Official Shane Watson Thread

Is Watson good enough in One Dayers to warrant a spot?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No, White's a far better option

• Yes, but he must open and Hayden must be axed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Is Robot Watson a liability in the ODI side?

Bats technically correct = Opening batsman

Get rid of Jaques down the order in NZ, unless hes going to the World Cup, he dont need the practise, or doesnt have to find form

Tough decision to drop Hayden though... Watson cannot bat lower than 4

Re: Is Robot Watson a liability in the ODI side?

ABC Radios's Glenn Mitchell referred to Watson as a robot on the air (720 ABC Perth) yesterday (Saturday) arvo in his preview of game 2 and followed up by saying if Watson's not opening, then he has no place in the team.

Maybe G.M reads this forum??

Re: Give Watson the heave ho

Well, atm he looks like he's going to go 1/4.

Most economical behind McGrath and three key wickets that kept us in the game at the different stages, yeah, I'd say that's a pass mark for a batting all-rounder. :rolleyes:

And Watto was the only one in the second final apart from Hodge to show much with the bat.

Why he is still getting wasted at 7, I have no idea.

But of course we should have dropped him before this game, yeah?
(Presumably to have superstar White bowl 10 overs, jesus he would have had a crack at Mick's record)

The routine Watson-bashing that goes on on this site is just laughable. Really.

Indeed.

Most economical behind McGrath and three key wickets that kept us in the game at the different stages, yeah, I'd say that's a pass mark for a batting all-rounder. :rolleyes:

And Watto was the only one in the second final apart from Hodge to show much with the bat.

Why he is still getting wasted at 7, I have no idea.

But of course we should have dropped him before this game, yeah?
(Presumably to have superstar White bowl 10 overs, jesus he would have had a crack at Mick's record)

What? He was 0/3 before today, had a good game today in comparison to everyone else with the ball, so he moves to 1/4.

The routine Watson-bashing that goes on on this site is just laughable. Really.[/quote said:
You really have to admit he's gotten a pretty handy run from the selectors whether you're a supporter of his or not. I think he's a kid with plenty of potential but the selectors might have done him more harm than good to show so much faith in him so often. Now anything less than becoming Australias "next great allrounder" will be seen as a failure to many people not just on this forum.

Everyone go and ask your dads about Australias' test captain from the early 50s, "the next Bradman", Ian Craig.

You really have to admit he's gotten a pretty handy run from the selectors whether you're a supporter of his or not. I think he's a kid with plenty of potential but the selectors might have done him more harm than good to show so much faith in him so often. Now anything less than becoming Australias "next great allrounder" will be seen as a failure to many people not just on this forum.

Everyone go and ask your dads about Australias' test captain from the early 50s, "the next Bradman", Ian Craig.

He came back from a tour of the sub-continent with a serious illness & never fully recovered from that, hence why he was gone from all levels of the game at a relatively young age. He was never seriously touted as the next Bradman, although some comparisons were made He was a very good leader, public speaker & communicator for one so young. It was certainly not high expectations that ruined Ian Craig's career, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Watto crafting a good innings here...

Much better opener than #7, very good against quick bowling.

Was looking superb today until his dismissal which really came out of nowhere.

I'd rather him opening the batting than Hayden, which is why it's disappointing to see Hayden make another of his selfish 100's, so he won't get dropped.

Hit out or get out Hayden. :rolleyes: NZ will chase this down and it will be Haydens fault again for his selfish batting when we have 9 or 10 wickets in hand still because he refusues to go the tonk.

I'd rather him opening the batting than Hayden, which is why it's disappointing to see Hayden make another of his selfish 100's, so he won't get dropped.

Hit out or get out Hayden. :rolleyes: NZ will chase this down and it will be Haydens fault again for his selfish batting when we have 9 or 10 wickets in hand still because he refusues to go the tonk.

i think haydos got your message

LoL, get a clue Ricketts.

Ouch. :D

Quick, edit so no-one can see what a fool you are.

Don't you just hate that? :p

Ricketts, you silly boy.

Some of the criticism he has been copping from all quarters have been nothing short of scapegoating and just plain ridiculous

He is an absolute class batsman and has shown to be for ages. Why they keep batting him at 7 for the past couple of games only God knows

Given Hayden's knock today, and Gilly's impending return, he won't open in the WC.

With Ponting at 3, Clarke at 4, and Roy/Hodge at 5, and Hussey at 6 there is no other spot for him.

Selectors will not drop Hayden now, no matter what he does in the WC.

I could see Watson playing cameo roles at the opening spot when gilly or haydos arent playing due to resting or injury.

He just looks so much more confident in the opening spot and loves ball coming on to bat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Shane Watson Thread

Back