Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

Replying to your posts on the subject of nepotism, and your opinion that it’s okay for our club to practise it because every other club does, too, I have a few questions for you:

1. Which clubs currently have the son of their senior coach appearing on their staff list?
2. How would you rate the potential effect on fellow staff, especially other coaching staff who report to the senior coach, of having member/s of the senior coach’s family in the immediate vicinity whilst they are trying to earn their salary, be themselves, say out loud what they feel or think, and keep their job? Positive or negative?
3. How many other clubs have, at one time or other or all at once, shown on their staff list not just the son of the senior coach but also his daughter and his daughter’s husband-to-be?
4. What rating for professionalism, out of ten, would you give a club in the case of 1. above and 3. above?
5. Do you still think that, just because other clubs do it, it is okay for our club to continue the practice whilst at the same time pretending to be striving for excellence (which means being better than the rest of the competition in all respects), and to be Chasing Greatness?
1. Most coaches are younger as are their kids so not applicable, but you could look at Sydney and the Blakey family.
2. Other staff like Schofield? Burgoyne etc etc?
3. Should they have tried to keep it quiet?
4. No idea what you’re on about here
5. Our club is like no other club - who gives a ff what the others are doing?

The trial game was on today, we play some community games in the coming weeks, it’s time to start taking footy and stop with the gossipy toxic but he didn’t pay me any attention in Shanghai... What did you think of the game? Which players excite you? Who did you like in the centre? Should Sinn get a crack in round one? Supporters support, coaches coach and if you want to be something bigger run for a board position.

This sounds a lot like happy clapping nonsense. Supporters should just go along with anything the club does.
Supporters have every right to voice their opinion about which coaching strategies they think the coaching staff have wrong or which player is in the wrong position or whats wrong with the game plan, that's footy. Screen shotting the coach to mock his appearance and complaining that you went to dinner in Shanghai and the coach didn't talk to you enough and then writing a personal essay about it is a little bit mean girl. We're a team who has been at the pointy end of the ladder the past couple of years and we have another shot at it this year and we could be talking about so much more than the coach's t-shirt being tight.

Supporters have every right to voice their opinion about which coaching strategies they think the coaching staff have wrong or which player is in the wrong position or whats wrong with the game plan, that's footy. Screen shotting the coach to mock his appearance and complaining that you went to dinner in Shanghai and the coach didn't talk to you enough and then writing a personal essay about it is a little bit mean girl. We're a team who has been at the pointy end of the ladder the past couple of years and we have another shot at it this year and we could be talking about so much more than the coach's t-shirt being tight.
After the prelim debacle, mocking the coach for only now showing his head in public, instead of owning his mistakes and visibly spending the time since then showing he's actually trying to improve is perfectly fine. That he's appeared to have spent more time filling his gut with food, then head with knowledge may not be PC, but it's fair. It's, IMO, a visible reflection that rather than increase his discipline and will to improve, it instead shows he's let himself go even more. Not the mindset to fill any (non-happy clapper) fan with hope that we've got a coach willing to do everything to move from ok to 'able to win a flag'.

After the prelim debacle, mocking the coach for only now showing his head in public, instead of owning his mistakes and visibly spending the time since then showing he's actually trying to improve is perfectly fine. That he's appeared to have spent more time filling his gut with food, then head with knowledge may not be PC, but it's fair. It's, IMO, a visible reflection that rather than increase his discipline and will to improve, it instead shows he's let himself go even more. Not the mindset to fill any (non-happy clapper) fan with hope that we've got a coach willing to do everything to move from ok to 'able to win a flag'.
Okay so he shouldn't show his face in public :whitecheck: and he should sit up straight and be photo ready at all times :whitecheck: Sounds perfectly reasonable and exactly what we need for a successful team this year. Just to be clear, we were pissed when he didn't show his face and now we're pissed that he has shown his face. And we weren't happy when he didn't speak to the media and address the prelim mistakes but now that he's done that this week we're just going to talk about his weight, face and dietary habits over the summer. Brilliant. I'll head back over to the intra club post and see what people are talking about when it comes to game style and our best team for round one and leave you to it. My bad, shouldn't have made my way to this thread in the first place. RIP Stewey Dew's coaching career and the gut that killed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so he shouldn't show his face in public :whitecheck: and he should sit up straight and be photo ready at all times :whitecheck: Sounds perfectly reasonable and exactly what we need for a successful team this year. Just to be clear, we were pissed when he didn't show his face and now we're pissed that he has shown his face. And we weren't happy when he didn't speak to the media and address the prelim mistakes but now that he's done that this week we're just going to talk about his weight, face and dietary habits over the summer. Brilliant. I'll head back over to the intra club post and see what people are talking about when it comes to game style and our best team for round one and leave you to it. My bad, shouldn't have made my way to this thread in the first place. RIP Stewey Dew's coaching career and the gut that killed it.
We think the coach should have had the balls to show his face after the prelim and admit his mistake. We mock that he only bothers to show up at the very last minute, as we start playing games again. Highlighting he's a coward and has disdain for the fans (newsflash, that includes you). We probably wouldn't have accepted anything he said post-prelim, but at least it'd have shown he had enough respect for the fans (you know those of us paying his salary), to tell them what went wrong. Not a solitary 'I wouldn't change a thing', then bugger off.

First game back, after a debacle, shocking that fans would like to see him fully engaged, ensuring we're doing everything in his power to succeed. Not lay back like nothing matter.

images

We think the coach should have had the balls to show his face after the prelim and admit his mistake. We mock that he only bothers to show up at the very last minute, as we start playing games again. Highlighting he's a coward and has disdain for the fans (newsflash, that includes you). We probably wouldn't have accepted anything he said post-prelim, but at least it'd have shown he had enough respect for the fans (you know those of us paying his salary), to tell them what went wrong. Not a solitary 'I wouldn't change a thing', then bugger off.

First game back, after a debacle, shocking that fans would like to see him fully engaged, ensuring we're doing everything in his power to succeed. Not lay back like nothing matter.

images
A Bex and a good lie down - just a little side note for anyone under the age of 50... a Bex is something old people used to have, and the phrase a Bex and a good lie down is something even older super groovy people used to say.

To state the obvious, we all barrack for the same team, we were all equally as disappointed and we all questioned the coaching last year. Some of us are choosing to take it personally and get personal in the process, and some of us realise we have the coach we have this year and he will fullfill his contract and as Travis Boak tells you every week "don't waste your energy on things you can't control and work on on the things you can".

I would have thought at your age you'd be a massive 5aa fan but maybe you missed the interview that came in the weeks post game from Hinkley, it was on radio and streamed on social media it was also ugly to watch and deeply unsatisfying. I thought his interview this week addressed the prelim, I thought Jonas also addressed the prelim - but we have to move on. If we as supporters choose to stay on last year mentally we're screwed. We know this from experience when we had a different coach and the same result.

I know I said I wasn't coming back to this thread so apologies I'll go now and you can have the last word :)

Kate Mckinnon Flirting GIF by Saturday Night Live

The 3rd point of Richo's AGM slide says it all, about Ken, the players and achieving the first point.

I guess it won't be until September has ended, if we are going to find if the club's talk is essentially cheap on a cost effective basis, or not.

1645240443652.png

A Bex and a good lie down - just a little side note for anyone under the age of 50... a Bex is something old people used to have, and the phrase a Bex and a good lie down is something even older super groovy people used to say.
Is 48 under 50? :think: Although my memory is such I can't remember the last time I listened to 5AA, except for turning on the last few minutes of a crows loss for the laughs. It'd have to be prior to having lived in Melbourne (2000-2007) though.

The 3rd point of Richo's AGM slide says it all, about Ken, the players and achieving the first point.

I guess it won't be until September has ended, if we are going to find if the club's talk is essentially cheap on a cost effective basis, or not.

View attachment 1330461

We're adding a little something to this year's AFL season, Ken. As you know, first prize is you get to be an AFL premiership coach. Anyone want to see second prize (making a grand final)? A set of steak knives.

Third prize is you're fired.

The key word is S U P P O R T E R S. Read websters, then change your ways to be a port Adelaide supporter, not an

• enemy.
  • opponent.
  • opposition.
  • adversary.
I’m a member, not a supporter.

The key word is S U P P O R T E R S. Read websters, then change your ways to be a port Adelaide supporter, not an

• enemy.
  • opponent.
  • opposition.
  • adversary.
The other key word is club. As in you support the club, not whatever individual happens to be there at the time. What is best for the club is not always for whoever is currently employed or involved there to remain.

What I find dissapointing from Kens AGM appearance is the brief addressing of last years PF debacle. He indicated that there was a coaching panel post match review that he led and oversaw , however it appears that there was no higher independent review of Ken himself. When questioned about the poor starts through out the year, he falied to provide
an indication that they had tdentified the root cause and hence could fix the problem. Without any new faces this yr and fresh challenging input will we see the same storylne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Our Day in Kangaroo Court - The Real Alberton Faithful 1870-2012 versus Ken Bloody Hinkley 2013-2023 … 2025? and his Enablers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back