OT: Where have you been in the world and where would you like to go?

Remove this Banner Ad

mick_foley

All Australian
Oct 14, 2006
Up North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well I have been to the USA, Canada and Kuala Lumpur.

I was an exchange student in year 10 so o got to live with an American family in Washington State (Kettle Falls) for 12 months. Kettle Falls is about 5 hours outside of Seattle.

I have been all the way up and down the West coast of the USA from Vancouver (Canada) to Sunny California. LA, Anaheim, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle.

And some parts of Asia KL and Tokyo

You?

hey that's more than a girl i used to coach down Elizabeth way that had never been to the city before :eek:
Did she refer to it as 'the big smoke' too?

Ive been to England, USA and New Zealand. Spent 6 months playing cricket in London which was awesome, would love to do it again.

Been to most capital cities around Australia apart from Sydney and Darwin, but I've been to Sydney Airport :p

Overseas - Well I was born in England, lived there til I was 8, I've also been to Turkey twice and Spain once. I've been to Singapore as well.

Around Australia I've been to Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra. Around the world I've been to LA, Vegas, San Francisco (1997) and Vancouver and Honolulu (2005/06).

I don't really have places I want to visit, but events I want to go to. I must go to a soccer World Cup some day - aiming for Brazil 2014. Also want to go to a cricket World Cup abroad, a Winter Olympics and the Stanley Cup Finals for the NHL.

been to:

BALI twice
INDIA went to chennai, trichy, madurai, mysore and a few other places
USA and CANADA went to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Orlando, Disney World, New York, Toronto, Niagra Falls, San Fransisco, Yosemite National Park, Honolulu
MALAYSIA only went to kl

Fiji 4 times
Hawaii 4 times
New Zealand 3 Times
New Caledonia twice
New Guinea once
New Hebrides twice
Solomon Islands twice
Tuvulu once
USA once including
Los Angeles:
Dallas
Houston
Las Vegas
Yosemite
Sacremento
San Francisco

I want to go to Ireland and England next then return to Los Angeles,Las Vegas & San Francisco asap:)

Australia - Perth, Alice Springs (via bus from Adelaide!), Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Townsville, Gold Coast and hinterlands, Falls Creek, lived in Canberra.

Fiji
Singapore
UK - lived in Leeds, visited London, Bristol, Wales, Manchester, Edinburgh, took a day trip up to loch ness and back, Carlise, York, the dales, Lakes District, Northern Ireland (stayed in Belfast and drove around the rest of it - it's tiny!)
Ireland - Dublin
Denmark - Copenhagen
Sweden - Malmo
Netherlands - Amsterdam and Deventer
Belgium - Brussels
France - Paris, Nice, Cannes
Monaco
Spain - Barcelona
Portugal - the Algarve
Italy - Rome, Venice, Florence, Pisa, Siena
Switzerland - Zurich, Zug, Lucerne, Interlaken
Austria - Vienna
Slovakia - Bratislava
Czech Republic - Prague
USA - New York
India - Mumbai, Goa, Agra, Fatehpur Sikri and New Delhi (which is a must just to check out the McDonalds menu!)

When I was five my parents took me on a tour of Europe through the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trekking in Nepal - pure magic.

The Taj Mahal - magnificent.

Highlands of Papua New Guinea - raw and captivating

The Grand Canyon - awe inspiring

Would love to go to Antarctica and Egypt.

Only been outside the country once - to Vanuatu.

End of the year, hoping to go to Japan for three weeks, then in 12-18 months time will most likely move to Europe for 1-3 years.

Been - Canada (British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta - Canadian Rockies were great), USA (California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Illinois, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South and North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts), UK, France, Spain, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands and Belgium.

Shortly in about 4 weeks - France, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands again plus Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary.

Would like to go to 1) Igazu Falls on border of Brazil and Argentina, 2) Michu Pichu (Inca Trail) and 3) Vietnam

I'm inexperienced in travelling.

Australia - Family holidays took me to Halls Gap and The Grampians in Victoria, Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, NSW, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Japan - Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima - Hooray for school trips, otherwise I'd have never been out of Australia.

New Caledonia

New Zealand (umpteen times)

USA (including Hawaii)

Canada

England

Ireland

Finland

Belgium

Austria

Germany

Italy

Switzerland

France

Singapore

Favourites: Ireland, England, Italy, Canada, New Zealand

Hated: Singapore

Vietnam
Taipei
Bali
Thailand
Cambodia
England
Scotland
France
Portugal
Spain
Malaya
Egypt
Greece
Oman
Dubai
India
New Zealand
Fiji (the pits)
All the Australian States and Territories

This is still the cleanest and best City in the world

Lived in
Iran
Philippines
Indonesia

Been To
Malaysia
Singapore
Hong Kong
Papua Nugini
USA
Guam
England
Scotland
New Zealand

Went to Elizabeth once. Much Scarier than Iran

Remove this Banner Ad

OT: Where have you been in the world and where would you like to go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back