Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy fort is a premiership player. Reminds me of Frampton last year

Swans really lacked that dominant key forward that Frampton provided last year. Andrews had a field day.

Slightly off-topic, Andrews is a brilliant captain. None of the floggishness. Just a game-turning gun.

IF Will Ashcroft played last year would we have lost the GF?
Interesting question Dave.
I think no, for these reasons:
a) He was 1 year younger
b) Coleman played for them last year
c) Our midfield in last year's GF was heroic, Ashcroft was to some extent allowed to look good by the pathetic capitulation of Sydney.
Reckon we still win.

IF Will Ashcroft played last year would we have lost the GF?

We kicked 12.18

Don’t let the close margin fool you

We dominated Brisbane and just couldn’t put it on the scoreboard

Is McStay playing too? Murphy getting through healthy? We could do this all day.

What about Taylor? It's pretty dumb to say if he played we would've lost.

In saying that I'm glad he didn't but I'm also sure Brisbane fans were glad McStay didn't play when he missed the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We denied Brisbane a potential 4-peat. They'll be up there next year
If Daniher retires, that's a big blow.
Charlie Cameron also not getting younger.

Their offense is their biggest weapon.

Pies could have also be a dynasty. I think Pies would have made GF this season if they didn't choke away GC, Bombers game and those 2 draws. But injuries happen and no one can deny Pies has has the injury bug all year.

We kicked 12.18

Don’t let the close margin fool you

We dominated Brisbane and just couldn’t put it on the scoreboard

This.

Pies had to kick high enough score and luckily Hill kicked a bag.
But Pies had many shots at the goal, which is key thing to do to beat Brisbane. You have keep their defenders under pressure all game.

I don’t know about a four peat.I don’t think this team is anywhere near as good as their side was from 2001 to 2003.
They've got 5 players to bring in off ACL's too. Not sure how they fit them all in.

I agree, they're not a patch on the 2001-2003 sides. Interesting to see if they suffer a premiership hangover.

I like or respect the Brions as their tagger in Berry is a 👍 of player in his own right. Same how we use Sidey. Where Sydney and the Giants seem to use players with limited ability. I hated how the Swans used a scrubber like Clarke on Nicky D and now it's James Jordan.

Kudos to Rampe he spoke well. Big respect.

If Daniher retires, that's a big blow.
Charlie Cameron also not getting younger.

Their offense is their biggest weapon.

Pies could have also be a dynasty. I think Pies would have made GF this season if they didn't choke away GC, Bombers game and those 2 draws. But injuries happen and no one can deny Pies has has the injury bug all year.

Or, you know, Sullivan handed the ball to the umpire instead of Nick.

I don’t know about a four peat.I don’t think this team is anywhere near as good as their side was from 2001 to 2003.
Agree.
We beat them not much before the final series, with 75% of our top 22.

Ashcroft was brilliant tonight, want to take nothing from him.
After half way through 2nd though, the Swans' midfield went missing to a significant extent.

Reckon, even on performances this year, that the gap between us and Brisbane was miniscule.

Injuries teh difference: i think that Brisbane just had a group of young ones who filled the gaps due to injury who were at higher level of development than ours.

Swans' mental grit just inferior, and nowhere what is required to win a GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back