Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Channel for Old Scholars???.....

Uh, its Old Scholars footy mate, every second bloke in the league is overweight! But FWIW, DOSA actually lacks the true fatties tbh.

One of the more humerous posts i have read on bf for a while! Penwright would be in the top 3 fittest at the club, hands down.

So whats this? Probably 5 or 6 players, guns at that? Take OHA's or St Virgils 5 or 6 best out every week and they would struggle too ;)

Already been done ;) Seniors had an extra session on sunday after their poor show against OHA. You will see a different team against Hutchins!
Agree with point 1 DOSA does lack the true fatties, sometimes may struggle with a bit of strength/size over the ball.
Penwright would easily run out a game in the midfield.. :thumbsu:
Take your best 5 or 6 players out of any team in the country and that team would struggle..
And finally I really wish you didn't bring that up :rolleyes:
Only other problem that I can see for DOSA is a lack of onball rotations for the likes of Carroll, Abrahams & Penwright. But with young guys like Claridge, Rowbottom, Burdon etc getting games they may be trying to rectify this

what is this bash a rooster day ? all sides have there ups and downs .Dosa has had its share of injuries has have all clubs and i am sure most of the players would be embarassed that has been used as an excuse for the year we have had . I say good luck to sides who have recuited well (as long as there player payments are within the rules) it keeps all sides on there toes , Dosa will bounce back because they have good people around the club and they very rarely have blokes that come for a year and then chase money elsewhere

Fact is, DOSA havent been able to put the same side on the park for 2 weeks in a row once this year.

Has an effect when there are reserve players swinging between both grades, and constantly playing out of position due to injuries and what not in both grades.

I think you will find a full strength DOSA would take it up to the well-paid men at OHA every day of the week.

Im not sure I agree im sure 99% of clubs go through a season with out there best team every week due to injuries, OHA Have had 4-5 of there best 22 out every week, ok differnt players each week but happens to all clubs. I suppose this is where depth comes into it.

And as for a full strenght DOSA matching a full strenght OHA , Mmmm not this year. Im not sure of your sourses and yes OHA are paying more than previous years but not as much as you expect. Its all about finding a good coach with a bit of respect and a few good signings early on and others just turn up. not for money, no this for a fact..........

what is this bash a rooster day ? all sides have there ups and downs .Dosa has had its share of injuries has have all clubs and i am sure most of the players would be embarassed that has been used as an excuse for the year we have had . I say good luck to sides who have recuited well (as long as there player payments are within the rules) it keeps all sides on there toes , Dosa will bounce back because they have good people around the club and they very rarely have blokes that come for a year and then chase money elsewhere

Agree totally, Leave the rooster's alone,a good proud club. I remember At the ships when we kept getting close a few years back but couldn't crack the big one people around and outside the club kept saying, ahhh they drink to much over there and need to become more proffesional, this was true but we all need to remember its old scholars and alot of guys play because its a little more layed back than other leagues. Dosa will bounce back and I think you would find all old scholars clubs have these loyal blokes that dont go looking for money, thats why its been and continues to be a great local comp.

Fact is, DOSA havent been able to put the same side on the park for 2 weeks in a row once this year.

Has an effect when there are reserve players swinging between both grades, and constantly playing out of position due to injuries and what not in both grades.

I think you will find a full strength DOSA would take it up to the well-paid men at OHA every day of the week.

You telling me that Allen, Penwright, Harvey and Rogers aren't getting paid?
I can assure you that only 3 players are receiving money at OHA, picking up a highly respected coach has attracted several
good players who are at the end of there carers and playing for success not money.
Depth is the key to any footy clubs hopes, OHA had McCallum, Dawson (capt) Taylor and Chilcott out on the weekend all in the best 10 players at the club
having the ability to cover these blokes is the difference

I can assure you that only 3 players are receiving money at OHA, picking up a highly respected coach has attracted several
good players who are at the end of there carers and playing for success not money.
Depth is the key to any footy clubs hopes, OHA had McCallum, Dawson (capt) Taylor and Chilcott out on the weekend all in the best 10 players at the club

Never said they werent getting paid mate. You have named the coach and his two assistants out of that four anyway.

I agree with your statement about depth though. DOSA have had an ordinary year, with a lot of middle tier players being injured. This forces players who would normally not be playing senior footy to have to step up, which has a domino effect on matchups etc.

Im not saying it doesnt happen to every club, this is just a reason why DOSA have been having a poor year.

yeah, i don't reckon Mccallum and probert left Clarence for success. What did they win in Mccallums era?? Something like 8 or 9 flags?? Most players would be lucky to play in 1

am actually a DOSA supporter and have been for 20+ years and yes the current crop of players are reasonable as agroup however if you are on the inside it is often hard to recognise what are your strengths and weaknesses. DOSA is a great club and always will be, cash not a huge priority for the group, the Honey's kept going back to DOSA for less coin because they loved the club:thumbsu:

I have watched the current DOSA onballers and they all work hard in spurts and generally in 1 direction. Allen can kick 9 goals but if he cannot get the ball he is wasted, the guy could rotate through the middle and kick 4 a week and he knows it and delivery to Rogers, Honey etc would be better. Good to hear certain onballers fittest at the club, just think about context, DOSA probably 4th fittest club?? how fit are your onballers in the scheme of things? How about taking it this way, extra session are a lifestyle choice, not a reaction to a bad loss, flogging blokes on the track after a loss is so 80's, get in the gym 2/3 times a week and work harder on the track, do something every day. Too late now to start for this season. DOSA will be a force again and have been top 3 consistently more than all other clubs. I'm not bashing just being realistic, wont stop me watching each week;)

yeah, i don't reckon Mccallum and probert left Clarence for success. What did they win in Mccallums era?? Something like 8 or 9 flags?? Most players would be lucky to play in 1

AS has already been said both these guys are towards the end. Probert didn't leave clarence hasn't been there for a few years now. Mccallum wants the get into coaching and like many went away from SFL to have a go at the coaching capper.

SO are you telling me both these guys still playing are'nt looking for success still, get real what do you really expect them to do just play for the fun of it. Why do you think these guys played in so many flags, money or the will to win???????????? we all know clarence are not flush with funds...

If you read my post correctly I said picking up a well respected coach has attracted good players not referring to the coach or his assistant.

Macca won 9 the lucky bastard - I can tell you he still has the hunger and has brought with him a very strong work ethic (hardest preseason/regular season training I've had at OHA) in my many years there.

Probably the main reason OHA are having some success, very strong preseason and spend many Tuesday nights completing tuff gut running exercises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any younger players in reserves that you can see having an impact at senior level in a few years to come?
There are 3 I listed in the post above yours, but there are some others ie: Fielding, Carroll & Ploughman

am actually a DOSA supporter and have been for 20+ years and yes the current crop of players are reasonable as agroup however if you are on the inside it is often hard to recognise what are your strengths and weaknesses. DOSA is a great club and always will be, cash not a huge priority for the group, the Honey's kept going back to DOSA for less coin because they loved the club:thumbsu:

I have watched the current DOSA onballers and they all work hard in spurts and generally in 1 direction. Allen can kick 9 goals but if he cannot get the ball he is wasted, the guy could rotate through the middle and kick 4 a week and he knows it and delivery to Rogers, Honey etc would be better. Good to hear certain onballers fittest at the club, just think about context, DOSA probably 4th fittest club?? how fit are your onballers in the scheme of things? How about taking it this way, extra session are a lifestyle choice, not a reaction to a bad loss, flogging blokes on the track after a loss is so 80's, get in the gym 2/3 times a week and work harder on the track, do something every day. Too late now to start for this season. DOSA will be a force again and have been top 3 consistently more than all other clubs. I'm not bashing just being realistic, wont stop me watching each week;)
2 questions:
If you are a DOSA fan that you claim to be, why would you make your username "DOSACHOKER"? Are you here just to cause trouble or friction?

Secondly how many games do you actually watch? From reading your posts you keep mentioning that they aren't giving Rogers many opportunities to kick goals, when that would be difficult, because he has been playing Full Back the last 2 months...

Are there any younger players in reserves that you can see having an impact at senior level in a few years to come?
M Pace future leader of the club played the last month in the ones
J Claridge tough onball prospect very quick
B Ploughman , J Carrol both tight playing defenders
S Byrne could be a handy big bloke very raw,needs another year to develope
fielding , Rowbottom and Millhouse all very handy onball /utility players

M
Ede can take a grab and kick a goal but is still learning

AS has already been said both these guys are towards the end. Probert didn't leave clarence hasn't been there for a few years now. Mccallum wants the get into coaching and like many went away from SFL to have a go at the coaching capper.

SO are you telling me both these guys still playing are'nt looking for success still, get real what do you really expect them to do just play for the fun of it. Why do you think these guys played in so many flags, money or the will to win???????????? we all know clarence are not flush with funds...

1) Pretty sure probert played at Clarence in 06, because he played on me one game, so that makes it his second year (at the most) that he hasn't played at Clarence.
2) I didn't say they are not looking for success mate, i said they didn't leave Clarence to find it.
3) wouldn't know how much money Clarence have, and i would suggest that you wouldn't either.

If you read my post correctly I said picking up a well respected coach has attracted good players not referring to the coach or his assistant.

Macca won 9 the lucky bastard - I can tell you he still has the hunger and has brought with him a very strong work ethic (hardest preseason/regular season training I've had at OHA) in my many years there.

Probably the main reason OHA are having some success, very strong preseason and spend many Tuesday nights completing tuff gut running exercises.

Good luck to you. He was always going to be a good pick up as a coach and player. Professional bloke from a professional side. I don't know how OHA played last year, but this year their game style is very similiar to Clarence.

M Pace future leader of the club played the last month in the ones
J Claridge tough onball prospect very quick
B Ploughman , J Carrol both tight playing defenders
S Byrne could be a handy big bloke very raw,needs another year to develope
fielding , Rowbottom and Millhouse all very handy onball /utility players

M
Ede can take a grab and kick a goal but is still learning
The same M Pace that got dropped last night :eek:

1) Pretty sure probert played at Clarence in 06, because he played on me one game, so that makes it his second year (at the most) that he hasn't played at Clarence.
2) I didn't say they are not looking for success mate, i said they didn't leave Clarence to find it.
3) wouldn't know how much money Clarence have, and i would suggest that you wouldn't either.

Probert did play at Clarence in 06, spent 07 at Cygnet but played in Qld for 2-3 seasons before that and has played in 3 maybe 4 flags at Clarence.

1)Jesus, does it really matter that much to you, k 07 clarence and left to play at cygnet and then followed another mate to OHA

2) No as already stated numerous times they left because age had caught up with them, and who stops looking for success? how many times are we going to go around in circles.

3) Ummm you are wrong again.

1)Jesus, does it really matter that much to you, k 07 clarence and left to play at cygnet and then followed another mate to OHA

2) No as already stated numerous times they left because age had caught up with them, and who stops looking for success? how many times are we going to go around in circles.

3) Ummm you are wrong again.

Sorry i didn't realise i was dealing with the Clarence treasurer:rolleyes: Get off your high horse!!

The same M Pace that got dropped last night :eek:
that suprises me ,seemed like a good match up for one of thier tall forwards. Has he been training ,is it another reason that we would not know about ? his last month has been good from what ive seen and heard

that suprises me ,seemed like a good match up for one of thier tall forwards. Has he been training ,is it another reason that we would not know about ? his last month has been good from what ive seen and heard

I'm surprised at hearing this also. Thought his good form over the last month seemed to have cemented him a spot in the side. Some big ins for DOSA this week??

He was definitely at training last night, and it seems he just isn't good enough..
To answer your question Monna yes there are a few inclusions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back