Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of movement happening for this time of the year! Have also heard Ellard has had a run in with another player at myrtleford and may be on the move?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a couple of rumours recently which sound intriguing. Garlett apparently received sign on fees from multiple clubs before committing to Albury. More to play out.
Also hearing Taylor Hunt over playing footy, will most likely play just home games at Myrt and possibly travel for a chunk of the season. As always, just gossip, who knows of it’s true.
Myrt still flag favourites for mine, with or without Hunt

The rumours are true!

Heard a couple of rumours recently which sound intriguing. Garlett apparently received sign on fees from multiple clubs before committing to Albury. More to play out.
Also hearing Taylor Hunt over playing footy, will most likely play just home games at Myrt and possibly travel for a chunk of the season. As always, just gossip, who knows of it’s true.
Myrt still flag favourites for mine, with or without Hunt

The rumours are true!

I wonder why either club would bother . Unless Hunt had purchased land in the ovens valley and moved here? Not sure how sponsors see how their $ are spent? Not sure Myrtleford wouldn't get better value out of rotating a few young players through . Even 16 , 17 yo , of which they have a few with ability. Present Nth Melb captain played by his club at a young age. ( cheaper up front , and can't run a bar tab ). As for Wang Rovers? Learn from history?The story there will be ( round 1 , 2 , 3 ) how many of the starting 21 live and work in Wang.

I wonder why either club would bother . Unless Hunt had purchased land in the ovens valley and moved here? Not sure how sponsors see how their $ are spent? Not sure Myrtleford wouldn't get better value out of rotating a few young players through . Even 16 , 17 yo , of which they have a few with ability. Present Nth Melb captain played by his club at a young age. ( cheaper up front , and can't run a bar tab ). As for Wang Rovers? Learn from history?The story there will be ( round 1 , 2 , 3 ) how many of the starting 21 live and work in Wang.

$$$ has changed the landscape of country footy for the worse. For Albury to land Garlett given his current situation screams desperation to me. There is no way either hunt or Garlett would be coming up the Hume each week for anything short of $1300-1500 a week. As a club pushing for silver-wear, sponsors wouldn’t care where there hard earned is going as long as they can see success at the end of the day. Players like these two will not bring any long term success and between the two of them I’d be willing to put considerable amounts of money that they will not play more than 20 games between them.

$$$ has changed the landscape of country footy for the worse. For Albury to land Garlett given his current situation screams desperation to me. There is no way either hunt or Garlett would be coming up the Hume each week for anything short of $1300-1500 a week. As a club pushing for silver-wear, sponsors wouldn’t care where there hard earned is going as long as they can see success at the end of the day. Players like these two will not bring any long term success and between the two of them I’d be willing to put considerable amounts of money that they will not play more than 20 games between them.

Garletts situation?

I wonder if they said that when Bobby rose came up Wang straight after Collingwood, where he was paid more than at Collingwood🤔🤔🤔🤔

Money has been in country footy for a long time, however in the past, most was spent on the coach only and they moved to the area.

Today most guys are not committed who get paid to travel they are simply involved at the club and that's it

I wonder if they said that when Bobby rose came up Wang straight after Collingwood, where he was paid more than at Collingwood🤔🤔🤔🤔

Money has been in country footy for a long time, however in the past, most was spent on the coach only and they moved to the area.

Today most guys are not committed who get paid to travel they are simply involved at the club and that's it
The difference now to the period when Bobby Rose came would be that back then he would have been one of only 2 or 3 paid players (if that).
Now everybody gets paid and in most cases, more than what they should. Even 3rds kids quite often make pay demands to stay at the club. It’s got out of hand.
I heard Wodonga Bulldogs have offered all their 3rds kids from last year a minimum of $175 to sign and more to sign for multiple years.
Money is ruining country footy

Garlett to the Tigers ,,,, well for a guy delisted only last season and go and play in the NTFL in their season ,, he has done very little considering he should be dominating in this comp. Ive watched his last 2 finals games on NITV and he has been very ordinary which totally takes away the report in todays border mail by his club coach whom stated he has been a gun player especially in the finals games thus far this season in the NTFL .
Big call by the Tigers to go down this track with this player,,, in saying that ,, who knows,, he may well turn it on for the Tigers ,,, we wait and see hey !!!

Garlett to the Tigers ,,,, well for a guy delisted only last season and go and play in the NTFL in their season ,, he has done very little considering he should be dominating in this comp. Ive watched his last 2 finals games on NITV and he has been very ordinary which totally takes away the report in todays border mail by his club coach whom stated he has been a gun player especially in the finals games thus far this season in the NTFL .
Big call by the Tigers to go down this track with this player,,, in saying that ,, who knows,, he may well turn it on for the Tigers ,,, we wait and see hey !!!
My thoughts exactly. Stats are very hard to go off but I was thinking a 30 year old (still young) who won an AFL Club Goalkicking Award just over 2 seasons ago should be dominating. In 6 of his 11 games for Southern Districts he kicked one or no goals playing mainly as a Forward. Hope he can find good form here because he would be good to watch in full flight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back