Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid foot solider. I get a bit nervous with ball in his hand but you couldnt ask for much more than what he is giving us.
With Pendles out and Nick quiet I was nervous when all of them had the ball in hand today. Adelaide defended really well. It was a case of are we going to try to spot up someone and have it intercepted or kick it down the line for them to mark. Absolutely no idea how we won - they flogged us really. Oleg went ok in a game where we just couldn't move the footy.

It's a me!
tom hardy bronson GIF

Making a few people on here look stupid. Doing a great job while we have a few out injured.
Joke's on him, I already looked stupid!

Very happy he's doing well, and hoped he was a good prospect from the start: hearing that the Blues were swooping was upsetting but its worked out well

Love his 'stache ... looks like someone pulled him out of the 1896 Collingwood Team photo or some late 19th century picture.

But his story is another inspiring one. We had Mason on 60 Minutes here in the USA, this past Sunday, and now Oleg's story in the AFL article, as he continues to make solid progress in making a case to raise his hand every week for the final 23. The coach, the players, the captain, the team ... a unified group with a single-minded sense of purpose. Oleg may get bumped out of the 23, as players return from injury, but the depth he represents is going to pay huge dividends later on in the season when the bench will be needed again and he'll be battle tested and sometimes all you need is someone who can hold the fort down; Oleg has proven he can do that.

But again, another product of our Head Coach who is orchestrating what could become a Magpie season for the ages if this keeps playing out as it has been. A bit too soon to start thinking in those terms, but let's if Oleg is selected for the big payback match against Sydney at the G.

Peace!

With Pendles out and Nick quiet I was nervous when all of them had the ball in hand today. Adelaide defended really well. It was a case of are we going to try to spot up someone and have it intercepted or kick it down the line for them to mark. Absolutely no idea how we won - they flogged us really. Oleg went ok in a game where we just couldn't move the footy.
No argument.

It will be very different next time at the G.

I'm alone too and have been for great slabs of my 69 years.

But the friends I made were strong and decent - sadly last close friend died 19 years ago.
Its ironic in a time where the ability to communicate, to connect with all sorts of people and to physically visit them is at a precedent so many are alone. I have just spend a period of time in Canberra, with ANZAC memorial type stuff going on, war stuff where mateship seemed paramount amongst people who in theory had much less time or ability to know each other. Makes you wonder what friends are made of, or more relevantly by. I have had many acquaintances but very few friends Jonbe, so lucky my wife is one of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back