Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t say I have ever done what Clarkson said but I have been called that many times, I’ve also been knocked unconscious by a dog act like the hit on Simpkin, one hurt the other I just felt sorry for the people with the loose lips.

Take offence if you really feel you need to with what Clarkson said but let’s not diminish a potentially career ending moment, the guy has had 3 pretty serious head knocks in 12 months and this should not happen any more.

So it seems the consensus is Webster is a third rate dictionary, a fourth rate Diffr'nt Strokes, a fifth rate player for a sixth rate club, but a first rate sloppy seconds

And Clarkson is an angry midget with an oral fixation

And on that bombshell...

Clarkson insults people on a regular basis. He's an angry little man, with poor control for a man in his position. He's never forced to face the consequences though is he? Interesting turn of phrase though. Would he use this put-down toward anybody in particular?

that's the real issue here. what he said isn't a big deal to me but he is a repeat offender who can't control his anger.

he is surely running out of chances.

That was my initial reaction, as I'd never thought about it. I don't even associate the term with sex. I just thought of it as an abusive term like c..khead (I'm a fan of all the swear words with 'head' at the end) but when you think about it - of course it's a homophobic slur.

I've never thought of it that way. Its usually used as a greeting amongst some old mates at the pub.

F..kwit is my go to insult.

I've never thought of it that way. Its usually used as a greeting amongst some old mates at the pub.

The problem with the 'wit' ending is that you've got the very gentle "dim" and then it's on to "f-ck" with nothing in between. "Head" as an ending gives you a greater range of nuanced abuse. You can even add it to slang names for drugs as well as swear words - crackhead smackhead to make it socially acceptable in polite company. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
The problem with the 'wit' ending is that you've got the very gentle "dim" and then it's on to "f-ck" with nothing in between. "Head" as an ending gives you a greater range of nuanced abuse. You can even add it to slang names for drugs as well as swear words - crackhead smackhead to make it socially acceptable in polite company. I highly recommend it.

heading to sydney for the game this weekend and will probably spend Friday and Saturday in a pub so I'll try this out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a meeting of minds that must be.

heading to sydney for the game this weekend and will probably spend Friday and Saturday in a pub so I'll try this out.
Have fun trying out head as an ending.

I can’t say I have ever done what Clarkson said but I have been called that many times, I’ve also been knocked unconscious by a dog act like the hit on Simpkin, one hurt the other I just felt sorry for the people with the loose lips.

Take offence if you really feel you need to with what Clarkson said but let’s not diminish a potentially career ending moment, the guy has had 3 pretty serious head knocks in 12 months and this should not happen any more.

Clarkson insults people on a regular basis. He's an angry little man, with poor control for a man in his position. He's never forced to face the consequences though is he? Interesting turn of phrase though. Would he use this put-down toward anybody in particular?

that's the real issue here. what he said isn't a big deal to me but he is a repeat offender who can't control his anger.

he is surely running out of chances.

He's also guilty of committing one of the worst "dog act", potentially career ending king hits in the history of the game, when he knocked out Ian Aitken in an exhibition game in London in 1987. Aitken was never the same again as a player.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back