Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

Lockhart road got the sack
lockhart road wants to get back
lockhart road plays to the mob
lockhart road ………..

Everyone is not true, but you make a number of points in a very conciliatory way.
Firstly the naming of family members should have been stomped on by the moderators years ago. No credit to them for their negligence.
How you can attack an individual for earning a living-is beyond me. No credit to those who go to that low level
There is a wink wink nod nod attack on any viewpoint outside the mainstream.
That is enough of other examples.
A bottom line for me is that the repetition is boring and as a football forum is becoming uninteresting.
Janus was willing to dissect game plans, others give great analysis of draft and footy news etc., but having a poster repeat the same thing hundred of times on a thread is not….
A bottom line for me is that the finals repetition is boring and as a football forum Port supporter is becoming uninteresting soul destroying.

Possible, but he would have to dumb his language and thinking down.

Quite often Janus has ideas worth considering, and can express them in depth.
Janus strikes me as being quite intelligent despite their propensity for loony ideas. tHUndeRpaNTs being the antithesis of most things Janus would be exactly what they would do if they created a parody account.

Janus strikes me as being quite intelligent despite their propensity for loony ideas.
Janus has good vocabulary and writing skills. That doesn't make him intelligent. Critical thinking is sorely lacking.

Lockhart road got the sack
lockhart road wants to get back
lockhart road plays to the mob
lockhart road ………..

Everyone is not true, but you make a number of points in a very conciliatory way.
Firstly the naming of family members should have been stomped on by the moderators years ago. No credit to them for their negligence.
How you can attack an individual for earning a living-is beyond me. No credit to those who go to that low level
There is a wink wink nod nod attack on any viewpoint outside the mainstream.
That is enough of other examples.
A bottom line for me is that the repetition is boring and as a football forum is becoming uninteresting.
Janus was willing to dissect game plans, others give great analysis of draft and footy news etc., but having a poster repeat the same thing hundred of times on a thread is not….
What on earth does "how can you attack a individual for earning a living" actually mean anyway?

Every job on the planet has scrutiny & criticism, doesn't matter what it is. A chef is under pressure to cook well, a garbage man to pick up the rubbish so on & so forth through any job you want to name or list.

That's amplified in professional sport of any nature as it comes with a high salary, a better way of life etc so it comes with pressure and a high level of scrutiny. I'd love to see a AFL coach or staff member after a bad loss come out in the post game presser and say "how can you attack me I'm just trying to a earn living" and watch the meltdown after it.

Also if you think AFL coaches & staff have it tough for what they cop go see what European football managers, American sport coaches etc cop as scrutiny and pressure then throw that line out there.

Sadly, thundercloud's analysis is actually closer to the truth and expectation of those within the industry. The AFL is not at all comparable to European soccer or American sports or any other professional sport for that matter. It's a small, provincial game played in 3 cities in the world and the participants operate under a cloud of group think that makes sure everyone in the industry has a job for as long as they want one.

A clue to who is behind the Thunderpants parody account?
Doormat a football
Possible, but he would have to dumb his language and thinking down.

Quite often Janus has ideas worth considering, and can express them in depth.
i agree that janus has interesting ideas and yu dont have to agree with them to appreciate the thoughts and effort of his posts. The point being made is that seemingless endless repetitions have football contributions drowned in a swamp of twoddle and a Mediocre read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to mean. :think:

Oh wait, is that a personal attack based on my family name? o_O

Surely it's time this parody account was permabanned.

That's your real name?! I thought it must be a play on stevedore - you know, a docker, longshoreman or wharfie, in an allusion to the other thing Port Adelaide used to be known for. No wonder you picked us as your team to root for!

That's your real name?! I thought it must be a play on stevedore - you know, a docker, longshoreman or wharfie, in an allusion to the other thing Port Adelaide used to be known for. No wonder you picked us as your team to root for!
;)

Doormat a football
il_1140xN.3284055529_swny.jpg

Doormat a football

i agree that janus has interesting ideas and yu dont have to agree with them to appreciate the thoughts and effort of his posts. The point being made is that seemingless endless repetitions have football contributions drowned in a swamp of twoddle and a Mediocre read.
Yup. confirmed.

This board wouldn't work if everything posted here about our club was overly positive. myself and many others wouldn't return.

We have to challenge the club on it's performance both on and off field. With no games being played the attention falls on the administration decisions much more.

Listen to the past players talk about the expectations the supporters had on the club. Its un-Port Adelaide like to not demand success.

Mates, ignore lists, chucking dirty tea and the unoriginal sin called nepotism

When you’re growing old, then very old, what can you do about it? Nothing. What do you do to take your mind off it? I wait impatiently for footy season to get closer, day by day, keep an eye on BigFooty, watch The Crown again from the start and marvel how old blokes like Churchill used to look and how young sheilas like Liz used to look way back when she became Queen.

I was seven when I saw Liz and Phil in the flesh on their great tour of the Commonwealth in early 1954, cruising around Victoria Park Race Course in an open limo. It was a sweltering late summer day. All the schools were assembled. They waved to me, I’m sure, Liz and Phil. And so they should have. I stood out from the crowd, small though I was as a seven-year-old. My left arm was hidden in a Persil-white sling, inside which it was encased from the webbing between thumb and index finger to elbow then to armpit in half-inch-thick plaster of Paris. The caste had become decorated with the sort of graffiti seven-year-olds back then drew in crayon on the plaster worn by schoolmates whose forearm had broken off and disappeared from sight; I’d snapped both the ulna and the radius, each in two, playing leapfrog on our front lawn. I wore that weighty monstrosity for six weeks. I can still hear the bones going snap-snap, feel the shooting pain, and see the world as a momentary crimson flash. I told all my schoolmates the story, suitably embellished every time. They wrote their critique on my plaster of Paris. ‘Clumsy’, ‘Serves you right’, ‘Only girls play leapfrog’, ‘Break both arms next time.’ Routine 1954 schoolmate peer pressure.

Schoolmates. Teammates. Workmates. Army mates. Drinking mates. Run o’ the mill bloody mates.

‘Mates.’ I’ve used the word all my life. I’m Australian.

I don’t say, or write, ‘Hi, guys.’ For me it’s “G’day, mate.”

I’m a very old Australian, set in my plaster of Paris ways. The old ways.

But every day I’m running faster out of time just by sitting still. I’m more impatient every day, waiting for that item at the top of my bucket list: ‘OUR NEXT PREMIERSHIP’.

People who get in my way have to be dealt with. I don’t have time to go around them. So I put them on ignore. Then they disappear, like my left arm when it turned seven.

I’m angrier every day. Or I was, until recently when I was got at for calling mates ‘mate’ and for revealing that I put obstructionists on ignore. What’s the point of getting angry with those younger than you, I asked myself. They’re never, ever, going to catch up.

So now my anger is gone. I’ve exhausted it. In its place is another ‘A’ word.

Apathy.

I also got nagged for supposedly chucking dirty tea at family members of certain individuals employed by or in the service of the Club.

In fact, I’d told not for the first time about Mrs Hinkley standing up to the chairman in her own kitchen. That’s not dirty tea. That’s balls. The dirty tea was on him, the balls on her.

In the ‘Sack Hinkley’ thread has broken out, again, a discussion about nepotism. There, too, dirty tea is being chucked. And rightly so.

Nepotism is a symptom of, a clue to, an unprofessionally run organisation. It’s a common symptom of a family-run company, whether run well or run poorly. It was a symptom of the Trump White House. It’s the stuff of penny-ante dictators who trust nobody outside their bloodline, just kin and guns.

PAFC is not, nor should it ever be, a family-run company. Pinstripe Media is, however, a minor operation of the ‘family’ genre. In an organisation, everything - good and bad, right and wrong - seeps downwards from the top. Like rain on a pyramid. Like mud on a mountain.

Consequently, from where might any nepotism at Alberton, any approval or toleration thereof, have originated?

Don’t look up.

Mates, ignore lists, chucking dirty tea and the unoriginal sin called nepotism

When you’re growing old, then very old, what can you do about it? Nothing. What do you do to take your mind off it? I wait impatiently for footy season to get closer, day by day, keep an eye on BigFooty, watch The Crown again from the start and marvel how old blokes like Churchill used to look and how young sheilas like Liz used to look way back when she became Queen.

I was seven when I saw Liz and Phil in the flesh on their great tour of the Commonwealth in early 1954, cruising around Victoria Park Race Course in an open limo. It was a sweltering late summer day. All the schools were assembled. They waved to me, I’m sure, Liz and Phil. And so they should have. I stood out from the crowd, small though I was as a seven-year-old. My left arm was hidden in a Persil-white sling, inside which it was encased from the webbing between thumb and index finger to elbow then to armpit in half-inch-thick plaster of Paris. The caste had become decorated with the sort of graffiti seven-year-olds back then drew in crayon on the plaster worn by schoolmates whose forearm had broken off and disappeared from sight; I’d snapped both the ulna and the radius, each in two, playing leapfrog on our front lawn. I wore that weighty monstrosity for six weeks. I can still hear the bones going snap-snap, feel the shooting pain, and see the world as a momentary crimson flash. I told all my schoolmates the story, suitably embellished every time. They wrote their critique on my plaster of Paris. ‘Clumsy’, ‘Serves you right’, ‘Only girls play leapfrog’, ‘Break both arms next time.’ Routine 1954 schoolmate peer pressure.

Schoolmates. Teammates. Workmates. Army mates. Drinking mates. Run o’ the mill bloody mates.

‘Mates.’ I’ve used the word all my life. I’m Australian.

I don’t say, or write, ‘Hi, guys.’ For me it’s “G’day, mate.”

I’m a very old Australian, set in my plaster of Paris ways. The old ways.

But every day I’m running faster out of time just by sitting still. I’m more impatient every day, waiting for that item at the top of my bucket list: ‘OUR NEXT PREMIERSHIP’.

People who get in my way have to be dealt with. I don’t have time to go around them. So I put them on ignore. Then they disappear, like my left arm when it turned seven.

I’m angrier every day. Or I was, until recently when I was got at for calling mates ‘mate’ and for revealing that I put obstructionists on ignore. What’s the point of getting angry with those younger than you, I asked myself. They’re never, ever, going to catch up.

So now my anger is gone. I’ve exhausted it. In its place is another ‘A’ word.

Apathy.

I also got nagged for supposedly chucking dirty tea at family members of certain individuals employed by or in the service of the Club.

In fact, I’d told not for the first time about Mrs Hinkley standing up to the chairman in her own kitchen. That’s not dirty tea. That’s balls. The dirty tea was on him, the balls on her.

In the ‘Sack Hinkley’ thread has broken out, again, a discussion about nepotism. There, too, dirty tea is being chucked. And rightly so.

Nepotism is a symptom of, a clue to, an unprofessionally run organisation. It’s a common symptom of a family-run company, whether run well or run poorly. It was a symptom of the Trump White House. It’s the stuff of penny-ante dictators who trust nobody outside their bloodline, just kin and guns.

PAFC is not, nor should it ever be, a family-run company. Pinstripe Media is, however, a minor operation of the ‘family’ genre. In an organisation, everything - good and bad, right and wrong - seeps downwards from the top. Like rain on a pyramid. Like mud on a mountain.

Consequently, from where might any nepotism at Alberton, any approval or toleration thereof, have originated?

Don’t look up.
You know the people on The Crown are actors right?

Port Adelaide has always had family members involved at the club. If you were to go back and look at how many Williams, Obsts, Eberts etc were on the pay roll at some point...I don't have any problem with it, those families have given hours/days/years of their time. When we've enticed people to the club we've often found jobs for partners/kids to make the move easier. If Shaun Burgoyne's wife wanted/needed a job at the club would you be opposed to it? If Alastair Clarkson's kid wanted a job in the membership department and you thought it would help make the move easier would you care? If a family member has the right degree/qualifications to do their job I'm happy for them to be there. When Lisa Hinkley (before she married) was in the office I had to speak to her a couple of times and she did her job well, and she was brilliant when it came to a particular game day experience. Junior admin roles at footy clubs are not highly paid jobs.

Last edited:
You know the people on The Crown are actors right?

Port Adelaide has always had family members involved at the club. If you were to go back and look at how many Williams, Obsts, Eberts etc were on the pay roll at some point...I don't have any problem with it, those families have given hours/days/years of their time. When we've enticed people to the club we've often found jobs for partners/kids to make the move easier. If Shaun Burgoyne's wife wanted/needed a job at the club would you be opposed to it? If Alastair Clarkson's kid wanted a job in the membership department and you thought it would help make the move easier would you care? If a family member has the right degree/qualifications to do their job I'm happy for them to be there. When Lisa Hinkley (before she married) was in the office I had to speak to her a couple of times and she did her job well, and she was brilliant when it came to a particular game day experience. Junior admin roles at footy clubs are not highly paid jobs.
Justin westhoff, matty lobbe, back at the club. Hodges appearing in a promotion. The port proud history is looking after its own as a community tradition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back