Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

whatever is said, ginnivan's post probably is the difference between the two sides.... You cannot script it better. We can look back in the coming years and say that the hawks might have won it if it wasnt for ginnivan. He has made his impact this year, after being next to useless in the grand final last year.

I love what Ginni is doing, he needs to keep it up maybe ramp it up a little….

……….now he’s not a Magpie,

Hinkley pretty much Flogged it up IMHO

Ginni copped it from Hinkley knowing he made his bed. His captain, coach, & some of the ex-Hawk commentators weren't impressed.

I agree with you re:Hinkley and would be disappointed if Fly couldn't maintain a more dignified position. He got the result he wanted and would have won the moral war if he stayed humble.

Another lesson last night...not a word about ducking. Training needs to be adjusted for forwards to use it. And magpie fans just have to learn to ignore it when the footy world starts complaining when we start using it. It's the way of the future and we need to get on board.

The only comment that i heard was that dylan moore has got 17 free kicks from it this year. Its a significant advantage and we need to use it.

whatever is said, ginnivan's post probably is the difference between the two sides.... You cannot script it better. We can look back in the coming years and say that the hawks might have won it if it wasnt for ginnivan. He has made his impact this year, after being next to useless in the grand final last year.
Why do players/clubs need to be motivated by a post? I know it’s used, but I just don’t understand why it’s needed to motivated professional athletes.

Ginni copped it from Hinkley knowing he made his bed. His captain, coach, & some of the ex-Hawk commentators weren't impressed.

I agree with you re:Hinkley and would be disappointed if Fly couldn't maintain a more dignified position. He got the result he wanted and would have won the moral war if he stayed humble.
Maybe that’s a problem with Port. They don’t seem to have any players who are lippy and verbally go at the opposition.

Leave it to the coach…

Why do players/clubs need to be motivated by a post? I know it’s used, but I just don’t understand why it’s needed to motivated professional athletes.

because people are people....and young men especially are young men. It doesnt just motivate, it feeds the collective....its tribal...

It's the human condition. Fear, hate, love, revenge etc all great motivators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you know that’s all for nought because Sydney wil pump Port next week anyway and those flogs will suffer. They got their minute of support from neutrals last night because they played Flogthorn. Normal transmission resumes next week.
I think that support will continue until next week. A lot of people hate the swans and would love nothing more than seeing the likes of papely , warner suffer the same fate as ginni and sicily.

It's just always something with Ginnivan.
How many different ways can you **** up?
He's far from the worst of us, of course, but will he ever learn to pull his head in, or bite his tongue when needed? Doubtful.
I thought Mitchell missed a teaching opportunity by reacting the wrong way after the game. He could have let Ginnivan take it on the chin and finally learn that if you carry on like a knob it eventually rebounds on you. In this case it looks like it’s rebounded on the whole club.
I don’t buy the ‘just a kid’ rationale either. He’s probably been playing competitive footy for 10 years and could have absorbed a bit of humility along the way. Maybe Mitchell will have a quiet word with him.

It's just always something with Ginnivan.
How many different ways can you **** up?
He's far from the worst of us, of course, but will he ever learn to pull his head in, or bite his tongue when needed? Doubtful.
The guy goes out the night before the biggest match of the year then has an absolute shocker. Then he does it again this year. He'll never learn. It's not like this is a situation where an unorthodox preparation actually helps his own game. The problem now for Hawthorn is that they've embraced and encouraged his bullshittery.

Compare the pair…

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back