Autopsy OMG I only saw the last 5 mins but...We won!

Remove this Banner Ad

16 pages in now, not sure who'll read this but anyway, here are my thoughts of the game in dot point form.

• Treloar is a gun. Wants to win, gets in everything, so so glad we have him.
  • Fasolo, dare I speculate? Has he finally managed to put it all together? He's been teasing for five years, this could be it!
  • Reid back is massive, but I think he needs a few more games to settle in. A few very minor composure errors last night but he's still so damn good.
  • Something is not quite right with Pendles. Gee I hope he can get back to his best. Is captaincy taking it's toll? I think there's a mental aspect to his game at the moment, niggles have never bothered him before.
  • Blair, Ramsay, Marley, Adams, Brown, Greenwood, De Goey, Oxley and even Sinclair all tried hard last night. They had their off moments and made their mistakes but the effort was there.
  • Our kick ins are atrocious at the moment. There doesn't seem to be any set up other than the get out kick to the big guy on the boundary line, 60m out.
  • Gault has got to go. He was rubbish last night. Panicked every time it came near him. I'd rather White to be perfectly honest.
  • Aish was barely sighted. Kicked a nice goal but needs to do more.
  • I just feel so sorry for Cloke. You can see how hard he tries. He's been a colossus for us but no longer. I want him to get back to his best, but I just can't see it happening.
Above all, underneath all the rubbish decisions and poorly executed skills, I saw some desire (more than I can say from last week). I get the feeling this is about putting it all together. This team will need time to gel together. And those last five minutes showed that with time, things will come together. It was a team effort, no one gave up. No one was missing in that last effort, It was all about the win. That level of desire will allow this team to gel and become a unit. Add in Varcoe, Sidebottom, hopefully Swan and maybe Howe or Elliott and we'll be seeing something pretty special building.

Also, WHY THE **** CAN'T ANYONE TOUCH DUSTIN ****ING MARTIN? Oh my God that frustrated me last night. Can't understand it. That ****ing fend off.

My Thoughts:

• Trelor had another Big Game and Helped us to win. Did well with the Tiger Fan Booed Him(Racist;)). Kicking Effecency was Down but He just Willed the Team on
  • Moore was our Best Tall Forward. Did not have Great Delivery so did not get Big Numbers but Had Impact.
  • Gault does not look anywhere near a AFL Player. Looked like he had no Idea when he had the Ball
  • Fasolo pretty much won us with his 6 Goals
  • Our Ball Use was Disguising. Missed so many Targets
  • Ramsey had a Real Good Game
  • Oxley also Quietly had a good game. Used the Ball well
  • Reid make big Difference with his Ball Use out of the Backline
  • Got Smashed in the Clearances and that have to be Improved upon
  • Was Great to Stick it up Richmond after all there Bitching about them Missing Treloar
  • Aish was very Quiet for 3 Qtrs but had good last qtr

My Thoughts:

• Trelor had another Big Game and Helped us to win. Did well with the Tiger Fan Booed Him(Racist;)). Kicking Effecency was Down but He just Willed the Team on
  • Moore was our Best Tall Forward. Did not have Great Delivery so did not get Big Numbers but Had Impact.
  • Gault does not look anywhere near a AFL Player. Looked like he had no Idea when he had the Ball
  • Fasolo pretty much won us with his 6 Goals
  • Our Ball Use was Disguising. Missed so many Targets
  • Ramsey had a Real Good Game
  • Oxley also Quietly had a good game. Used the Ball well
  • Reid make big Difference with his Ball Use out of the Backline
  • Got Smashed in the Clearances and that have to be Improved upon
  • Was Great to Stick it up Richmond after all there Bitching about them Missing Treloa

Great post except I thought the Ox was good. Skills so absolute sh^&&house thou and wonder how that will all work come the business end.

Ce9ZpIsUkAA6sl0.jpg:large

Good win. Loved the work of Reid, Fasolo and Treloar who were all great. Just frustrating seeing those basic little errors which hurt us. Much, much better than last week.

My son had a great view of the game and yes he's a Pies supporter too.

12928165_10153725276783227_6240413476536845777_n.jpg

I haven't watched the replay but I thought that Cloke played a very serviceable game. his goal on his right foot was a revelation, not many of those.

On more than one occasion he was out on his own and if the players upfield had just looked up a bit more, he would have been in a very good position to kick more goals.

He clunked a couple on long leads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I think everybody missed in all the excitement was Pendles taking one of the absolute finest hangers you're every likely to see out on the wing with about 6:00 left in the 4th quarter - you can catch this hidden gem from about 1:30 in the Buckley presser video on the AFL website.

Have just started to watch the replay, gee Reid is a clever player. Just hunts the ball and possibly next to Pendles is our most skilful player.

That makes him a super important player

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy OMG I only saw the last 5 mins but...We won!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back