Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one thing needs to be said to Complainin' Softprick - 'maybe if you hadn't lost to a side that barely won only one other game against a team of top ups, GC and then drawn with Fremantle because your players are too dumb to realize when to play on/not play on...maybe you wouldn't have finished 7th and lost to the team we smashed by 71 points.'

See what his smirking little face says then.

I'm not going to bother watching it. If they'd beaten Melbourne, they would have played us in the prelim, not the granny, and we had a week's rest.

Also, aren't the AFL concerned about the number of kids going into umpiring and umpires being abused in lower grades? Haven't they asked AFL coaches not to criticise umpires publicly?

If Hardwick is concerned about too many umpiring decisions going against them, either: (a) have a private meeting with the AFL umpires dept and discuss it or (b) teach your players how to play without giving away stupid free kicks or (c) both of these.

Surely he should be fined for making such comments if the AFL is fair dinkum, and the same goes for McRae's comments after the qualifying final.

You're assuming intelligent opinions, which when it comes to hardwick, and the tugger fanbase in general, isn't a given.

Just watched his speech.....wow....full of saltiness, but the worst part was:

'we get over Brisbane without the ARC, then we play a bruised and battered Demons, then we play Geelong in the granny and we all know our record against them....'

Thats drawing a fair bow! What a crap, mediocre attitude! What is that instilling into his team?!

The message, from great leaders, should be 'we've got good foundations but we weren't good enough this year......we're gonna work hard in the off season and have a fair crack next year'.

Telling your whole club that if there were a few hypotheticals/assumptions/fortunate results all strung together then we would be premiers, man......that's sad.

It's not even factual. If they got over Brisbane and Melbourne, they would've played us in the Prelim, not the Granny.

Only one thing needs to be said to Complainin' Softprick - 'maybe if you hadn't lost to a side that barely won only one other game against a team of top ups, GC and then drawn with Fremantle because your players are too dumb to realize when to play on/not play on...maybe you wouldn't have finished 7th and lost to the team we smashed by 71 points.'

See what his smirking little face says then.
He’s an angry man. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gave someone a back hander for that remark however that allows self defence and elderly people his age stand no chance.

Couldn’t really give a shit what dimwhit has to say, just comes across as very salty. They finished 7th and lost to the Lions in an EF, they didn’t “let one slip” , jesus christ!!

16-game winning streak and winning the GF by 81pts, we thoroughly deserved it as we were the best team all year. 2023 will come around and it’ll be a clean slate, I’m looking forward to seeing how we go because make no mistake, we will be hunted, especially from the feral mob at punt rd, bring it on!

I watched Hardwick’s bit. Meh. He’s speaking to the audience, giving them what they want to hear. Not much in it.

I was going to say, those supporters need this sort of stroke? And he gives it to them. That is really awful.

That is extreme politics levels of pathetic.

I had a quick look at the Richmond board. Jeez.

Weird to be in that sort of collective headspace so soon after a successful period.

Anyway, not worth spending time on. Winners are grinners and they can please themselves.
100000 members with a collective IQ of 4. Sadly there'd be a few with a IQ above 100 so that says a lot about the rest.
Shouldn't be allowed out in public, allowed to drive or have children most of them.

Just for Dimma and the tigers supporters. Here is the tigers v cats record since 1980 and last 5 games.

f31ffbb06fa6f362212726ea4c7a0dc5.jpg

Their recent record is ordinary and their record since 1980 is truly embarrassing. So I really don’t understand where he’s coming from.

The tigers were up for 4 years…and that’s fantastic for their supporters. They’ve certainly had it tough for a long time, but I do think it’s time for them (and Dimma) to join us back in the real world.

Just watched his speech.....wow....full of saltiness, but the worst part was:

'we get over Brisbane without the ARC, then we play a bruised and battered Demons, then we play Geelong in the granny and we all know our record against them....'

Thats drawing a fair bow! What a crap, mediocre attitude! What is that instilling into his team?!

The message, from great leaders, should be 'we've got good foundations but we weren't good enough this year......we're gonna work hard in the off season and have a fair crack next year'.

Telling your whole club that if there were a few hypotheticals/assumptions/fortunate results all strung together then we would be premiers, man......that's sad.
At the end of it he mentioned climbing the stairs.
Hmm....ninth or out in straight sets will do me....

fall-stairs.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It shits me so much Geelong with all there home ground advantages they get. AFL needs to get serious and make Geelong the only side required to play all interstate sides every season as away games in the future. 8 interstate sides. 8 away games. So it's no more MCG or Marvel away games as much as possible for them. If we are getting serious about equalisation thats what needs to be done if they want to continue playing at fortress Kardina.

Eagles fan having a normal one.

Yeah but their worst loss for the year was against the Gold Coast Suns - Tigers were 6 goals in front at 3qtr `- now you could have gone out to their huddle at 3qtr time - with brown paper bags full of cash to pay off all the Rich players to throw the game - and they still would have trouble loosing it - given how diabolically bad the Suns were - but the Tigers somehow still lost it

What Hardwick has apparently said - that in my opinion just makes our flag sweeter - we have hit double figures - 10 glorious premierships - and a premiership drought clock that is showing a beautiful zero

Life as a Geel supporter at present cant be any better

I couldnt give a rats aarse about what any opposition coach said about Geel

The record book says Geelong have currently got 10 Premierships - thats all im interested in
Sidenote: I did say we were bloody good as far back as before the Doggies game at the Dome! And the Dees and Tigers along with a bunch of pretenders weren't too flash. I know it was "chest beating" as you said, but something felt different this year (and the opposition overall weren't super imposing).

The question is, will you stay bullish on the Cats next year now?

I... actually can't believe that speech. What a classless, bitter rant. Stunned by that. And really thankful to be a Geelong supporter. In defense of Richmond people, when Dimma made his remarks about the ARC and Geelong, most of the room was silent. Even Richmond people knew that was beneath him. Wowee what a dickhead.

I... actually can't believe that speech. What a classless, bitter rant. Stunned by that. And really thankful to be a Geelong supporter. In defense of Richmond people, when Dimma made his remarks about the ARC and Geelong, most of the room was silent. Even Richmond people knew that was beneath him. Wowee what a dickhead.
I hope Dimma really believes it. They finished 12th last season, limped into the 8 this season and then lost their only Final.

There are a lot of Tigers' supporters who are embarrassed about these sorts of attitudes, that are aware the performances that the Tigers offered up this season are because of the FIGJAM attitude. Then there's Dimma. We've got a Tiger's supporter at work that is a "true believer" and he could've written Hardwick's speech. The game around the office has been to see how many times you can use the words post, point, behind and review in a conversation with him. I'm not involved as he reports to me and I've had to tell them to stop now as it's really had an impact on him.

I’m pretty happy with this turn of events.

If they want to believe that they deserved to win from 7th with only 3 games unplayed and an AFL conspiracy in the way - good luck to them.

Just makes our win even sweeter.

You watched it? Or is this a hint of sarcasm? He was still going on about the ARC in his coaches address at their BnF.
No i refuse to watch it, i had just assumed he may have finally moved on from it but i should have known better

Don't worry about Hardwick - it will just make playing them next season sweeter.

I'd be asking for a home game against them at KP - Just too piss him and Brendan Gale off
Now that they are a minnow club again we don't need to worry about them at the G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back