Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think we will be seeing Garlett in the yellow and black or many Melbourne based players for a few years. It will be glaringly obvious if clubs are cheating the cap.

Clubs may need to follow the Ammo route and start getting players jobs to move to the region rather than paying them just to travel up for game day.

If the season started in Mid July it’s possible the League would consider a season where everyone plays each other just once and then the season might only have to stretch out to October.

With the reduction in the salary cap do we all think the league will even out a little more? Hopefully a few more players from the district leagues will venture in as they won’t be getting ridiculous offers to stay out bush

With the reduction in the salary cap do we all think the league will even out a little more? Hopefully a few more players from the district leagues will venture in as they won’t be getting ridiculous offers to stay out bush

But would they play for $0 at an OM club cause their salary cap will be less too wouldn’t ?

I think that could happen. O&M Clubs will not be able to afford the big Melbourne Recruits and will have to focus on the kids in the Bush. Those kids won’t be getting big money in the Hume and Tallangatta Leagues any more so the motivation will be to play better football and possibly some work opportunities. Exactly how it was before money took over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Albury will struggle to attract players, as they have an extremely poor reputation. Lavington ahead of the game, they looked for locals beforehand, and won a premiership with out ridiculous signings.
Be very interesting to see how the Rovers hold up in the next 24 months. Cresswell won’t stick around if his pockets aren’t getting lined.

Last edited:
I think that could happen. O&M Clubs will not be able to afford the big Melbourne Recruits and will have to focus on the kids in the Bush. Those kids won’t be getting big money in the Hume and Tallangatta Leagues any more so the motivation will be to play better football and possibly some work opportunities. Exactly how it was before money took over.
This can work but promote it. Make it appealing for clubs to recruit players from out that way.
The point system may have changed I’m not sure but I don’t see why a 21 year old kid from HFL or TDFL should be worth 4 points to go to the O&M
Make them 2 points max and make it attractive for both players and clubs

This can work but promote it. Make it appealing for clubs to recruit players from out that way.
The point system may have changed I’m not sure but I don’t see why a 21 year old kid from HFL or TDFL should be worth 4 points to go to the O&M
Or just get local players .

The reason for it is it is a two way street. Generally you would find the 21 year old being recruited would be in their local clubs best couple of players. To replace him, clubs would in theory have to recruit an O&M player also drawing similar points. It prevents O&M clubs getting too many of these talented youngsters.

The reason for it is it is a two way street. Generally you would find the 21 year old being recruited would be in their local clubs best couple of players. To replace him, clubs would in theory have to recruit an O&M player also drawing similar points. It prevents O&M clubs getting too many of these talented youngsters.
That’s ridiculous to say you need another o&m player to replace him, that line of thinking is what’s caused problems. You replace him with the most talented u/18 player or a twos player that’s just missing out on a senior game each week. Good clubs and coaches will always encourage guys to play at a higher level. The two way street comes in to play when guys like Thompson and Powell don’t hesitate to return to their junior clubs, and will happily take far less money.

Here’s a question for the forum-

If there was a footballer, netballer or a coach of your club who was caught breaching the Covid-19 social isolation laws, what would the appropriate punishment be?

That’s ridiculous to say you need another o&m player to replace him, that line of thinking is what’s caused problems. You replace him with the most talented u/18 player or a twos player that’s just missing out on a senior game each week. Good clubs and coaches will always encourage guys to play at a higher level. The two way street comes in to play when guys like Thompson and Powell don’t hesitate to return to their junior clubs, and will happily take far less money.
That isn't my thinking, that came directly from an official,an AFL Victoria official a couple of years ago. That is why the bush kids are 3 points (often 4 as generally they are B&F winners, leading goalkickers or top 5 in league B&F.) I will disagree with your line that you replace him with an under 18 or reserve player. What the line of thinking is to replace this local who is bound for O&M, talent wise and for immediate impact as the local leaving was giving, you would require an O&M player which does make sense.

Here’s a question for the forum-

If there was a footballer, netballer or a coach of your club who was caught breaching the Covid-19 social isolation laws, what would the appropriate punishment be?
A verbal warning imho

Don’t think we will be seeing Garlett in the yellow and black or many Melbourne based players for a few years. It will be glaringly obvious if clubs are cheating the cap.

He might not have been in yellow and black, but he was in hi-vis orange at the sportsground yesterday. Just as someone said about the ammo league. Get them employment and they will still come........ can't wait to read the shit canning of Joss group that follows anything that isn't a scandal at Tigerland.

He might not have been in yellow and black, but he was in hi-vis orange at the sportsground yesterday. Just as someone said about the ammo league. Get them employment and they will still come........ can't wait to read the shit canning of Joss group that follows anything that isn't a scandal at Tigerland.
In the high vis? Must be gearing up to mend a few fences and enjoy the culture around tiger land. Receiving $100,000 a year to do nothing at work would be a pretty hard offer to refuse I guess, doesn’t interfere with the cap, happy days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back