Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I personaly rate the night fixture, gives parents and ex players who are involved in the lesser leagues a chance to get into town and catch afew games. Has always helped bring is some fairly sizable crowds in my experience, plus the bar taking tends to be colossal. That said once you get the reputation for either having poor lights or running out of cans i can see the numbers dropping off (ie Raiders last week).

I also see it being a long year ahead, no thrill in going to the footy to see a massacre each week. Just hope Myrt and Albury improve dramatically when they get thier best teams on the park for the sake of seeing some decent footy.

With the animals on the park, most analytical minds saw the pies as a 10 goal better team. Sadly the cancer that was created by the knuckle draggers pulling the strings has come back with a vengeance today and caused a capitulation.

With the animals on the park, most analytical minds saw the pies as a 10 goal better team. Sadly the cancer that was created by the knuckle draggers pulling the strings has come back with a vengeance today and caused a capitulation.
Are you saying there’s an issue behind the scenes?

notes for the game

-josh porter couldn't get a kick against a player in his second game.
-there is a reason afl/vfl teams don't play tall sides
-ab ankers and tyler roos are on their own level in the comp
-tys hartwig is still the player he was
-ryan stone is not the player he used to be
-both sides had quality young players that held their own
-newton still injury prone
-marklew and bordinong was a quality match up
-ben speight no where to be seen
-ryan hebron is a quality utility
-magpies lack midfield depth
-Unbelievable game of football no matter who wins and it's exactly how any country football supporter should want the game played

The coach has genuine faith that he can take the club forward. Just the pissants behind the scences cause some nightmares... Whether any of them should be there at all is another question 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

notes for the game

-josh porter couldn't get a kick against a player in his second game.
-there is a reason afl/vfl teams don't play tall sides
-ab ankers and tyler roos are on their own level in the comp
-tys hartwig is still the player he was
-ryan stone is not the player he used to be
-both sides had quality young players that held their own
-newton still injury prone
-marklew and bordinong was a quality match up
-ben speight no where to be seen
-ryan hebron is a quality utility
-magpies lack midfield depth
-Unbelievable game of football no matter who wins and it's exactly how any country football supporter should want the game played
I have been quietly wondering how the magpies forward line would function with the 3 big talls. No doubt the pies are pretty Reid conscious at the moment which is limiting Newton’s opportunities compared to previous years.
Will Porter will need to be able to play Key back? or Reid might be deployed their at some stage to give better balance across the ground because Reid, Porter, Newton, Moore and Leitch all in the ruck/forward mix leaves them very tall forward of centre and a bit undersized in the back half.
also means less running types to go through the midfield.

I have been quietly wondering how the magpies forward line would function with the 3 big talls. No doubt the pies are pretty Reid conscious at the moment which is limiting Newton’s opportunities compared to previous years.
Will Porter will need to be able to play Key back? or Reid might be deployed their at some stage to give better balance across the ground because Reid, Porter, Newton, Moore and Leitch all in the ruck/forward mix leaves them very tall forward of centre and a bit undersized in the back half.
also means less running types to go through the midfield.
I've stated before that its easy to exploit a tall side and I would doubt porter will be in their best side moving forward

Just an outsider looking in at the league as a pies man, been following Reidy’s progress since retiring.

Why would the Magpies not deploy Reid across half back? He won a premiership at 21, was named as the AA CHB at 22. He made his calling in that role. I know it would be the very flashy and prize winning move to play him forward but Reid isn’t winning a goal kicking award at country level imo, he’s not a huge goal kicker. Teams will double and triple team him and the team itself will become too Reid focused because of his name and it won’t work, however he could easily dominate the air and by foot across half back.

I can see they also have Newton and Moore, surely that would suffice as forwards? Interesting strategy anyway . I would 100% sure up the backline with Reid across there.

Just an outsider looking in at the league as a pies man, been following Reidy’s progress since retiring.

Why would the Magpies not deploy Reid across half back? He won a premiership at 21, was named as the AA CHB at 22. He made his calling in that role. I know it would be the very flashy and prize winning move to play him forward but Reid isn’t winning a goal kicking award at country level imo, he’s not a huge goal kicker. Teams will double and triple team him and the team itself will become too Reid focused because of his name and it won’t work, however he could easily dominate the air and by foot across half back.

I can see they also have Newton and Moore, surely that would suffice as forwards? Interesting strategy anyway . I would 100% sure up the backline with Reid across there.

why would a bloke who has basically chased an opponent all his career at the elite level come back to country footy and want to play in defence?? Let him enjoy having someone try to stop him

why would a bloke who has basically chased an opponent all his career at the elite level come back to country footy and want to play in defence?? Let him enjoy having someone try to stop him

As I said it’s the predictable move and the one everyone expects but to the detriment of the team.

He’d make Wang a far stronger side across CHB. He’d take intercept marks galore and set them up amazing going back the other way. Just my opinion of course but Reid is no forward. Only reason he ever tried the position was because Collingwood were in dire straits for options, not because Reid was any good at it.

Let me try and understand what your saying.. Reid should do what he wants because of what he’s done in the past and it suits him. Not because it’s good for the team he’s currently playing for? Amazing.

Let me try and understand what your saying.. Reid should do what he wants because of what he’s done in the past and it suits him. Not because it’s good for the team he’s currently playing for? Amazing.

Get a grip mate...it’s O&m footy

im sure it was discussed before he agreed to play for the season that he would play as a forward and that why he’s happy to play.

not sure how many ex AFL players you have played with at country level but the ones I have especially those who were defenders really wanted the freedom to play on ball or forward.

lets not forget Reid was a very capable AFL forward when played there and would kick bags of goals in any country league

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back