Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would've thought Geelong would be accused of low balling by offering up more for Henry then what the pies accepted for Grundy? It's a strange strange world this one.

Pick 38 was offered.

Grundy contract is stupid, I would have loved to keep him but a ruck on that money for next 6 years is stupid.

Geelong won a flag with Stanley and I could argue Stanley is a better mark then Grundy up forward.

Wish him the best.

He made the decision before he spoke to us. If you have a time machine handy we can go back and break causality. It would be cool if I can borrow it for a bit longer to kill Hitler when he was just a shitty artist too, if you don't mind?
Back To The Future GIF

I thought Collingwood fans were screaming their **** off that there WASN'T any salary cap problem at the Pies, no 'dumping' was required, and they'd be perfectly happy to keep him?

We don't have a salary cap issue.

Pies just didn't want a Ruck on 900k a year for next 6 years what can't you understand?

Pies sold him for unders to remove themselves from the contract it's going to happen more and more with teams.

It's a new world.

Longmire copped a lot of crap for his terrible selections in the granny, but at least they made it to the big dance. You really have to wonder whether McRae is still having nightmares about his selection choices that saw them knocked out by a goal twice.
Don’t be silly, when you’re losing by a kick or less, generally selections isn’t the issue, especially if the result could’ve easily gone the other way.

You’re rewriting history to suit your narrative by saying Henry playing would’ve won Collingwood the game.

Longmire copped a lot of crap for his terrible selections in the granny, but at least they made it to the big dance. You really have to wonder whether McRae is still having nightmares about his selection choices that saw them knocked out by a goal twice.
Don't think so. We went so much further than anyone, esp Pies fans, thought. It was a great year. I would never have said that before. Fly did really well and made so many right decisions. Luck ran hugely our way all year so no way could he have regrets

Who would've thought Geelong would be accused of low balling by offering up more for Henry then what the pies accepted for Grundy? It's a strange strange world this one.
Who’d have thought Geelong supporters would genuinely believe their own drivel about not low balling the Magpies after offering the Giants pick 18 for Bruhn. It’s a strange strange world this one.

My point being you lost any point of difference to attract players compared to the five other clubs you share it with. In an overcrowded market you have nothing to offer that says come play for Collingwood over any other club.
How about playing for the largest drawing and most famous football club in Australia? I don’t think that is a major problem at all. Geelong has been exceptional in making themselves a destination club through being well run and building a strong culture but in terms of natural destination clubs there’s none with a bigger natural advantage than us. Playing at the MCG enhances that. Lots of players want to play in front of big crowds every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Collingwood fans were screaming their **** off that there WASN'T any salary cap problem at the Pies, no 'dumping' was required, and they'd be perfectly happy to keep him?
Is it really that difficult for you to comprehend?

Hawks are dumping Mitchell’s contract. Do they have a salary cap problem in your eyes?

Ollie is neither here nor there nor anybloodywhere.. here's P25 + 33. He's just your standard Karnezis type man.. we're giving you overs.. that'll do.. they then get him right and that man.. and it's like.. the very next second and that man.. he magically transforms into like this.... Alexander-Arnold type and that man. And that Mack is off celebrating at the gee-gees man.

Forget about 25 + 33 man.

Not happening man.

Last edited:
Who’d have thought Geelong supporters would genuinely believe their own drivel about not low balling the Magpies after offering the Giants pick 18 for Bruhn. It’s a strange strange world this one.
So Geelong rate Bruhn higher than Henry. He was picked earlier in the draft, played more games and was playing AFL late in the year while Henry was dropped. Why would pick 18 for Bruhn and pick 25 for Henry be unreasonable?

So Geelong rate Bruhn higher than Henry. He was picked earlier in the draft, played more games and was playing AFL late in the year while Henry was dropped. Why would pick 18 for Bruhn and pick 25 for Henry be unreasonable?
One is a midfielder, and one is a forward. Is it seriously that difficult for you to comprehend the reason why one would’ve played more than the other?

If you genuinely believe Henry isn’t worth a first round pick, you really should watch more footy and less time trolling on here.

Wowee, we’ve now got some Geelong supporters arguing and actually believing some premierships are worth more than others 🤦🏽‍♂️ I thought Collingwood had the nuffies.

25 is not enough. Look at the Clark trade last year where it wasn't enough and Henry has gotten more game time than Clark did and shown more.

Geelong need to cough up after getting a lot of great deals already this trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back