Official North Melbourne vs Richmond Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good interview with Boomer on ABC, they mentioned we never get commended for our talent or skill, just our shinboner spirit, Boomer reinterated that our talent doesn't get the recognition as Geelong or Hawthorn's does. Boomer said we'd been taking it light on the track around the break period, and he praised Drew, McMahon and a few others. Good interview, sounded really positive. :thumbsu:

cowardly act by grant...
That is very harsh, so he basically meant to break his arm?

i dont think you can get reported for kicking in danger...... As King didnt when he got Jeff white and that was far worse.

Its like getting reported for pushing him in the back, and when he lands breaks his ankle....

That is very harsh, so he basically meant to break his arm?

i dont think you can get reported for kicking in danger...... As King didnt when he got Jeff white and that was far worse.

Its like getting reported for pushing him in the back, and when he lands breaks his ankle....
totally different... when someone is over the ball and you kick into that area.. extremely dangerous and should be punished.. deledio was punished by a cowardly act.. simple as that

Glad to get the points, but dissapointed that we NEVER take the opportuntities to hammer these crap bottom sides and build percentage. The Carlton, Melb and Rich wins all small, hence our poor percentage. Especialy when we are in a log jam of other teams on the small number of wins.

We really seem to get 4-5 goals up and take the foot of the pedal.

Glad to get the points, but dissapointed that we NEVER take the opportuntities to hammer these crap bottom sides and build percentage. The Carlton, Melb and Rich wins all small, hence our poor percentage. Especialy when we are in a log jam of other teams on the small number of wins.

We really seem to get 4-5 goals up and take the foot of the pedal.

A couple of years ago, we'd get to 4 to 5 goals up and get run over and lose.

Whilst it's frustrating to see us not go on and really belt someone, the pleasing thing is that in the games we've controlled, we haven't really looked like losing (the Melbourne game excepted). Everytime the opposition has narrowed the lead down to a couple of goals, we're now capable of getting the steadying goal.

Think of our frustations against the Dogs. We had always built up leads against them and they'd destroy us with 20 minutes of decent footy. But last week, they came at us and we steadied. It's the same against Melbourne - we'd match them and they'd run over us. But this time, we kept on going and won.

The big wins will start to come soon enough. But for the time being, I'm just happy to see the team winning.

I agree with that. I've been really frustrated over the last 3 or so years. We'd get to a 40 point lead in the 3rd quarter then end up losing by 20 points at the end of the match. Thankfully we've managed to turn that around this year.

I usually am the first to jump up and down about our inability to really pound teams....but i was just so eager to get the 4 points after a few other results over the weekend put our top 8 position under threat.

Looks like another strut into work Monday.

Oh and I experianced hell on earth tonight, attending a Tiger fuction, then sitting in a large group of pro tiger ferals (i must admit they are not all feral....but these ladies were), and not being able to stand up and scream in their faces and still my fingers up when Petrie nailed an important goal.....sigh...never again, id rather pay for my midstrength beer and sit on lvl 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

totally different... when someone is over the ball and you kick into that area.. extremely dangerous and should be punished.. deledio was punished by a cowardly act.. simple as that
Shut the **** up and **** off idiot.

Footy is played based on attack on the ball, he was trying to kick a goal and the bloke got in the way.

Now **** off to your wooden spoon idiot.

you can be reported for KICKING though....

True but I do recall Andy Krakouer being reported for kicking but the tribunal judged his intention was to kick the ball and contact with the opposition was accidental. I think the same judgement will be reached in Grant's case.

I dont disagree, Richo should have had five, two of them would have been unavoidable, but in the context of the game, that's fine by me.

Our only other viable option kicked 6 at the other end.

Yep - true. He was clearly Richmonds best but didn't really make us pay. Impressed with King too although inconsistent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official North Melbourne vs Richmond Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back