Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The definition of trolling seems all encapsulating which I understand (putting it all in the same boat is easier to police), however, I think it is fairly important to acknowledge that there is a huge difference between using emoji's and votes compared to actual posts that contains harmful text.

When we lose and are trolled, lots of our posters complain about it.
The same happens on other boards.
If you venture out of here and troll - good luck.
PS: Some boards are more sensitive than others - just sayin 😉
I trolled the Carlton board in 2013 when i was noob around these parts, have played within the rules since that infraction. Same old Carlton since back then though ;)

The definition of trolling seems all encapsulating which I understand (putting it all in the same boat is easier to police), however, I think it is fairly important to acknowledge that there is a huge difference between using emoji's and votes compared to actual posts that contains harmful text.
You may choose to make a distinction - posters on here and elsewhere don’t.
Any negative interaction is considered trolling apparently.

You allow trolls to post on this board all the time.

When we lose and are trolled, lots of our posters complain about it.
The same happens on other boards.
If you venture out of here and troll - good luck.
PS: Some boards are more sensitive than others - just sayin 😉
Maybe the Collingwood board should re-think the open supporter policy. It’s all well and good for other supporters to come on here and troll and seemingly get away with it but as soon as we go to return the favour we get the chief and other board mods annihilating us. Just an observation.

He's a nice bloke who did things he's way had footy smarts and played footy in the right way. He's not ungrateful he just didn't fit an old 1950s mentality.
Either way it's done. 2025 is a perfect time to reinvent. But does the club have the courage to do it?
Did you not see his taunting of the Pies supporter base behind the goals a couple of weeks ago?? Pretty sure he wasn't telling them how grateful he is for their support during his time at Collingwood.

Not when the ego is as brittle as their football side.

Probably because it’s a use against them mentality at Collingwood. You’re with us or against us and we’re used to everyone else against us so we have thick skin
Unfortunately most of the trolls on our board claim to barrack for the Pies.

You allow trolls to post on this board all the time.
Perhaps need to read my words.
I didn’t say I agree with the definition some have of trolls.
There are some that troll their own supporters and some that troll opposition (some do both).
The irony is then they complain when they get it fed back to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fine, it is what it is. But common sense would acknowledge a distinction. And the distinction was acknowledged eventually. But what you say is correct. Best not to do it again, at least wait 12 months!! Let the Chief cool off a bit. ;)

Perhaps need to read my words.
I didn’t say I agree with the definition some have of trolls.
There are some that troll their own supporters and some that troll opposition (some do both).
The irony is then they complain when they get it fed back to them.
Maybe so. But we have trolls on this board who have been bagging the club for years.
They only appear after a loss and almost always get away with it.

Maybe so. But we have trolls on this board who have been bagging the club for years.
The best thing is to ignore them.

Nah, most posters on here and elsewhere also make the distinction. It's the minority of overly sensitive easily offended "but sir, he said ..." posters who don't.
It just makes me wonder when "Sticks and stones..." became irrelevant.

Majority of my ignore list are pies "supporters"

Sink the boots in constantly and vanish when we're doing well

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back