Game Day Opening Round vs. GWS, Giants Stadium, 7:30pm Sat 09/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you play both Dean and Frampton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't if they don't play a 2nd ruckman, that is, if they pinch hit with someone like Riccardi as their 2nd ruck then I wouldn't play 3 tall backs. Prefer some additional run, e.g., Macrae.

Hogan, Cadman and Riccardi....

3 talls for GWS.
I’d have Toby Greene ahead of Cadman as a tall at this stage of Cadman’s career. Other than the top of his bonce Cadman doesn’t really have anything to his game that Maynard can’t deal with, IMO. The question is more whether they have him or IQ set for Greene.

The question is would they play both, or go with frampton, Moore and have the others play tall.
Its not like Howe was tall and Murphy mid sized, they just played taller.

I personally would prefer we get games into Dean

He's also had Murphy mentoring him on playing to our system

Based on the Richmond game, they also think Dean can play small too. So I'd play all 3. I'd send Frampton to Hogan or Keefe, Moore to Riccardi and Dean to Cadman

I wouldn't if they don't play a 2nd ruckman, that is, if they pinch hit with someone like Riccardi as their 2nd ruck then I wouldn't play 3 tall backs. Prefer some additional run, e.g., Macrae.

Cadman was taking the relief ruck minutes last week. Maybe Frampton takes him and follows him into the ruck whilst Cox and Cameron split forward and ruck.

Dean comes in and takes the other tall and AJ and Reef miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Confident the starting back 6 will be
Quaynor Frampton Maynard
WHE Moore Markov
The 7th defender likely to be a rotation of mids or Noble has a rough chance.

Cadman was taking the relief ruck minutes last week. Maybe Frampton takes him and follows him into the ruck whilst Cox and Cameron split forward and ruck.

Dean comes in and takes the other tall and AJ and Reef miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Don't see any reason to add Frampton to the ruck mix - if we've got Johnson in the side then I'd prefer to ruck either Cameron or Cox for 100% of the game - they're both a better ruck option than Frampton.

I personally would prefer we get games into Dean

He's also had Murphy mentoring him on playing to our system

Based on the Richmond game, they also think Dean can play small too. So I'd play all 3. I'd send Frampton to Hogan or Keefe, Moore to Riccardi and Dean to Cadman
Dean needs a few consecutive VFL games under his belt before he gets a gig. I don't think you can throw him into the deep end based on his form in one half of a practice match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean needs a few consecutive VFL games under his belt before he gets a gig. I don't think you can throw him into the deep end based on his form in one half of a practice match.
He's a mature body with exposure to senior football over a number of seasons (albeit injured for much of this time) and has basically played as much practice match time as anyone this immediate pre-season, having done all the work required. Time to give him a run when the opposition has several talls.

Do you play both Dean and Frampton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.

As far as I’m aware Dean has had a full preseason on top of a month of competitive football late in last years VFL. He has to play his first game at some stage, no time like the present

Both Frampton and Dean haha. Not a chance. Dean got the nob this afternoon behind closed doors.

Ahh I thought I read it was three…. Nevertheless a full preseason is a big tick
Would have been nice, he got special permission to even play the 1, it was the elimination final v willy.
Given you usually wouldn't be allowed to play at any level if you are on the LT1 list.

But yeah, he has had a good pre-season, but fact still remains is that he has played 1 VFL game + 1 (via richmond) compeitive game of footy in two years. Thats just my concern. But we'll trust the coaches, if they think he is ready. He will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back