Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

So we currently have #26, #47, #59, #87, #105

I think Boston & Bourke might come into on-trade calculations this week. Late pick zone selections and can be used as sweeteners.

Maybe a scenario such as:

Hickey + #26 + Boston for Saints #13

Or

Toy &/or Hine + #47 + #59 + Bourke for Doggies #22

So we end up with #13, #22, #87 (Cameron).

Nice in theory ;)

Doggies just lost Lake, would take way overs to get Williams if the rumour was true. Great player, dodgey body.

So the remaining 4 QLD players that were invited to the draft combine, able to be selected by the Suns as a zone pick and on-traded this week as sweeteners if needed.

Andrew Boston (tough goal kicking midfielder, kicked bags of 6, 5 & 4 this season in the NEAFL seniors)
Jordon Bourke (athletic strong marking KPF - son of Cats Damien)
Aliir Aliir (fwd/ruck - Sudanese born super athletic ruckman that has elite jumping ability that allows him to leap over opponents)
Brian Coleman-Broome (Indigenous medium forward with lightning speed and inate goal sense)

Boston I would love to pick and keep, but seems to hold the most currency as a sweetener.

I am probably behind the times, but I noticed on Bulletin newspaper website dated a dew days ago that Taylor Hine was be touted as a possible no go for next season. Just curious to see if newspaper talk or if there substance to it.

I would have thought the clearout was finished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hickey update from Courier:

"St Kilda leads the charge for Gold Coast ruckman Hickey, 21, but has been told the price is a first-round draft selection."

"Hickey has played 12 games for the Suns who believe the exceptional endurance athlete is the modern-day prototype for ruckmen, with capped interchange set to be introduced in 2014.

St Kilda has picks 13, 25, 37, 46 and 57, but while Gold Coast wants pick 13, the Saints believe 25 might get them their man."

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/a...d:+TheCourierMailAfl+(The+Courier+Mail+|+AFL)

We want #13, they only want to offer #25 (which by himself is a reasonable offer in my opinion). But if we make the Hickey bundle sweet enough, which we have the goods to do, can't see a hassle. Just depends how badly the Saints want Hickey.

I think it would be pretty epic if we got #13 from the Saints. It's obviously what we're trying to get, considering stuff has taken this long. But I really cannot see the Saints parting with it, unless we pay overs.

I'd say #25 is the greatest chance of it happening.

I think pick #13 for Hickey is achievable, we have suitable picks/players to add to the deal as sweeteners, and should another Victorian club like North (#15) pop up, then the Saints may be forced to use #13.

Although Hickey for #25 could still give us a Rd1 pick, as we could bundle it with #26, and offer it to a club with a mid Rd1 pick such as GWS at #14. GWS do not currently hold any Rd2 picks. A QLD zone player could be added as a sweetener (although I really do want to keep Boston for ourselves, think he would fit perfectly into our list. Goal kicking mids are a rarity).

According to news.com.au we have met with Brett Thornton, say this isn't so!

There is bugger all difference between Thornton and Gilham. Neither are brilliant but the club seems keen to add another experienced defender. The deciding factor for me between the 2 is their fitness. If the club wants to pick up another "Warnock" for a cpl of seasons, they need to be injury free and have a good chance of playing a majority of the season.

Thornton 7 senior games @ 14 disposals & 6 marks, 9 goals.
Thornton 7 VFL games @ 12 disposals & 6 marks, 23 goals.

Gilham 6 senior games @ 12 disposals & 4 marks, 1 goal.
Gilham 10 VFL games @ 14 disposals & 4 marks, 0 goals.

Basically even in 2012 games and disposals, so do you then go with Thornton's versatility? Can be used as a key defender or is the club thinking of using him as the big bodied full forward should Bock and his broken leg not be match fit until later in the 2013 season?

There may not be a big difference between them stat wise, but Thornton's attitude is horrible. I saw a Blues game where he was screaming at the midfielders quite often for not-so-perfect delivery to him on the lead. I thought Brennan was bad when he was airing his frustrations at the kick ins. But Thornton is much worse. Terrible role model, which is what we want in our senior players. We made mistakes with Brennan. Hope we don't make the same one again.

Gilham on the other hand shows genuine leadership qualities. Almost polar opposite.

Rumour Saints may be keen on Gilham to boost their backline (with the Eagles Brown deal going pear-shaped), possibly why we are now interviewing Thornton.

Don't shoot me but what do we think about using Brennan at FF, he is big enough and it might be exactly what he needs to turn his play around. We know he loves the flashy stuff and it doesn't get any flasher than playing FF.

Thoughts??

Don't shoot me but what do we think about using Brennan at FF, he is big enough and it might be exactly what he needs to turn his play around. We know he loves the flashy stuff and it doesn't get any flasher than playing FF.

Thoughts??
anywhere in the forward line.. even half forward or forward pocket..
he is a forward, plain and simple so yes play him at ff if we have to

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back