Official Trade Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an old fashioned KPD, stands his man but doesn't provide much run out of defence. Has only been over 20 possessions once in his 60 game career, averages about 11. Is a decent grab but Doesn't play fwd. Only thing it does is release Bock, Thompson or possibly Brown up fwd if the club wants to experiment.

He is an old fashioned KPD, stands his man but doesn't provide much run out of defence. Has only been over 20 possessions once in his 60 game career, averages about 11. Is a decent grab but Doesn't play fwd. Only thing it does is release Bock, Thompson or possibly Brown up fwd if the club wants to experiment.

I don't mind if he is quiet, so long as his opponent also is. :D If he can take out, or keep a key forward reasonably quiet, then it's a good get. We have a few others who can run out of defence.

Brown won't go forward, surely. He got super pissed at Hawthorn for doing that, didn't he?

Would expect Bock to play forward in the next 4-5 games next year if this happens, then? Given what a difference it made in our last game of this season.

I disagree with their positions, if we get Warnock, he will be FB.

Bock is an All Australian CHB, he should now be released to get that position back, and Brown is a defender at heart. Didn't enjoy being thrown around at Hawthorn at times and enjoys the challenge in defence, I see him in the back pocket/half back flank.

We have to stick with the younger guys forward. If anything Brennan/Stanley/Fraser should be our senior guys teaching the younger guys in the forward line. Even Ablett to an extent, hopefully he gets a little more rest in the forward line rather than 96% game time in the midfield!

I like the way Geelong use Bartel through the midfield and forward line and just equally damaging in both areas. I'm hoping Ablett is sort of relieved of his massive midfield work load a bit. Alternatively perhaps Rischa and Ablett need to rotate each game? Ablett heavy midfield load, and Rischa a bit of a break half in the forward, half in the middle. Then the following week they swap over.

Couldn't of said it better myself. In my honest opinion, think he would be a good get for you guys. Untill your prospects develop, Warnock can handle the number 1 forward easily in defence, but once the pill is in his hands he struggles. But would love to see him at GC, always dominates at VFL level but with Frawley Garland Rivers, he cannot break into our team.
What kind of pick would we be looking at in return? 3rd rounder?

Good news, Suns are pre listing Zorko, question is will he be kept or on traded to Lions who are keen?

Great news! Zorko is great from what I've seen of him! One of our zone selections?

Hope we don't trade him. Would live for him to be a Sun. Local boy as well, isn't he?

Bombers going to make a big play for Josh Caddy before end of trade week. Will take an early draft pick plus a quality player to get him you would think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would you guys say to a Josh Caddy trade to Richmond? The kid's homesick and isn't going to play his best footy on the Coast.

We could offer up pick 15 and the compo pick, and would probably even sweeten it with Luke McGuane.

15 would get you back into the first round and you are stock piling compo picks. McGuane is better than Matthew Warnock; the other experienced KPD you guys are chasing.

The kid's homesick and isn't going to play his best footy on the Coast.
Oh, without a doubt. :rolleyes:

Caddy would be one of the 'untouchables' at our club.

I find it highly amusing people think mediocre player + mediocre player/draft pick = high quality youth. Not dismissing your offer of 15 + compo and/or McGuane, but I just don't see us trading him unless he absolutely wanted out, which isn't what has come across in his interviews this year.

Essendon been interested in him for a while. Think Hird has spoken to him. If they do not get him this year will get him next. Offering him heaps and we won't be able to. Family and friends ties are very strong....

Essendon been interested in him for a while. Think Hird has spoken to him. If they do not get him this year will get him next. Offering him heaps and we won't be able to. Family and friends ties are very strong....

Not sure where you're pulling this information, but we'll be able to match whatever salary that Essendon throw at him.

We're not signing players like Tippett because we have plans to re-sign core guys on our list, like Caddy. Keeping plenty of cash to keep him.

Oh without a doubt this is something we are going to have to get used to. There are going to be countless rumours about and offers to many of our young kids over the next few years. It will be a headache for the club deciding who are definite keepers no matter the cost, and which kids may not be settling well on the coast and who could possibly request a trade when their current contract expires. GWS will be in the same boat in a cpl years. We are just lucky we seem to have good depth in all areas on the field, it's just young and inexperienced. Losing a few kids wont hurt us dramatically especially when the compo is guaranteed to be of good quality as most these kids are 1st rd draft picks, such as Caddy who was #7 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back