2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny that the Vic clubs use media platforms to voice their discontent with any advantages the northern clubs get (like clockwork at every opportunity). Yet you don't hear anything from our clubs when established clubs like Collingwood get another gun father son selection on the cheap.

We need to start throwing barbs every time there's a fixture announcement and Vic clubs don't leave Victoria for months on end.

And there should be an annual uproar every time the grand final is played, complaining about the significant home-ground advantage Victorian clubs have when playing for the flag.

Should we keep a running tally of the win % of Vic clubs vs interstate clubs in GFs? And post a bunch of outraged tweets?

Is that how this game works?
Where was the uproar when we lost Dawson for next to nothing?

There was a lot of blaming Suns when they lost Lynch and May.

Now they are deliberately ignoring the decades of evidence. They can go **** themselves

Mitchell Woods was playing in the Bulldogs junior system whilst he was also in the academy.

They aren't looking at the academy and randomly signing players.
If that's the case, then I say **** off to anyone in the Swans Academy who wants to also play NRL. And that goes for all codes. If they are not set on playing AFL, then don't take them in. Waste of money and resources.

You want to be in our academy? Then you can't play X

If that's the case, then I say * off to anyone in the Swans Academy who wants to also play NRL. And that goes for all codes. If they are not set on playing AFL, then don't take them in. Waste of money and resources.

I can't think that would work in reality, in my experience, twelve year old kids will play any sport that involves kicking a ball around.
Whilst yes, the chances are high of these kids picking another code, you run the risk of knocking back a talent that may actually choose AFL.

If that's the case, then I say * off to anyone in the Swans Academy who wants to also play NRL. And that goes for all codes. If they are not set on playing AFL, then don't take them in. Waste of money and resources.

The point of the academy is to increase junior participation.

Congratulations Colin Riordan - new coach of the Sydney Swans Academy

… great news…. Anything I have read about this fella suggests he is a smart empathic person.

Aww. Dad shed a tear..."one of the first I've ever seen." Tough man is old Kirky.

Caiden is such a serious driven young fella. So impressive.

Liked the yarn about Leon Cameron encouraging hIs charges to focus on school and have balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you actually know that is Lewis's son or are you assuming based on an uncommon (though hardly unique) surname?

Lewis's LinkedIn profile suggests he remains in the Sydney area.

That doesn't mean it can't be his son, but it's probably unwise to assume.

Going by the name. The guy who posted it said Noah could be a cousin, but there has to be a very good chance Noah Roberts-Thompson is Lewis's son.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back