OKFL - PRE Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatong went to the media and the league accusing Bonnie Doon of playing an unregistered player. All Bonnie Doon players that played on Saturday were registered players however this is what happened. Player A was selected in the side and put on the team sheet prior to the game, with 5 minutes before the game was due to start there was no sign of player A. Fortunately we had another player there who had not been selected but had played two senior games earlier in the year and was registered, we played that player but were unable to change the name on the team sheet.

Think you will find JAM is that with Tatong disputing it, there was an umpires report put through with the results. The media get access to the results (and any match/umpires reports) after at 6pm on the Saturday (same as with the selected teams on the Thursday nights) which is how the Border got onto it straight away.

Wasn't there, don't know the story. Only heard (you know chinese whispers style) Tatong questioned whether the player was who was named on the teamsheet &/or registered asked to league to check up on it. Don't think they expected the whole media sh*tstorm that has brewed up.

Think you will find JAM is that with Tatong disputing it, there was an umpires report put through with the results. The media get access to the results (and any match/umpires reports) after at 6pm on the Saturday (same as with the selected teams on the Thursday nights) which is how the Border got onto it straight away.

We don't actually get any umpire's reports through from the O&K actually NAL - I wasn't personally aware of any issue until I read it in the Border.

What would have happened, by my guess, is that Jamesy probably just mentioned it off the cuff, otherwise the Border journo (can't remember who wrote it) heard about it through other means and asked him about it specifically.

We don't actually get any umpire's reports through from the O&K actually NAL - I wasn't personally aware of any issue until I read it in the Border.

What would have happened, by my guess, is that Jamesy probably just mentioned it off the cuff, otherwise the Border journo (can't remember who wrote it) heard about it through other means and asked him about it specifically.

I think it was your arch nemises Nonch.....

Fair enough Nonch. From memory there used to be a box where you could write a match report in. I was only guessing that maybe an umpires report about player eligibility may have gone in there which could then be lifted out by the media. Thanks for the clear up :thumbsu:

Tatong went to the media and the league accusing Bonnie Doon of playing an unregistered player. All Bonnie Doon players that played on Saturday were registered players however this is what happened. Player A was selected in the side and put on the team sheet prior to the game, with 5 minutes before the game was due to start there was no sign of player A. Fortunately we had another player there who had not been selected but had played two senior games earlier in the year and was registered, we played that player but were unable to change the name on the team sheet.

Tatong are pretty confident they will be getting the points.. For a player to play they need to be on the team sheet by Saturday or else there would be no point naming a side on thursday night. Tom dick or Harry could
Rock up for a game on a Saturday if we were allowed to do that! The league is no closer to a verdict but will have it sorted in the coming week I would imagine.

Tatong are pretty confident they will be getting the points.. For a player to play they need to be on the team sheet by Saturday or else there would be no point naming a side on thursday night. Tom dick or Harry could
Rock up for a game on a Saturday if we were allowed to do that! The league is no closer to a verdict but will have it sorted in the coming week I would imagine.
This has happened recently in the AFL, didn't the team only get a fine? Why are we talking about a loss of points here, it sounds like he was in fact a registered player, just wasn't on the team sheet that was submitted to Tatong...

This has happened recently in the AFL, didn't the team only get a fine? Why are we talking about a loss of points here, it sounds like he was in fact a registered player, just wasn't on the team sheet that was submitted to Tatong...

I'm with you BK,a slap on the wrist for Doon at the most....

Tatong are a bunch of whinging little girls! Who gives a shit? What difference would it have made anyway so why even put in a complaint. The fact is you are still shit and no matter how much money you spend you cannot beat good sides!!

Now for match of the round this weekend. The Blacks are in bottom 4 form at the moment so it should be a ripper of a game this weekend down at "The Dungeon".
Our boys are pretty fired up and looking to shut down brushy and deny him of the ton and also the 4 points. Should be a sellout with all the major sponors heading down for a look.. Should be a cracker!!

I'm not sure why Tatong are so intent on pursuing this matter? I can understand that they want clarification, but to try and push it so hard that they get the four points is a bit much... I'm not sure if this is what is actually happening as I have not heard directly from anyone at Tatong but if they are pushing for the points after hearing the actual situation that just screams sour grapes to me. This will have no affect on the top 8 so maybe they are just trying to get their first win in about 10 years over Doon any way they can?

Any idea on when the league vote count is on and when clubs get notified of who's been invited?

Sunday of the last round (21 Aug) at the Gateway as per last year. If you go don't count on the finger food to keep hunger at bay!!

Haven't got my invite so don't think they've been sent out yet!! :p:p:D

Righto the finals are almost here which means one big thing... FOOTY TRIP!!!! Where is everyone heading to? Who has the best fundraising ideas and Who has the best games for the trip?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday of the last round (21 Aug) at the Gateway as per last year. If you go don't count on the finger food to keep hunger at bay!!

Lucky kfc is down the road!! Thought the league would be more organized with the preso night invites

I'm with you BK,a slap on the wrist for Doon at the most....

Why would it be a slap on the wrist? if you have broken the rules you have broken the rules?? I would expect it to be a loss of 4 points to Doon\, as per the rules. It shouldn't matter where the clubs are situated on the ladder (as previous people have mentioned) ...

Why would it be a slap on the wrist? if you have broken the rules you have broken the rules?? I would expect it to be a loss of 4 points to Doon\, as per the rules. It shouldn't matter where the clubs are situated on the ladder (as previous people have mentioned) ...

To err is to be human...And that's all it was apparently...Ever made a mistake Rat....:thumbsu:

Ur right rat we shoulda gat the points...

Read in the border this morning that Rod Carmody resigned from his role as North east hub GM. Poor timing given the business end of the season is just around the corner!!

anyone got a link to the story or know more?

He's only been doing it 6 months hasnt he?

Wow Tatong just won't let go will they? Sooking in here, sooking to the papers, sooking to the league and now they are even sooking on facebook.

Here's a tip Tatong - to get 4 points try picking up your lip and playing better footy...

I heard they were being a bit selective with invites this year NAL..;);)

Wow Tatong just won't let go will they? Sooking in here, sooking to the papers, sooking to the league and now they are even sooking on facebook.

Here's a tip Tatong - to get 4 points try picking up your lip and playing better footy...

I supose if you can't by aflag in this leage u have to win any way u can....

!

Oh stop it you blokes! Tatong, Doon.. Ya both shit!!!

We kicked a goal today yeah!!!

Re: !

Oh stop it you blokes! Tatong, Doon.. Ya both shit!!!

We kicked a goal today yeah!!!

Gotta admire the fighting spirit today from the boys at the Duck Pond. They never gave up, continually chased, tackled and harrassed right til the end. A game played with intensity and great spirit. I know they were struggling but a lot of good signs for next year.:thumbsu:

Congrats also to the little bloke on notching up his 100. A job well done.

Congrats to Dan Lewis on getting his ton as well ( even if he does play for Milawa ) it's a great achievement....Nonch I thought you would have been all over this one with half a bar.....

So guys I estimate that Brush is about 6 gls in front with one round to play. We have Tarra, Milawa have Tatong I think.....Who do you reckon will take out the leading goal kicker.......:footy::footy::footy:

Also the battle for 4th possie should be decided this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back