him in her article in the sunday mail that she wrote, even called him a bad father.

IMO she is a "manly looking" scrag and macca can do much better than be with that gossiping, backstabbing b1tch.

i hope edwards' missus got a few good hits in

bus24 said:
I'll get shot down for this but......

Do we Consider Trading one of them while they still have significant trade value ?

Well I was thinking the same thing, but how pathetic would it look that we had to trade a player cause his missus couldn't get along with another players missus.

AJ_No.4 said:
Well I was thinking the same thing, but how pathetic would it look that we had to trade a player cause his missus couldn't get along with another players missus.

trade rachel mcleod at the RSPCA for a new one

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Mrs McLeod v Edwards Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back