Game Day Opening Round vs. GWS, Giants Stadium, 7:30pm Sat 09/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe won’t play. That will open the door for Dean alongside frampton. Noble a possibility but with the Giants giant forward line they will stick to three talls.

Reckon macrae will definitely play, possibly in the starting 22. Maybe that means neither of AJ and McInnes get the call up and they just run a small fwd line with the rucks getting less splinters on the bench than usual.

Sub possibly macrae but also beau.

Agree on AJ and Reef. Until they give the impression they are demanding an AFL position, they can spend their time swanning around the VFL forward line. Frampton also gives us the option of using him in the ruck to allow Cox to play forward. I don't mind Frampton playing ruck.
Frampton Played a bit of ruck in the practice match whilst cox was marking strongly. Having a third ruck pinch hit option allows Cameron and cox to play more time forward but without overdoing TOG.

I reckon they will leave both of AJ and Reef out because they want to give Macrae a crack first.

Markov, mccreery, macrae to be shortlisted for sub.

So we can assume the out's so far from our GF side are Ginni, Murphy, Howe & perhaps Pendles?

In : Lippa (was sub in GF), Schultz, Dean & Fin?

Sub : out of AJ/Reef/Harvey

* if Pendles plays, then Fin as the sub.

** but having said all that, I think we'll want to bring in another forward, so forget everything I just wrote because either AJ or Reef need to get in there somehow. So maybe Big Bill out too.

I have no freaking clue, lol.

Howe for Dean is ok, rather have a look first up than later in the year. Good test
Is Howe injured?
Rather Dean against a lower rated side to see what he can do.
You don't rest your best players against a top quality side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we can assume the out's so far from our GF side are Ginni, Murphy, Howe & perhaps Pendles?

In : Lippa (was sub in GF), Schultz, Dean & Fin?

Sub : out of AJ/Reef/Harvey

* if Pendles plays, then Fin as the sub.

** but having said all that, I think we'll want to bring in another forward, so forget everything I just wrote because either AJ or Reef need to get in there somehow. So maybe Big Bill out too.

I have no freaking clue, lol.
Fin would make a good sub. Rest Mitchell at some stage.
Doubting we will have a problem kicking goals.

Fin would make a good sub. Rest Mitchell at some stage.
Doubting we will have a problem kicking goals.
Coxy should be fired up for this game with all the cheek he's been giving them over their ground.

He had a great game against the Tigers in the practice match taking 10 marks. A couple of goals from him too will do nicely.

Lipinski the out replacement noble as sub
I tend to.look at the sub as not part of the 22 and first emergency
Lipinski is safe. Lock him in. Plays his role very well, important as a connector in the chain, strong runner. Noble is more unlikely than likely to play. As romantic as it may be for him to line-up, there are simply others better than him.

If Howe misses I really hope we don't play BOTH Dean and Frampton as backs. I'd much prefer one of them with WHE playing taller down back.
It’ll be one of them. If Framps plays VFL, they might look at him taking the R2/forward role and Begg playing as a permanent defender. That said, Frampton is good cover.

Howe won’t play. That will open the door for Dean alongside frampton. Noble a possibility but with the Giants giant forward line they will stick to three talls.

Reckon macrae will definitely play, possibly in the starting 22. Maybe that means neither of AJ and McInnes get the call up and they just run a small fwd line with the rucks getting less splinters on the bench than usual.

As controversial as this may be, Beau is vulnerable this year. There is no doubt that he is a little bull and good at that. Alone, this is not enough. He either needs to score more goals or accumulate in the midfield. Whilst his pressure acts have been good, he is not unstoppable. His games against North and Richmond was below his best, even for practice.

As controversial as this may be, Beau is vulnerable this year. There is no doubt that he is a little bull and good at that. Alone, this is not enough. He either needs to score more goals or accumulate in the midfield. Whilst his pressure acts have been good, he is not unstoppable. His games against North and Richmond was below his best, even for practice.
I thought that last year. Changed my mind.

Dean & Frampton replacing Howe & Murphy is worrying against an opposition the quality of GWS. It was always going to be a very tough game but we could be in genuine strife now with those backline changes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Howe misses then as suggested above WHE replaces him in defence.

Like some others I have debated whether Johnson even makes the 23 this week but if Howe misses he comes into the 22 to maintain our level of marking presence across the ground.

Macrae takes his place as the 23rd man.

If Howe misses I really hope we don't play BOTH Dean and Frampton as backs. I'd much prefer one of them with WHE playing taller down back.
No chance Dean plays, he’s had barely any match fitness.

Frampton and Moore are as sufficient as we’ll get with our injuries and lack of quality in the key posts. WHE can play back if we need another interceptor.

Win the ball up the ground and it makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back