Official Trade Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This news if true completely changes things. If his father is sick with a heart condition, the club should do everything it can to get him home.

With that said, yeah, do not want to get slaughtered at the trade table. ;) I wonder why Essendon were the preferred pick? I wonder if other clubs will approach the Suns about him now with a more substantial offer. Surely other VIC clubs would still be alright?

Would also be curious to see if we could work Toy into this deal to get a super-type gun player. Interesting times ahead.

Good luck to Caddy. I hope he gets that deal to go through!

Don't know why he's nominated Essendon. You should just accept the best offer any Victorian club makes. If he just needs to be back home then he can't complain about that. If he insists on Essendon then I suspect other forces are at play.

Yeah thats what i was thinking , if he wants to go back home , there are 10 melb clubs to deal with , if Ess dont come to the table , we ask arouynd . We should get a good deal for him.

Pick 17 + a player? What player would you want?

This news if true completely changes things. If his father is sick with a heart condition, the club should do everything it can to get him home.

With that said, yeah, do not want to get slaughtered at the trade table. ;) I wonder why Essendon were the preferred pick? I wonder if other clubs will approach the Suns about him now with a more substantial offer. Surely other VIC clubs would still be alright?

Would also be curious to see if we could work Toy into this deal to get a super-type gun player. Interesting times ahead.

Good luck to Caddy. I hope he gets that deal to go through!

Would GC accept the following trade?

Carlton
Lucas, Bower + 44 > GC

GC
Caddy + 32 > Carlton

Caddy gets to come home;
Carlton acquire a big bodied inside mid + additional list space;
GC gain a ready made defender and a potential 10 year player in Lucas.

I do believe Hirdy has been in his ear for a while now, and will become his favourite love child if Caddy ends up at the Bombers.

The kid is going to be a gun, so unlucky with his injury this season, but blitzed in the reserves in his few comeback games and then showed such much in the final 2 rounds of the season.

He will be in the best 22 next season of any club that picks him up. Rare young hard nut goal kicking midfielder. Gutted to lose him, but understand his predicament, the Suns just have to make sure they make the best of a crappy situation... I still say Caddy (#7 pick) + 1st rd draft pick = quality Bombers player.

Or lets see what other Victorian based clubs offer up on Mad Monday... I have a feeling there is going to be few generous offers for the kid, both draft and player wise.

As far as our needs I hope the club doesn't just accept draft picks... have so many kids as it is, a quality experienced player with 4+ years left in him would be so beneficial for our list. And as far as type of player... In my opinion our biggest weaknesses... 1. Strong forward - either key position or strong flanker 2. Tough tagging style midfielder 3. Key position backman to help Bock

Going to be a very interesting Monday and is a good experience for Suns supporters as this exactly what the next few years tradeweeks are going to be like. Lots of hair pulling, brow rubbing and crying on the wife's shoulder... good time to go on holiday really with no access to the internet ;)

I admit I havent seen much of Caddy but Melbournes mid 1st Round Scully Compo pick for use between 2012-16 is what we should offer up if this kid is as good as what Im hearing.

If he is really wanting to get home to be with his Dad, would be a very fair offer for all parties involved & the best offer Ive seen put forward so far.

The other offer which is more unlikely would be Melbourne's other Scully Compo Pick (end 1st Round) & Bate/Warnock/Maric?

I would prefer the 2nd option but dont think it would be enough if Caddy is the talent Im hearing he is.

I admit I havent seen much of Caddy but Melbournes mid 1st Round Scully Compo pick for use between 2012-16 is what we should offer up if this kid is as good as what Im hearing.

If he is really wanting to get home to be with his Dad, would be a very fair offer for all parties involved & the best offer Ive seen put forward so far.

The other offer which is more unlikely would be Melbourne's other Scully Compo Pick (end 1st Round) & Bate/Warnock/Maric?

I would prefer the 2nd option but dont think it would be enough if Caddy is the talent Im hearing he is.

2nd offer very unlikely as you said but the first surely melbourne would like to keep that first scully pick for a double dip in next years supposed 'superdraft'?

2nd offer very unlikely as you said but the first surely melbourne would like to keep that first scully pick for a double dip in next years supposed 'superdraft'?

Perhaps but we already have Jack Viney locked away for next year & if we were to trade one away in the event Caddy comes on to the market we would either have a mid 1st rounder or end of first rounder to use next year too.

Just speculating guys and depends on how hard-nut the Suns play this one out, and also how badly Hirdy wants the kid...

Hypothetical targets?

Fwd: Crameri or Monfries
Mid: Hocking
Back: Hooker or Dempsey

Possible 1st/2nd rd draft pick concessions to be added by the Suns as a sweetener depending on which player the target?

Obviously the Bombers guns are out of the picture so trying to look at that next level of player that the Dons "might" think they can do without should Caddy come onboard. Just Big Footy rambling really, but hey fills in a Sunday arvo

Or could we see a 3-way trade come into play with say an Adelaide? Caddy > Essendon, Decent Bomber player > Adelaide, Tippett > Suns?!?! ....oh the mind boggles....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way are we getting Tippett. I don't even think Ashcroft has even walked into the same room as the Crows this week. :D

I think Emma Q made a good point on Twitter. She was saying that the Suns can't afford to NOT play hard ball in this situation. Imagine what sort of impression that would make on clubs approaching kids next year? So I think GC are doing it right, and will play very hard to get something that they want.

I'd be amused that after all this he stays at the club, but is granted extra travel permissions to travel to his Dad. Then he re-signs. Ha!

No way are we getting Tippett. I don't even think Ashcroft has even walked into the same room as the Crows this week. :D
!
....and Caddy hadn't announced he wanted to go back to Victoria this week. Things change very quickly in the wonderful world of AFL.

....and Caddy hadn't announced he wanted to go back to Victoria this week. Things change very quickly in the wonderful world of AFL.

8412920.jpg

I think Emma Q made a good point on Twitter. She was saying that the Suns can't afford to NOT play hard ball in this situation. Imagine what sort of impression that would make on clubs approaching kids next year? So I think GC are doing it right, and will play very hard to get something that they want.

I'd be amused that after all this he stays at the club, but is granted extra travel permissions to travel to his Dad. Then he re-signs. Ha!

I said it somewhere else, what if the club just give him a year off and massive program to follow training and fitness wise?

Can we keep him? can we can we can we? Please daaaaaad:D

Would take Monfries and a decent pick in exchange for Caddy. Monfries is exactly the type we need, Medium Fwd/Mid. Would complement Lynch, Day while they develop:thumbsu:

Im actually starting to think all this momentum is isolated to Big Footy...

Read the articles, and quotes by officials. The journalist twists it to make a story, and BF posters take that as gospel...then you look at the quotes.

"We're just trying to go under the radar and get something done quietly," Thompson said.

"We've targeted someone that we really want and if we get him, it would be great.

"We're after someone who can add to our midfield."

Then the journalist throws in
He is also believed to have suffered from homesickness.
No actual evidence, nothing from Caddy to suggest this either.

Then Ashcroft responds
"It comes as no surprise that there is interest in a number of our players, but at this stage it remains speculation."

Then the muppet Mark Robinson the known Essendon Supporter, Here uses a lot of
"It has also been reported"
"It's believed"

He doesn't have a clue, doesn't quote anyone...just all rubbish thats snowballed from his tiny article.

Would take Monfries and a decent pick in exchange for Caddy. Monfries is exactly the type we need, Medium Fwd/Mid. Would complement Lynch, Day while they develop:thumbsu:

Yeh he is my favorite choice aswell. Always takes his 5+ marks a game inside the fwd 50, regulary kicks his 2-3 goals a game, and always provides a good target, even though he's not a key fwd. He also has that x-factor ability to kick the 5+ goals a game when he's running hot. Would provide so much up fwd as a player and as a teacher for the younger guys. But the whole Bombers scenario rests on one of these quality Dons players wanting to come to the Goldy.

Im actually starting to think all this momentum is isolated to Big Footy...

Read the articles, and quotes by officials. The journalist twists it to make a story, and BF posters take that as gospel...then you look at the quotes.

Then the journalist throws in

No actual evidence, nothing from Caddy to suggest this either.

Then Ashcroft responds

Then the muppet Mark Robinson the known Essendon Supporter, Here uses a lot of
"It has also been reported"
"It's believed"

He doesn't have a clue, doesn't quote anyone...just all rubbish thats snowballed from his tiny article.
Agreed, entirely. I'm holding out to see a statement from either parties to confirm this. No direct quotes from either, I'm still remaining hopeful.

edit: if however it is true, and there was no club nominated, would we look towards getting a deal done with collingwood for one of macaffer/beams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back