Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn gets: Stephens, 41 and 50
Collingwood gets: Mitchell, 25
Geelong gets: Henry

Honestly if weve given stephens and 25 with nothing back thats a lot (surprised we didnt move sav instead but we lack kpd depth and i can see why gametime at hawks would appeal to cooper). Happy to have henry though i was always confident hed get done.

So waiting for someone to confirm. Was it the following?

Cats lose Stephens and 25 for Henry, Hawks get Stephens for Mitchell and Pies got Mitchell and 25 for Henry?

Of course you lose on that any young player who would want to go will know be having 2nd thoughts, have you done Mitchell deal yet?
I'm not following you. Players choose clubs that they want to get in to, not many are going to care if that club doesn't take unders in trade when they want to get out. Players don't want to go to the draft or back to the same club with their tails between their legs. The unsuccessful buyer is more damaged. It's why when if you watched that doco last year, where Collingwood and Essendon were both keen on Bobby Hill. Hill wanted Collingwood, but Wright learnt what GWS and backed out. Doro got aHill to nominate Essendon and then Hill was left to front up at GWS. You get some big wins with the Dodoro approach. But you lose in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well.. loved Ollie.

All the best

We effectively got Mitchell and 25 for Henry. We were going to pay 27 for him and instead of getting 25 and 33 from the Cats, we effectively got 25 and kept 27. Take that.

so, we gave up cooper stephens for free?

would have rathered not get Henry tbh.
You ended up paying 25 and Stephens for Henry.

I think everyone kind of wins. Good trade.

Not Hawthorn.

Stephens is by far the worst player in the deal and they got two useless late picks with him.

Henry is extremely talented. Titch is still very good in the right role. Stephens meh

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back