Game Day Opening Round vs. GWS, Giants Stadium, 7:30pm Sat 09/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Frampton and Dean haha. Not a chance. Dean got the nob this afternoon behind closed doors.
Wouldn’t be so sure that Dean will play. Match committee is yet to sit, teams have NOT been decided. Dean won’t have been told anything. This “closed” doors rubbish is you speculating. He might debut but he doesn’t know it at the present time. Your track record recently hasn’t been great.

From GF side.

INS: Schultz, Macrae, Johnson
OUTS: Ginnivan, Howe, Murphy

Frampton back.

B - Maynard Frampton Quaynor
HB - Markov Moore Crisp
C - J.Daicos DeGoey Sidebottom
HF - McCreery Mihocek Hill
F - Elliott Johnson Schultz
R - Cameron/Cox N.Daicos Pendlebury
INT - Mitchell Cox/Cameron Lipinski WHE Macrae

From GF side.

Frampton back.

HB - Markov Moore Crisp
If Pendlebury is out, Sullivan might debut, possibly as sub. He played very well against Richmond, rated highly internally. Media is reporting Noble as an option but not too convinced he slots back in straight away.

Are these two clear best 22 players for them? Despite our prelim with them I still don't know their list very well
Not names I recognise straight off the bat. But one off the backline and one off the bench. Both had handy stats for the game. So at bare minimal they both played in the Prelim in a team that pushed us to the edge.

From GF side.

Frampton back.

HB - Markov Moore Crisp
Maybe Pendles missing too. Knee. Fitness test Thursday.

Jack Crisp ?
Maybe
If Maynard takes Toby Greene then Quaynor and Markov take their 2 gun smalls in Bedford and Daniels
Leaving Moore plus Frampton or Dean to take Hogan and Riccardi

The defence then short a tall to cover Brown/Cadman/Keeffe

Maybe Crisp back and Finlay mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pendlebury is out, Sullivan might debut, possibly as sub. He played very well against Richmond, rated highly internally. Media is reporting Noble as an option but not too convinced he slots back in straight away.
I wouldnt be shocked on the noble option especially with the smalls GWS have. And he's had a very good summer, so he'd be in the mix. It'll just be what the type of set up they want.

Plus need a decent sized defender for Cal Brown who is about 190 and 90
You can look at it that way. Players bring strengths and weaknesses and I think we are best served selecting based on strategy and player availability. No point playing an untried third tall, just to match up better height wise. Possession is mainly won at ground level, so picking a smaller more nimble back line gives you an advantage the other way.

I’d be happy to go with two bone fide talls in Frampton and Moore, then play Maynard on the third tall and WHE as the Howe interceptor. This makes us very potent in terms of clearing the ball out of defence. Offensive stems from Defence these days, so quick transition is better than playing an untried Dean.

Murphy isn’t a tall either, has long arms, but not a proper tall. We won a premiership with him playing that role. Maynard is very good with body use, there are other ways to win aerial contests…otherwise Cox would mark everything.

You can look at it that way. Players bring strengths and weaknesses and I think we are best served selecting based on strategy and player availability. No point playing an untried third tall, just to match up better height wise. Possession is mainly won at ground level, so picking a smaller more nimble back line gives you an advantage the other way.

I’d be happy to go with two bone fide talls in Frampton and Moore, then play Maynard on the third tall and WHE as the Howe interceptor. This makes us very potent in terms of clearing the ball out of defence. Offensive stems from Defence these days, so quick transition is better than playing an untried Dean.

Murphy isn’t a tall either, has long arms, but not a proper tall. We won a premiership with him playing that role. Maynard is very good with body use, there are other ways to win aerial contests…otherwise Cox would mark everything.
This is a very good contribution because it explains th our extreme versatility and all the permutations and variations we can bring to play because of the extreme pace we have on our list and the capability of so many of our players to fulfil a variety of roles.

This is a very good contribution because it explains th our extreme versatility and all the permutations and variations we can bring to play because of the extreme pace we have on our list and the capability of so many of our players to fulfil a variety of roles.
Agreed. Also. We won a premiership with Murphy only playing half a quarter.. he was near BOG before the hit...
Systems...

I am confident Pendles breaks the possession record at least 30 times against GWS :collingwood:

Last edited:
We also still had frampton to swing back if we needed. But he was playing so well up forward😂😂
Frampton's opponent trying to get out from under his clutches.

blanket pigs GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back