FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Caroline seems capable of acknowledging an error of judgment.

Seems that some of her "topics" have a bit to learn, as does Robbo.

Thoroughly enjoying Mike's interview with Caro tonight.
Yep very good.

Like her or hate her I think you have to admire that she stands by her convictions.
Also impressed to see her comfortably admit she was wrong with the Hird being sacked story... especially in comparison 24 hours after watching the Robbo back pedal scramble show on 360 last night

The HSun offered Caro the CCP? So that's Barrett and Caro they offered it to before Robbo. Wowee.

Think they put it on gumtree before Robbo got it

Did they offer it to Barrett? I was under the impression that they gave it to Robbo, causing Barrett to have a monumental hissy and leave.
I've heard they offered it to Barrett. But that was ages ago and I could be completely wrong. I was under the impression the reason Robbo loathes Barrett is because he was offered the CCP first.

Did they offer it to Barrett? I was under the impression that they gave it to Robbo, causing Barrett to have a monumental hissy and leave.
I reckon I'd heard they offered it to Purple as well

I've heard they offered it to Barrett. But that was ages ago and I could be completely wrong. I was under the impression the reason Robbo loathes Barrett is because he was offered the CCP first.
I reckon I'd heard they offered it to Purple as well

Cheers gents. Definitely something worth researching further, interesting stuff. Either way, it has become apparent why Robbo was 2nd or 3rd in line at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had the pleasure, through a footy club night to listen to her journey. What she has had to put up with from the morons she spoke so eloquently about (G Ablett comes to mind, u should listen to the Dipper & Teddy Whitten story) has made her the person she is today. She is as tough as there is and she puts Robbo to shame, talk about who has integrity. Let's be honest, her father wasn't the most gentile type of guy, it's in the genes. You never crossed the old man, ask K Bartlett.

He'd been gone from the HS a year before Robbo was appointed, so it wasn't a hissy fit on Barrett's part. That they tried to get him (Barrett) back wasn't kept a secret on Triple M.

Caro also being offered the role was pretty common knowledge as well.

He'd been gone from the HS a year before Robbo was appointed, so it wasn't a hissy fit on Barrett's part. That they tried to get him (Barrett) back wasn't kept a secret on Triple M.

Caro also being offered the role was pretty common knowledge as well.

The more you know. Ignorance on my part in regards to that whole saga. Good to know, thanks.

Would have liked to have heard more about her climb up through the system rather than rehashing her run ins with Sam Newman and the Jims (Hird and Brayshaw). Whatever you think of her (as a NMFC supporter I'm not a big fan) her success is a massive credit to her.

It wasn't Noddy's finest episode. Caro gave him a couple of light whacks but his giggling when she recalled an offensive remark she got from a Hird supporter was poor.

Caroline seems capable of acknowledging an error of judgment.

Seems that some of her "topics" have a bit to learn, as does Robbo.

It's quite the contrary for me.

IMO, she's almost completely INcapable of acknowledging she ever does anything wrong. What did she acknowledge tonight she'd ever done wrong, other than her (monumental cockup of a) report that Hird had been sacked?

There are a multitude of errors and sins over her career that could have been covered in that interview. Her stories about the Wayne Carey-Kelli Stevens affair were consistently and disgracefully wrong, as one example. Her stories about NM's medical department as another. In fact, there are so many "over the journey" (TM) that it's impossible to even begin remembering them all. And, regardless of how anyone sees the Essendon drugs saga and her role in it, for her to claim she was only ever interested in the welfare of the players is putting an utterly fanciful gloss on what she did.

The whole interview reeked to me of someone who can barely ever admit they're wrong, while hypocritically sitting in judgement and potting many individuals along the way and declaring that they've all been wrong.

She has always struck me as a nasty, self-righteous individual. I was hoping to get a different perspective tonight, but all it did was reinforce my opinion.

Probable ignorant question, and haven't had a chance to watch the ep yet, but what is CCP?
Central Commentary Position. I was just using it to refer to the Chief Football Writer at the HSun. Quicker to type.

I'm really surprised they don't all go for an hour.

I wouldn't mind the occasional Parkinson style show where they bring out 3-4 guests and each stay on after to join the conversation.
A better produced version of last weeks weird dinner special.

I must have stepped into some parallel universe.
When did the love in for Caro commence?
To me she'll always be the cow who drove the agenda to ship my club up to the GC, among other grievances.
Surely Mike could have found someone else more appropriate to dedicate an ep to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back