Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Shameful. I hope we don't have supporters who would do that to our players.
I do get the angst. How many years has it been now? How many times have they folded when finals beckoned? These people pay good money and make an effort to come rain hail or shine for years and they expect their team to play as if they care. Essendon were at full strength with everything to play for and they didn't give a yelp.

If screaming and venting their rage at this impotent team is all they do, then that is fine by me.

I do get the angst. How many years has it been now? How many times have they folded when finals beckoned? These people pay good money and make an effort to come rain hail or shine for years and they expect their team to play as if they care. Essendon were at full strength with everything to play for and they didn't give a yelp.

If screaming and venting their rage at this impotent team is all they do, then that is fine by me.
You can be Angry and frustrated but that level of abuse is embarrassing and disgusting. Thankfully the main abuse sounds like it’s coming from a teenager at least and not a grown man.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't think there's ever an excuse to verbally abuse anyone like that.

Jesus effing Christ.

You can’t be for real. No wonder you can’t control yourself.

It’s uncontrolled and shows no competency as a man (or woman)

Glad I have no family like this

And would never want a friend like this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Blues fans did it last year and the Dogs fans did when they lost to the Eagles. It’s just pathetic behaviour. It’s just a game ffs it should not emotionally affect you this much.

Fair enough. I've never done it and don't like it but like I said, I can understand the anger. I've lost it like that over the years usually at home watching interstate clashes when a ump's decision costs us a game. For some reason it's different when I'm attending the game.

The Blues fans did it last year and the Dogs fans did when they lost to the Eagles. It’s just pathetic behaviour. It’s just a game ffs it should not emotionally affect you this much.
Again, I politely disagree. If people are not emotionally engaged on a deep level the game would die. That's why there are so many clips of grown men bawling after the grand final win or screaming like maniacs as they hug and kiss strangers. It's not just a game. It's a huge part of many people's lives and it matters.

That's in no way justifying feral attacks on your own team or opposition supporters but to say the game should not emotionally affect you is wrong in my opinion. I know you said "this much" but would you classify crying or kissing strangers after a win strange or overly emotionally behaviour? It's the same the world over regardless of what brand of football people follow.

It isn't just a game in the eyes of hundreds of thousands of supporters.

Last edited:
Can't remember an instance of pies supporters ever doing something like that.
I would say it's a given that pies supporters don't act that way. Seems to be an issue with Carlton, Essendon and Richmond.
Saying player x is crap/should be dropped/delisted/never play again is very different to calling out the playing 23 likje that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back